Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Horn- what if.....

evucci

Guys,

Just thinking about this. It has been a miserable season for the Saints. Joe Horn and Aaron Brooks are both unhappy to be in such an uncertain situation. Do you think it would be a good move for the Redskins to seek a trade for Horn in the offseason. We've talked about a LOT of WR speculation, BUT Horn's name has NEVER come up. The guy is a flat out playmaker.

Thoughts?????

PS- HTTR- beat Dallas :dallasuck :dallasuck

I could certainly see Horn being the solution to the other side of the field for a few years. That would give us time to find a younger free agent, or maybe pick up someone in the draft a few years down the road.

Our cap situation is pretty ugly though. I'm not sure Horn would come here cheap, unless we could prove we're going to be a legit playoff team for the next few years.

I think as far as the coaching staff is concerned- we're set a QB with Brunell and Campbell for next year.
I don't think he's a free agent- we'd have to give something up.

Ramsey.

There I said it because you wanted to, but couldn't bring yourself to do so. ;)

Horn is the face of that franchise and doesn't seem the type to bail. - If he was traded, he wouldn't have a choice, but would be a bad PR move for the Saints.

...but I do see that as a possibility for Patrick.

Is the owner down there even concerned about good PR right now? Heck it's the Aints. We could give 'em Ramsey for Horn & a 5th round pick.

We have a veteran guy in David Patten, however Joe Horn gets more respect. Also, how long are Gibbs, Bugel, and Hixon going to wait for Taylor Jacobs to develop? It wouldn't be such a bad idea to do what Cerrato did in 03': trade draft picks for veteran players. Only this time we'll have the right coach coaching them.

FYI, he turns 34 in January. He would probably hold out for a new contract. Given that we already have Patten as our designated vet, I'd prefer to pursue a younger option. He also missed a few games this year and his production is dropping off slightly, not that he's in a great situation. But I'm not going to run after a 34 year old receiver who missed games to injury, and whose production probably about to drop. Just my 2 cents.

I wonder what Irving Fryar and Henry Ellard are doing right now. :D

Forget Joe Horn - he's got way too much an ego to come to Washington and settle on being the #2 guy.

I don't want that guy on our team - if I'm going to deal with a head case, give me TO

I disagree. He may be ****y as all get out, but he is not TO. TO tore the Eagles apart. Horn has been one of the Saints team leaders.

I would love it if he came to play for the Redskins. However, he is deeply connected to the people of New Orleans after hurricanes Katrina and Rita. I would seriously doubt he jumps ship.

How about the Skins do something called homework. Yall know? scout some legit draft picks and do their best to draft well. I mean team building to me should mainly come through the draft and then free agency.

I agree you have to draft well. But we don't have the draft picks to get an impact wide reciever for next year.

Also to get Horn I think the Skins would have to give up more then just Ramsey and a draft pick.

As far as the age issue, Keenan McCardell seems to be gettting better with age.

Archived