Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wolf Creek

Destino

photo_02.jpg

Synopsis:

It was supposed to be the vacation of a lifetime in the Australian Outback – full of fun, sun and adventure. But what happened to a trio of twenty-something backpackers took a wrenching detour into the depths of unrelenting terror.

Based on true events, WOLF CREEK is the haunting story of their unthinkable ordeal – a mounting white-knuckle nightmare so real it was destined to become horror legend. WOLF CREEK is a startlingly intense motion picture experience of rapidly escalating dread and suspense. At the 2005 Sundance Film Festival, the film – written and directed by Melbourne's Greg McLean – was acclaimed as a daring, original blend of visually hypnotic thriller with unbearably scary movie.

The chillingly believable events begin as freewheeling, college-aged pals Liz (Cassandra Magrath), Kristy (Kestie Morassi) and Ben (Nathan Phillips) head out for a holiday hike in stunning Wolf Creek National Park to see its mysterious meteor crater. When they return, their car won’t start. Trapped in the vast emptiness of the wilderness – all they can do is wait for rescue.

Luckily, as night falls, along comes colorful local bushman Mick (John Jarratt) and his massive truck, offering a tow to safety. But as the sun comes up the next morning, it becomes shockingly apparent that Mick has no intention of fixing their car or letting them leave the Outback...ever again. As Liz, Kristy and Ben search for any conceivable way out, WOLF CREEK plunges towards an unforgettable climax.

--© The Weinstein Company

The reviews so far seem to be pretty good. All of them point towards a terribly violent movie some mention the Texas Chainsaw Massacre as being similar.

....and it comes out on Christmas. heh

You can watch the trailers here

• 5 months later...

Heard all the hype and watched this, thought it was a peice of crap, don't know how any of this could be based on a true story when the only survivor wasn't around for any of the scenes with the girls in it, he never looked in the building just took off, total peice of crap

I watched this when it came out in Australia.

Terrible. Just terrible. I love a good horror flick, but this one was putrid. The best part was the Aussie-road-trip fantasy first half, before the slashing started. After that: tired, predictable, and sadistic. Yawn.

Saw it last week and I agree with this completely. What a rotten pile of dingo crap this movie turned out to be. It gets pretty bad when my wife and I can make bets about what time a certain scene if going to happen due to the movie being so predictable.

STUPIDEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! i went to blockbuster about 2 weeks ago, read the box, and it sounded really good. turned out to be a total **** fest. i wanted to give up 30 minutes into it, but gave it a chance, and regretted doing so. i want my 2 hours back.

Wolf Creek was one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. The first hour or so is just boring. I wasn't the least bit scared of the killer. He had a striking similarity to a professional wrestler from the 80's called "Outback Jack". When I seen the killer I said "OH! There's Outback Jack! :laugh:

I'd rather sit down and see back to back showings of the Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

Haven't seen Wolf Creek yet .... I've heard mixed reviews about it. I'll probably end up watching it ....

But Killer Clowns :laugh: :laugh:

I thought that I was the only one who remembered that movie. Those clowns were out of control!!! They had cotton candy guns!

Sounds like it sucked so I will skip it, but Des you like horror movies you have seen that a remake of the Omen is coming out. The heard the first one was pretty good so this one might be decent too.

i never found the omen scary. i always wondered why people just didn't beat his ass. the kid was the boss but he was so feeble and weak looking.

Archived