Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley, Taylor, Washington Pro Bowl Robbed

RDSKNFN_48

Congratulations to Moss and Samuels.

Washington did get robbed and you can argue for and against Cooley. He's a great HB but he's not a true FB which probally killed him with the coaches and the player votes.

He considers himself a TE and he went toe-to-toe with Shockey this year. In my opinion, that just makes him that much more better if he's listed at FB. Name a FB who did what he did this year. It's crazy.

I personally don't care. If someone says that their player is better because they got voted in, good for them. It just shows how weak their argument is. I can't remember even watching a pro bowl. I do know that catching the pro-bowl challenge is sometimes entertaining though...as long as there's nothing else on.

For me, the season ends after the Super Bowl. BFD.

It does matter for the players, though. They get incentives to make it, and those incentives push them to play better during the season. So it does matter in the long run.

How did Samuels get in?? Did the KC and NY games never happen? Just goes to show it's all based on reputation/popularity.

Cooley and Washington both deserve it, but not giving it to Griffin and Shawn Springs last year was far more outrageous.

Just goes to show you, people don't always know what they're talking about when they look at the offensive line.... Samuals does deserve to go. He's played solid and consistant.. One bad game, which is really all he had doesn't make him inconsistant.

Agreed though we had a lot of other people deserving to go as well.. We got robbed

Eh, this Pro Bowl **** is retarded, how does Cooley not get in? And Dunn over Portis? Come on, the guy has 3 friggin TD's and 50 more yards. Not a single player from the #4 D in the NFC? Whatever lets just beat the **** outta the GMen.

Reading this post pisses me off. I was trying to convince myself just to look at the positives of having Moss and Samuels but you are right... how in the hell did Dunn make it over Portis? Portis doesnt have a sledgehammer to come in like Duckett does and wear down defenses. Portis has more touchdowns and makes up for a huge percentage of our offense. Dunn doesnt even carry the load there. He is a great guy but Portis is much more deserving then him.

How did Samuels get in?? Did the KC and NY games never happen? Just goes to show it's all based on reputation/popularity.

Cooley and Washington both deserve it, but not giving it to Griffin and Shawn Springs last year was far more outrageous.

Samuels probably got in because those who watch a lot more coaching film than we do thought he was worthy.

That's just it - he's getting voted in on his big hits from the last two seasons. He really hasn't laid the wood on anybody in spectacular fashion this year, and even if he had, that's only one aspect of being a pro bowl safety. His cover skills have been somewhere between pathetic and atrocious, and that's half of his job.

Again, let's wait to see the final tally, but if Roy gets in, he's getting in on leftovers from 2003 & 2004

His cover skills ain't that bad. There aren't a lot of safeties out there better than Roy Williams to be honest. And also just like we say Sean Taylor can cover, people out of the DC area are probably saying the complete opposite. Saying he blows coverages and other stuff. We don't get Roy Williams games often. He won a game against Philly. Santana burned him, man Santana burns them all. He's just that good. I hate the cowboys as a whole but I can respect talent when I see it. (Except Michael Irvin, and Emmit Smith)

Samuels probably got in because those who watch a lot more coaching film than we do thought he was worthy.

Samuels gets in every year on reputation. I mean he's solid so its hard to argue with that selection but the fact that Cooley got robbed is just annoying.

But hey, Congrats to Santana Moss!!!!!!!! You deserve it bud, at least we didnt get snubbed there.

Samuels gets in every year on reputation. I mean he's solid so its hard to argue with that selection....

That's ridiculous. Samuels hasn't been to the Pro Bowl since 2002. If anything his reputation took a big hit in 2003. He had a great 2004 and has had a great 2005. He has had to rebuild his reputation and this is recognition for his hard work.

Of the sacks Samuels have given up I'd guess that all but 1 or 2 were the result of Brunell's inability to step up into a fully-formed pocket.

You can go to each teams site to see who got selected. I just went to the Falcons site and Vick got in.

Keith Brooking, Alge Coleman, Rod Crumpler, Warrick Dunn, DeAngelo Hall and Michael Vick were named to the Pro Bowl on Wednesday - the most since the Falcons Pro Bowl reps since their 1998 NFC Championship season.

Rod Crumpler and Alge Coleman? lol

Archived