Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

lavar might not be back and keith adams ?

edskin69

I could easily live without LaVar and still dont understand the attachment to him!!!

He's been a giant bust compared to what he was supossed to be!!! If it means we save $ next yr or the yr after or whenever, then get rid of him. We could use the dough else where for someone who can at least play on 3rd down and if not someone with out such a price tag to play 1st and 2nd down for half of our games.

It doesn't matter if Lavar wants to stay or go. The only question is, does the coaching staff want to keep him around? The coaches say the right things, but they don't play him much. I don't think Lavar even knows what the team will do with him this offseason.

To the tool that just posted the rollseyes: Quit padding your post count and add something to the conversation.

Very true. but Lavar is a bit different, his cap hit is enormous. Even if we had the space to get rid of him it would cripple us in the offseason and we couldn't make any decent moves.

IIRC, his cap hit for next year is $12. If we cut/trade him before 6/1 (or whenever his roster bonus is due), it's $11m. We'd actually save $1m. I still don't think he's going anywhere, though.

This team has no need for lavar, and this team has huge holes elsewhere that need to be addressed much more than keeping an "all-star" part-time linebacker on the roster and wasting loads of cap space that could be used to keep 2-3 high quality players. Despite everyone's emotional attachment to the man, he's not whats best for this team.

I am not in the least bit suprised that we are trying to get rid of him. You don't build a franchise around a linebacker - especially one that doesn't play half the time.

Funny you right this and you have Portis on your Avatar whom the Skins hvae invested heavily in. A premier corner, 2nd rd pick and a 17.5 million dollar signing bonus. Lavar has performed for the Skins under several different coodinators. Portis is good but he isn't worth the investment in him either.

I am not in the least bit suprised that we are trying to get rid of him. You don't build a franchise around a linebacker - especially one that doesn't play half the time.

You're right, although I wish you weren't.

The highest paid player on our entire team is taken out on 3rd downs. Isn't that the lamest crap on earth???

For all the money that we pay him, for him not to even play every down is ridiculous. I wonder how much he earns per snap taken.

Very true. but Lavar is a bit different, his cap hit is enormous. Even if we had the space to get rid of him it would cripple us in the offseason and we couldn't make any decent moves.

I know dude. And I'm not stating it as anything other than a feeling unsupported by common sense or rational thinking :laugh: .

Archived