Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Guess It's Final (Jacobs Thread)

I guess it's final that Taylor Jacobs is not a NFL WR. If you would of told me he was playing yesterday I would look at you in shock. They guy is practically non-existent in our offense. I think it's safe to say we can label him a "Bust" and move on. No more hopes and dreams for this guy to be more than he is. He's just a 4th or 5th string WR. The Mike Doss pick sounds pretty good right about now. :rolleyes:

I don't think Brunell isn't going to throw to someone because he doesn't like him or whatever. It's obvious that Jacobs isn't doing what he supposed to on all passing plays designed for him. Because if he was we'd see more from him that we've seen the past 3 weeks. I'm very disappointed in his development. But we know the cardinal rule. Never draft a WR from Florida... All products of the system.

Please spare me his stats in college. What has he done at the pro-level? He can't even break into a WR rotation says enough for me.

You can't really tell if a WR sucks or if a QB is ignoring him just by watching TV. The game should be reviewed to see if he actually does get open or not.

But why would a QB ignore a guy who's on his team if it will help the team win a ballgame? Last time I checked if someone is open you throw him the ball to try and win the ballgame not to play favorites. It's obvious that Jacobs is either A running inconsistent routes or he just flat out isn't getting open. Plus why would he ignored him when he's came out on TV shows and radio saying the he's the best WR we have in practice?

The use to call guys like this in pro baseball 4:00 hitters. They look like Ted Williams at 4pm but when the game starts at 7pm they're 0 for 4 with 2 K's.

Whether its Jacobs, Farris, Brown, etc., someone needs to step up and make some plays because there is going to come a point in time when we may need to consistently throw the football to win a game.

That time may come this sunday. When do we EVER run effectively aganist Dallas? We're going to need to make plays through the passing game, and with Moss being double covered, the other recievers have to make plays. I say give Antonio Brown more plays at reciever. Why not? What has Jacobs done that he hasn't??

People in the stadium are seeing Jacobs run free, but Brunell isn't throwing him the ball. Obviously, Jacobs isn't where Brunell wants him to be or where he's supposed to be, and Jacobs is running either bad or wrong routes. Regardless, even Patten produced more than this. So I don't buy the argument that Brunell only looks for Moss, he's experienced enough to know that isn't enough to get our passing game going.

Let's just say all the Jacobs supporters out there were blasting Patten for his display on the field while Patten was saying that Brunell never looked at him. Well, bottom line, Patten was a lot more productive in the number 2 role than Jacobs has been. No more Jacobs is gonna be good threads, please.

I agree, here is his big chance and he's barely showing up in the stat sheet. :rolleyes:

I think now we are seeing why someone like James Thrash who isn't a slot receiver was getting more PT. I don't think i've been more disappointed in a player in my life. Just because of all that ability it drives you nuts.

But I gurantee you if we release him this offseason he'll be a solid contributer somewhere else. It always happens.

That's what it is TJ is WIDE OPEN and the veteran QB of a NFL team has missed him EVERY single play. Face the facts guys David Patten had a bigger impact on game days then TJ, and Patten's injury as limited the offense. TJ has had four weeks getting the snaps as a starting WR and he just hasn't produced it's nobodies fault but TJ's. Hopefully the coaching staff will think of something to get him open, or take the blinders of MB.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

In his starts, Taylor has caught 6 passes for 50 yards, with an 8.3 avg. and no touchdowns.

The most disturbing part about his lack of production is the lack of quality pass defenses we have faced during his stretch as a starter: San Diego (27th), St. Louis. (28th) and Arizona (17th).

The guy is failing to produce against secondaries that are giving up their share of plays this season. Not a good sign.

Gibbs won a Superbowl on the back of the Smurfs for gosh sake. If ANYONE can get production out of a WR, its Gibbs. If we release/trade a WR, chances are good that he isnt going to light up the league anywhere else.

Just ask Rod Gardner & Lav Coles.

On Sundays watch other teams games besides just the Skins game. Its obvious that our passing game is completely lame, and it starts with the Quarterback. What Jacobs is, isn't, or should be is hard to say. What is obvious is that other teams' 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string WRs make much more of an impact on the game than ours do, and it all has to do with the playcalling and with how the ball is thrown. What I do know is that something is broken, and bringing back Thrash and Patton isn't going to fix it.

In his starts, Taylor has caught 6 passes for 50 yards, with an 8.3 avg. and no touchdowns.

The most disturbing part about his lack of production is the lack of quality pass defenses we have faced during his stretch as a starter: San Diego (27th), St. Louis. (28th) and Arizona (17th).

The guy is failing to produce against secondaries that are giving up their share of plays this season. Not a good sign.

Now we have 3 rivalry games with all the money on the table, not good. I guess we will be seeing a lot more one WR sets, did everybody else notice TJ basically is off the field until third down, he's lost his job to no one.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Archived