Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Dallas Dominated the 1st Game" Why is this myth still being told,

NoCalMike

I know, I know, 13-0, however if you look at the game up to that point as a whole, NEITHER team looked strong on offense. Dallas pulled the flea-flicker out of their a$$, which was a nice play, but in no way shape or form was Dallas marching up and down the field all game on us.

Even if the game would have ended with Dallas winning 13-0, if you look at the game statistically, I don't believe either team was that far off from each other.

if you look at the game statistically,

That's the first mistake. Did anybody here watch the game?? Dallas shut our offense down for 56 minutes. Out of desperation, we finally tested them deep and came out on top.

Don't know whether we can go deep on them again in this game or not.

#1. Don't know if Brunell is too dinged up to even throw farther than 20 yds

#2. No #2 WR. Doesn't look like Jacobs is ever going to show up.

#3. Our defense is almost decimated due to injury.

I have no optimism for this game given the above factors. Arizona took us to the wall last week. Freakin' Arizona!!!

What do you think a healthier Dallas club will do??

PS: I hope like hell my gut feeling is wrong about this game.

That's the first mistake. Did anybody here watch the game?? Dallas shut our offense down for 56 minutes. Out of desperation, we finally tested them deep and came out on top.

Don't know whether we can go deep on them again in this game or not.

#1. Don't know if Brunell is too dinged up to even throw farther than 20 yds

#2. No #2 WR. Doesn't look like Jacobs is ever going to show up.

#3. Our defense is almost decimated due to injury.

I have no optimism for this game given the above factors. Arizona took us to the wall last week. Freakin' Arizona!!!

What do you think a healthier Dallas club will do??

PS: I hope like hell my gut feeling is wrong about this game.

I do too- but I think your guts are more realistic than 99% of this board- excellent post

"Trick" plays are designed to do just that.... deceive the opponent and it worked perfectly. Dallas did absolutely dominate the first game due to the fact that the skins never entered the redzone (although you didn't end up needing to) and only crossed the fifty a couple of times. I fault Parcells for playing very conservative when Dallas had chances to get in the endzone but settled for three. We also missed an easy field goal on the first drive of the game. The Moss TD on 4th and 15 sucked the life out of Texas Stadium and you had all the mo.. after that.. but the first 55 minutes you had nothing.

I do too- but I think your guts are more realistic than 99% of this board- excellent post

I hope the team has more confidence than you guys do.

The Cowboys are a good team. And a bad team. And so are we. They're hardly fearsome, and they're hardly a juggernaut. We are more than capable of playing them tight and beating them again.

I don't know if we will or not. But I'll be there cheering my *** off. And I'm not going in expecting us to lose.

I know, I know, 13-0, however if you look at the game up to that point as a whole, NEITHER team looked strong on offense. Dallas pulled the flea-flicker out of their a$$, which was a nice play, but in no way shape or form was Dallas marching up and down the field all game on us.

Even if the game would have ended with Dallas winning 13-0, if you look at the game statistically, I don't believe either team was that far off from each other.

If their not pulling flea flickers out of their ass then it's yellow hankies..sometimes both!!!

Well, it is fairly true that Dallas dominated us for 55 minutes. They were leading 13-0 only because of Our D's redzone defense and Cortez's missed FG.

I hate those "take-that-big-play-way-and-they-would-be-..." talks. Big plays are parts of games and mnay TDs are those long-bombs. Heck, without Moss's two big plays, we would have been shut out.

they dominated in punting/field position

that's it

:applause: yeah, it was a defensive struggle the whole way, with the only touchdowns of the game scored on a Cowboys flea flicker and two Redskins deep balls. I expect this game to go the same way, except Portis is going to wear them down.

Doesn't anyone remember that Brunell had not played much with the 1st team going into the Dallas game. It was the 2nd game, his first week of real practice with the first teamers. He improved each week, and has struggled lately, but there have also been injuries to the #2 and #3 receivers. I know we're all blinded by our Skins glasses, but look at other teams that have serious injuries.. the Pats for instance can only seem be beat on AFC East teams.. they've had some issues, and got spanked a couple games because of it.

If you bring in new receivers, you'll also be more bland with the play calling if the coach is conservative. I have faith in the Skins, the last play of the Arizona game(well besides the kneel downs).. when the line pushed, don't forget.. these guys are getting into a groove. I think the running game will be improved from game 2. One thing I'm hoping is that the new receivers have been in practice and games enough to make a difference...

I have faith in the team, realistic or not. The Cowboys have beaten Skins teams that were superior in talent(due to injuries this time) many times.. its time the Skins returned the favor. Remember, the Skins are at home, fighting, and I think the Arizona game was one of those weird ones.. like Fresno St. vs. USC.. look at those two teams now.

Momentum... the Skins are on a two game winning streak and heading home wanting to prove a). They're worthy of the playoffs B). Fedex is a place no team wants to visit c). That a rivalry does exist... time to stick a fork in them Boys!

I have no idea what is going to happen on Sunday. We looked like a big ole pile of cow manure in Week 2, and ended up winning. Amazing. It seems like the O has regressed a bit, and that could also mean the defenses are figuring us out. Who knows. Whoever adjusts the best wins this game.

But I do know this. This coaching staff hates Gay America's team as much as I do, and they want this game really, REALLY bad. And not just because it is a huge game in December (which is what a lot of you naysayers forget...when is the last time we had a big game in December? Relish it and enjoy it. Quit peeing on my parade, dammit) but because it is DALLAS, and they hate them. I love it.

See you all Sunday. I guess we'll all see what happens together. If something bad happens, I'll be out next Sunday screaming my juevos off for us to kill the Giants.

Cowboys Drive Chart of "domination" :rolleyes:

15:00 6:05 DAL 30 12 47 Missed FG

04:25 3:37 DAL 14 5 20 Punt

15:00 3:40 WAS 31 7 16 Field Goal

09:31 2:22 DAL 35 3 9 Punt

02:42 0:58 DAL 37 3 7 Punt

00:06 0:06 WAS 36 2 5 End of Half

13:26 0:35 DAL 40 1 60 Touchdown

11:24 2:25 DAL 33 5 20 Punt

05:11 3:34 DAL 19 6 19 Punt

12:25 6:27 DAL 24 9 53 Field Goal

03:46 0:54 DAL 31 5 18 Punt

02:35 0:48 WAS 48 4 9 Downs

00:36 0:36 DAL 21 6 36 End of Game

I am not making an excuse for the flea-flicker, it is a perfectly acceptable play, but what I am saying, it that besides the flea-flicker, and our two long bombs to Moss, it was a 6-0 game, played out by two strong defenses.

Dallas owned field position, which gave the illusion that they were always on longer drives, but it just isn't true. If you judge how far their offense was driving based on their starting position, their offense didn't really do much besides 3-4 plays in the entire game either.

I'm also a little tired of the two TD passes being referred to as " flukes ". It looked like two very good routes and two perfectly thrown balls to me. If it were 2 hail marys then I would say it was a fluke. But those 2 plays were not hail marys. They were designed routes, and executed perfectly. When the colts do it, its "beautiful". I guess when the skins do it, it's a "Fluke".

Flea Flickers and penalties pretty much sums up the Dallas Cowboys.. :rolleyes: brilliant! :doh: :(

I'm with you dude. The Boys dominated.... but then they blew it and I found myself in heaven. Last game has nothing to do with this game. THIS time we will dominate and win it without all the excitement :)

But you're definitely right. Y'all lost the same way we lost to the Broncos.

I'm also a little tired of the two TD passes being referred to as " flukes ". It looked like two very good routes and two perfectly thrown balls to me. If it were 2 hail marys then I would say it was a fluke. But those 2 plays were not hail marys. They were designed routes, and executed perfectly. When the colts do it, its "beautiful". I guess when the skins do it, it's a "Fluke".

no more fluke than Dallas's long bomb, except no tricks needed, just lined up and flung it downfield twice for TD's

Thats right. It was even all night until....well, we all know what happened.:D

You don't dominate a game where you only score 13 points. You completely ignored that our defense held their "dominating" offense to those 13 points for 60 minutes!

And their trick play was just as desperate as our deep passes because they weren't going to get anything otherwise.

Well, it is fairly true that Dallas dominated us for 55 minutes. They were leading 13-0 only because of Our D's redzone defense and Cortez's missed FG.

I hate those "take-that-big-play-way-and-they-would-be-..." talks. Big plays are parts of games and mnay TDs are those long-bombs. Heck, without Moss's two big plays, we would have been shut out.

I don't think "dominated" is the right word to use. It seemed frustrating, because scores on both sides of the ball were very slow coming. It was a very defensive ball game the first time. I think the big difference in the first game was turnovers. Brunell threw one, and Betts lost one. Cowboys commited zero turnovers. That was the main difference, heading into the last five minutes.

We need to play our A game, and we need to hold onto the ball.

And the crowd really needs to get into this one. We need to be louder than we've ever been, since JKC broke ground. This game ranks up there with any game that's been played in that stadium. We need to get into it this time.

Archived