Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Dallas Dominated the 1st Game" Why is this myth still being told,

NoCalMike

no more fluke than Dallas's long bomb, except no tricks needed, just lined up and flung it downfield twice for TD's

What made it flukish was the desperation involved. The fact that the first pass came on 4th and 15 and Brunell doesn't throw a ball that perfectly 99 times out of 100... But at the same time he DID make that pass and you earned it. A flea flicker is not a fluke no more than a half back pass or a reverse--- all parts of the game. Gadget plays work because other base plays work. You can't gadget yourself into winning a 60 minute game.

You don't dominate a game where you only score 13 points. QUOTE]

False! A game can be dominated 6-0. Points scored on offense does not = domination. This is why I love skins fans. You guys won the game but still won't even concede the fact you were dominated for 55 minutes.. amazing! You crossed midfield twice and never entered the redzone.

What made it flukish was the desperation involved. The fact that the first pass came on 4th and 15 and Brunell doesn't throw a ball that perfectly 99 times out of 100... But at the same time he DID make that pass and you earned it. A flea flicker is not a fluke no more than a half back pass or a reverse--- all parts of the game. Gadget plays work because other base plays work. You can't gadget yourself into winning a 60 minute game.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

dude that is the weakest spin attempt ever, seriously, not even you believe that load of crap :laugh:

I wouldn't say domination is the right word for the first game. I would say, up until the last 5 minutes, the Cowboys controlled the game. But you dont dominate anyone with only 13 pts on the board. As far as the 2 deep passes,, i would and have and will continue to call them flukes,, here's why: To me, its like hitting 2 hole in ones on consective holes, where you trying to do that, sure, did u execute it perfectly, must have, could you do it again in your life time, prob not. And that is not a knock on the plays or the skins, my hat is off, the players made the plays and yall won. But I have to say, it sure is nice to have a game that means something, this late in the season again. I am sure yall feel the same way. I think Dallas will win this game, mainly because I honestly think we are the better team. Other than linebackers, I dont see any position that favors the skins. I say, 24-13 cowboys. Good luck next week though on the Gaints :)

Remember that it was only Bledsoe's second game with the Cowboys then. If he plays well like he did last week, it could be a long night. I expect Witten to get more involved this game.

True, it was his second game but in his first game, he was 18-24-226 yards-3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. That a 143.6 QB rating. His "second game with the Cowboys" is no excuse.

And let's not, for a second, mistake Bledsoe for a good quarterback. He's been run out of two cities in three years.

Cowboys Drive Chart of "domination" :rolleyes:

15:00 6:05 DAL 30 12 47 Missed FG

04:25 3:37 DAL 14 5 20 Punt

15:00 3:40 WAS 31 7 16 Field Goal

09:31 2:22 DAL 35 3 9 Punt

02:42 0:58 DAL 37 3 7 Punt

00:06 0:06 WAS 36 2 5 End of Half

13:26 0:35 DAL 40 1 60 Touchdown

11:24 2:25 DAL 33 5 20 Punt

05:11 3:34 DAL 19 6 19 Punt

12:25 6:27 DAL 24 9 53 Field Goal

03:46 0:54 DAL 31 5 18 Punt

02:35 0:48 WAS 48 4 9 Downs

00:36 0:36 DAL 21 6 36 End of Game

Redskins Drive Chart until the "Miracle on Mon. Night" :rolleyes:

Start

Time Time

Poss Drive

Began # of

Plays Yards

Gained Result

08:55 4:30 WAS 31 9 30 Punt

00:48 0:48 WAS 36 2 -6 Interception

11:20 1:49 WAS 28 3 7 Punt

07:09 4:27 WAS 10 8 7 Punt

01:44 1:38 WAS 20 6 17 Fumble

15:00 1:34 WAS 18 3 7 Punt

12:51 1:27 WAS 18 3 4 Punt

08:59 3:48 WAS 8 7 50 Punt

01:37 4:12 WAS 4 8 28 Punt

False! A game can be dominated 6-0. Points scored on offense does not = domination. This is why I love skins fans. You guys won the game but still won't even concede the fact you were dominated for 55 minutes.. amazing! You crossed midfield twice and never entered the redzone.

And you scored 13 points, period. You do realize that you win games by points scored?

you are looking just plain foolish now

Cowboys Drive Chart of "domination" :rolleyes:

15:00 6:05 DAL 30 12 47 Missed FG

04:25 3:37 DAL 14 5 20 Punt

15:00 3:40 WAS 31 7 16 Field Goal

09:31 2:22 DAL 35 3 9 Punt

02:42 0:58 DAL 37 3 7 Punt

00:06 0:06 WAS 36 2 5 End of Half

13:26 0:35 DAL 40 1 60 Touchdown

11:24 2:25 DAL 33 5 20 Punt

05:11 3:34 DAL 19 6 19 Punt

12:25 6:27 DAL 24 9 53 Field Goal

03:46 0:54 DAL 31 5 18 Punt

02:35 0:48 WAS 48 4 9 Downs

00:36 0:36 DAL 21 6 36 End of Game

one drive (the first) double digits and then MISSED the FG

6 of 12 possession punts

2 end of half/game

1 on downs

11 drives of 7 plays or less

10 drives of 6 plays or less

8 drives of 5 plays or less (only 1 TD)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Redskins Drive Chart until the "Miracle on Mon. Night" :rolleyes:

Start

Time Time

Poss Drive

Began # of

Plays Yards

Gained Result

08:55 4:30 WAS 31 9 30 Punt

00:48 0:48 WAS 36 2 -6 Interception

11:20 1:49 WAS 28 3 7 Punt

07:09 4:27 WAS 10 8 7 Punt

01:44 1:38 WAS 20 6 17 Fumble

15:00 1:34 WAS 18 3 7 Punt

12:51 1:27 WAS 18 3 4 Punt

08:59 3:48 WAS 8 7 50 Punt

01:37 4:12 WAS 4 8 28 Punt

05:58 2:12 WAS 24 10 76 Touchdown

02:52 0:17 WAS 20 2 80 Touchdown

01:47 1:11 WAS 39 3 1 Punt

did anyone say the Skins dominated??

it was an ugly defensive struggle... period.... you scored a td in the 3rd on a long pass, we scored 2 long tds in the 4th.

again spewing this bs about domination is silly, continuing to keep it up, makes you look foolish.

dom·i·nate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dm-nt)

v. dom·i·nat·ed, dom·i·nat·ing, dom·i·nates

v. tr.

To control, govern, or rule by superior authority or power:

To exert a supreme, guiding influence on or over:

To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in

v. intr.

To have or exert strong authority or mastery.

To be situated in or occupy a position that is more elevated or decidedly superior to others.

I wouldn't say domination is the right word for the first game. I would say, up until the last 5 minutes, the Cowboys controlled the game. But you dont dominate anyone with only 13 pts on the board. As far as the 2 deep passes,, i would and have and will continue to call them flukes,, here's why: To me, its like hitting 2 hole in ones on consective holes, where you trying to do that, sure, did u execute it perfectly, must have, could you do it again in your life time, prob not. And that is not a knock on the plays or the skins, my hat is off, the players made the plays and yall won. But I have to say, it sure is nice to have a game that means something, this late in the season again. I am sure yall feel the same way. I think Dallas will win this game, mainly because I honestly think we are the better team. Other than linebackers, I dont see any position that favors the skins. I say, 24-13 cowboys. Good luck next week though on the Gaints :)
Put the WEED and LSD down. tHE COWBOYS are not better than us. 24-13!!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!! Drew bledso is a stiff and our LINEBACKERS are going to get at him and FORCE him to turn the ball over and shorten the field for us. Then we are going to run the ball down the cowboys throats walk away with a victory and yell!!!!NEXT!!!!!!!!!.

Better team then us. please!!!!!!!! If wasnt for that BS defensive holding call you all would have the same record as us. But ya'll got the W. WE BRINGING THE LUMBER THIS WEEK! AND ITS! 21,53,56 TYPE WOOD.

The Cowboys defense did dominate our offense for 55 minutes. Their offense however was FAR from dominant. And this is why saying that they dominated the game overall is indeed a myth. Come on, you CANNOT "dominate" a team and then lose in the last five minutes.

As Inigo would say... "you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

A 13-point victory is domination.

A 13-point lead going into the 4th quarter is HUGE in the NFL. HUGE. You don't see it very often that a team comes back from that big a deficit. It rarely rarely happens.

A 13-point lead with less than 4 minutes to go is virtually insurmountable.

The Redskins got a miracle that game. That's all there is to it.

A 13-point victory is domination.

A 13-point lead going into the 4th quarter is HUGE in the NFL. HUGE. You don't see it very often that a team comes back from that big a deficit. It rarely rarely happens.

A 13-point lead with less than 4 minutes to go is virtually insurmountable.

The Redskins got a miracle that game. That's all there is to it.

well I see we are back to disagreeing again. :laugh:

Cowboys d controlled our offense, yes

Cowboys offense controlled our d, hell no

our d controlled their offense, yes

"A 13-point lead with less than 4 minutes to go is virtually insurmountable",

hardly, the percentage of winning is very low, yet their always one or two games a year when it happens. even bigger leads have crumbled in that short a span... anyone remember the Colts on MNF, down 35 in the 4th, 21 in less than 6 minutes, sent it OT for a win, against defending champ, Bucs?

We looked tired on offense and that carried over from the Bears game, when we scored nothing but FGs. It's like the behavior of the Redskins offense had gotten so accustomed to itself that when we went to Texas Stadium, our behavior was the same way. No one really dominated this game. Dallas played good run defense and Brunell wasn't able to find receivers open on 3rd down.

Then Gibbs planted two atomic bombs and blew up the Cowboys secondary, then the game over!

Domination is not always in the box score though. I mean remember the game against the Eagles a couple of seasons ago, actually 2004, it was 13-6 for virtually the entire game, and then the Eagles pulled away in the 4th quarter and the game ended up being 28-6.....but when you looked at everything but the score, the game was pretty even, just the Skins making stupid mistakes(turnovers) to cost them the game.

Same as the first Dallas game this season. If you look at the stats, it was two DEFENSES pretty much stuffing the offenses of both teams. The Cowboys biggest victory was the field position battle because their average starting point was at least 30 yards better then the Skins. Both teams were going 3 and Out a majority of the time, and then the Cowboys got the flea flicker, and the Skins ended up getting their long bombs, and suddenly it gives the illusion that the game was an entire different game, but in reality it was a tale of two teams dominating defenses.

I dont think they dominated...and Bledsoe is due for another bad game...hes a choke artist...look at the interceptions hes thrown in clutch situations...were winnin this one!!!! Fed-ex field is gonna be bananas!!!!!!!!

:dallasuck

after his previous 300 yard games this season, he has followed up with a subpar game & team loss

lets hope the trend continues :fingersx:

You know the Broncos dominated the Redskins in Super Bowl XXII for all but 15 minutes.

I don't see how anyone can discount the flea-flicker OR those bombs. If anything the bombs have more relevance because the Cowboys knew they were coming and still couldn't stop them.

I know, I know, 13-0, however if you look at the game up to that point as a whole, NEITHER team looked strong on offense. Dallas pulled the flea-flicker out of their a$$, which was a nice play, but in no way shape or form was Dallas marching up and down the field all game on us.

Even if the game would have ended with Dallas winning 13-0, if you look at the game statistically, I don't believe either team was that far off from each other.

Great post but, let the delusional cowboy fans tell it they will swear they were marching up and down the field all day they had over 500 yds of offense again Cowboy fans making their team seem greater then they actually are like I have said I will continue to say they are highly overrated . If you look at the way they have won and lost games and the way we won and loss games. Throwing out the Giants game of course, it's almost identical. That is why I can't understand why they think they are world beaters .

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

dude that is the weakest spin attempt ever, seriously, not even you believe that load of crap :laugh:

Bubba seriously man... even the most hardcore skins fans that I know use terms like we "escaped" or "stole" that one or the skins were "fortunate" after trailing 13-0 for 56 minutes. So I guess you guys actually dominated the entire game as well as the last 4 minutes as well right... :rolleyes: whatever you say.. you are the king excuse maker/spin doctor/cheerleader/ref complainer/conspiracy theorist/ blindsighted homer for this here board so what else can I expect? :laugh: :laugh: This is your world man... If we win on Sunday, just like death and taxes... you can rest assured that Bubba will have a boatload of excuses lined up! Pure entertainment! Keep it up! :laugh: :D

The Cowboys got 10 points on 2 long passes to Terry Glenn (flea flicker TD and a 43 yard pass to put them in field goal range).

We got 14 points on 2 long passes to Santana Moss.

The only difference is Dallas also got 3 points on an interception that started their drive in field goal range. That and Glenn didn't take the 2nd pass to the house like Moss did.

Archived