Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Bad Is Brunell?

jonjeff

Brunell's status for practice this week and next Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles will be determined early next week, team officials said.

"We'll have to see how it develops in the days ahead," head coach Joe Gibbs said after the game. "Mark tried to come back off of it, but couldn't."

Brunell was injured on a sack on the Redskins' first offensive drive of the second half. He was sacked by blitzing linebacker Nick Greisen and laid on the ground for several minutes as trainers evaluated his knee.

This from Redskins.com. Sounds like we won't know anything for a few days.

He'll have an MRI monday, hopefully it isnt that bad. On the sidelines, i saw hime trying to move it and it looked like it was a slight injury, hopefully he'll be close to or 100% by Sunday. We do have a long week, since todays game was Saturday, so hopefully he can get some rest, and be ready.

Brunell's status for practice this week and next Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles will be determined early next week, team officials said.

"We'll have to see how it develops in the days ahead," head coach Joe Gibbs said after the game. "Mark tried to come back off of it, but couldn't."

Brunell was injured on a sack on the Redskins' first offensive drive of the second half. He was sacked by blitzing linebacker Nick Greisen and laid on the ground for several minutes as trainers evaluated his knee.

This from Redskins.com. Sounds like we won't know anything for a few days.

Brunell was listed as "questionable" in terms of returning to the game. That leads me to believe that the injury wasn't bad and does raise the possibility, at least in my mind, that the 'Skins may be using this as a smokescreen to keep Philly in the dark.

I hope Ramsey can duplicates his performance at Philly if Brunell cant play. That portion of the game when Ramsey came in wth the 2 timeouts I could smell doom around the corner but he was given the opportunity for big plays and he took advantage of it. I dont think he'll look as good because the Eagles will have a week to gameplan for him but he had me believing early on today.

Should be an interesting week of debate around here.

No foolin.

So, how do people feel about starting Ramsey, just so Brunell can rest? Is he good enough to beat the wounded Eagles?

(It'd sure be nice if we could rehab a few people, but I don't know if we can spot Philly that many people, in their house, even now.)

No foolin.

So, how do people feel about starting Ramsey, just so Brunell can rest? Is he good enough to beat the wounded Eagles?

(It'd sure be nice if we could rehab a few people, but I don't know if we can spot Philly that many people, in their house, even now.)

Nope. We can't spot anyone anything. From here on out, we have to win every game or our season is over. Next week is a must win because we can't rely on other teams to do us favors, and of course after next week the playoffs begin. If Brunell can't go I think Ramsey will be OK as the starter, but resting other players is out of the question unless we have a three score lead in the second half.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

I was going crazy when PR came in I truly believed he would do well I WAS CHANTING I BELIEVE PR WHEN HE CAME IN AT THE STADIUM. It had nothing to do with MB getting hurt just my belief that PR can make plays and be a effective QB. The guy will always be a gunslinger but he also won't allow teams to stack the box. You think back to how effective he was againest CHITOWN passing and it was pretty amazing looking at how good that defense is. The guy comes in againest the NYG in the 36-0 game and took us right down the field inside the 10..

You would think if it was serious Brunell would not have finished the game on the sidelines. I didn't even see a bag of ice on the knee. I don't think it is anything major, but I also don't know if Mark will be ready for the Eagles next week. I guess this would mean that Jason Campbell would be the backup if Mark can't go.

It was a way better pass then MB threw to Moss that was a prayer. I actually just watched the tape after getting home from the game I thought it was perfectly placed for only Santana to get..I hope MB is okay but I don't think it hurts us at all if PR has to play I actually think it makes us way more explosive. MB has been making mistakes here lately so we can live with 1-2 int if PR can put up 200-300 yards which is likely..

I've got mixed feelings on this. Ramsey played well, although his TD pass to Moss was more a hell of a play by Moss than a great throw by Ramsey. But Rams did seem to display good decision making, and wasn't asked to do too much. There are plays that Gibbs can call if Ramsey is the QB that were unavailable with Brunell simply due to arm strength. Whether or not Gibbs will call them will probably be based on Ramsey in practice. We will see, I guess.

Archived