Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Dallas Dominated the 1st Game" Why is this myth still being told,

NoCalMike

And THIS is why seeing the supposed "realistic" posts concern me. I hope none of you who have this "realism" will go home or get quiet when the chips are down. I hope all of you will remember that we CAN WIN. That we DID WIN. That we CAME BACK from a 13-0 deficit and broke the Parcells streak.

Don't give up hope. A lot of us, at our core, understand that there are question marks, but there are almost always going to be question marks in today's NFL. *WE ARE CAPABLE OF BEATING THE COWBOYS THIS SUNDAY*

Yes. I think a lot of the pessimism and nervousness is because of the way we've been manhandled the past decade and more. Even last year, we were swept. And even the oldtimers know that Gibbs' record vs Parcells is not very good. This probably troubles me more than anything. Parcells always plays his best game against Gibbs. And it sucks to get into the game and lose. It's no fun.

Here's an analogy: The people who avoid romantic relationships because they're afraid of heartbreak. The pain is so bad, they'd rather just skip the whole thing.

But we know Gibbs wins. He wins. He wins at everything.

And this is the NFL. This is exactly what we've been waiting all these years for. A big game in mid-December with the playoffs on the line, against our hated rivals, at home, and favored. What more could you ask?

Embrace the team. Show up Sunday. Yell. And Christmas will come early.

Archived