Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Only one team matters at this point, folks...

KDawg

Reading these forums, I see alot of pessimistic and optimistic threads regarding the team. People pointing out that if we win out and x team and y team defeat team a and team b then we'll make the playoffs. Others stating that we can't win four games in a row, no way, no how. Either point of view is acceptable, and no matter what side of the fence you sit on you should be able to understand either side.

However, there is one thing that I would like to point out. It's not about how Dallas does, it's not about how New York does or how Atlanta or Tampa Bay or Carolina does. What it's about is how we do. If we don't win out, everything else means nothing. The only thing that we, even as fans, should be worried about is this team winning the remaining four football games. And regardless of records, these last four games are going to give us problems.

Beginning at Arizona today, we have a tough road ahead of us. Arizona, a team that used to be a divisional game twice a year, has always given us fits, even when they haven't been very good. It starts today with this game. If we win, we move on.

Then we play the dreaded Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field. The Cowboys have been a thorn in our sides for way too long but we one upped them earlier this season. They have been a tough team to play this season, and depending on a few factors, they may also be fighting for their playoff lives in this one. If we win, we move on.

Then the Giants come to FedEx. 36-0. We all know about that game, and all of us want to forget that one. This time, regardless of the situations both teams are in, the score won't be that far divided. This is one that is not going to be for the faint of heart as once again we'll be fighting for our playoff lives. If we win, we move on.

Philly. Divisional game. The Eagles want to play spoiler. This makes me nervous...

Now, if we win, we STILL may not move on. We could win out and not make the playoffs. That would be disappointing for certain. But, we CAN'T make the playoffs unless we win out. That's our concern at this point, everything else needs to fall into place on it's own. This team needs to worry about itself and nothing else. We can't be worrying about Minnesota or the other wild card teams.

I hope the playoffs are in our cards, but let's put things in perspective here... If we win ONE more game, we've had our best record since Marty. Realistically, I believe we get there, and even better. I see 9-7 or 10-6 as real possibilities.

But, if we get to 10-6 and we don't make the playoffs, don't hang your heads. Keep them up. A 10-6 record is the best record that we would have had since 1999, which would tie for best record since 1991. Don't stop believing regardless of what happens, people.

Let's go 'Skins!

It's not about Dallas? Damn. ;)

Good read. Every game is a big one for this team. And agreed with Blondie. Like the man said.

don't know what to say really.

Three minutes

to the biggest battle of our professional lives

all comes down to today.

Either

we heal

as a team

or we are going to crumble.

Inch by inch

play by play

till we're finished.

We are in hell right now, gentlemen

believe me

and

we can stay here

and get the **** kicked out of us

or

we can fight our way

back into the light.

We can climb out of hell.

One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.

I'm too old.

I look around and I see these young faces

and I think

I mean

I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.

I uh....

I pissed away all my money

believe it or not.

I chased off

anyone who has ever loved me.

And lately,

I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life

things get taken from you.

That's, that's part of life.

But,

you only learn that when you start losing stuff.

You find out that life is just a game of inches.

So is football.

Because in either game

life or football

the margin for error is so small.

I mean

one half step too late or to early

you don't quite make it.

One half second too slow or too fast

and you don't quite catch it.

The inches we need are everywhere around us.

They are in ever break of the game

every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch

On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us

to pieces for that inch.

We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.

Cause we know

when we add up all those inches

that's going to make the ****ing difference

between WINNING and LOSING

between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this

in any fight

it is the guy who is willing to die

who is going to win that inch.

And I know

if I am going to have any life anymore

it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch

because that is what LIVING is.

The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.

You gotta look at the guy next to you.

Look into his eyes.

Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.

You are going to see a guy

who will sacrifice himself for this team

because he knows when it comes down to it,

you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen

and either we heal now, as a team,

or we will die as individuals.

That's football guys.

That's all it is.

Now, whattaya gonna do?

Reading these forums, I see alot of pessimistic and optimistic threads regarding the team. People pointing out that if we win out and x team and y team defeat team a and team b then we'll make the playoffs. Others stating that we can't win four games in a row, no way, no how. Either point of view is acceptable, and no matter what side of the fence you sit on you should be able to understand either side.

However, there is one thing that I would like to point out. It's not about how Dallas does, it's not about how New York does or how Atlanta or Tampa Bay or Carolina does. What it's about is how we do. If we don't win out, everything else means nothing. The only thing that we, even as fans, should be worried about is this team winning the remaining four football games. And regardless of records, these last four games are going to give us problems.

Beginning at Arizona today, we have a tough road ahead of us. Arizona, a team that used to be a divisional game twice a year, has always given us fits, even when they haven't been very good. It starts today with this game. If we win, we move on.

Then we play the dreaded Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field. The Cowboys have been a thorn in our sides for way too long but we one upped them earlier this season. They have been a tough team to play this season, and depending on a few factors, they may also be fighting for their playoff lives in this one. If we win, we move on.

Then the Giants come to FedEx. 36-0. We all know about that game, and all of us want to forget that one. This time, regardless of the situations both teams are in, the score won't be that far divided. This is one that is not going to be for the faint of heart as once again we'll be fighting for our playoff lives. If we win, we move on.

Philly. Divisional game. The Eagles want to play spoiler. This makes me nervous...

Now, if we win, we STILL may not move on. We could win out and not make the playoffs. That would be disappointing for certain. But, we CAN'T make the playoffs unless we win out. That's our concern at this point, everything else needs to fall into place on it's own. This team needs to worry about itself and nothing else. We can't be worrying about Minnesota or the other wild card teams.

I hope the playoffs are in our cards, but let's put things in perspective here... If we win ONE more game, we've had our best record since Marty. Realistically, I believe we get there, and even better. I see 9-7 or 10-6 as real possibilities.

But, if we get to 10-6 and we don't make the playoffs, don't hang your heads. Keep them up. A 10-6 record is the best record that we would have had since 1999, which would tie for best record since 1991. Don't stop believing regardless of what happens, people.

Let's go 'Skins!

Well put. This team has to play one game at a time, and play Redskin ball. That's the key. Play smash-mouth football and make them beat us at our game.

Regardless, I'd be proud of this team if they go 8-8. It would be a solid statement of improvement. None-the-less, I think this team has already proven that they are better than a .500 ball-club. Although the record doesn't support that to this point. With the exception of the Giants game, all of the losses were heartbreakingly close.

It's not about Dallas? Damn. ;)

Good read. Every game is a big one for this team. Like the man said.

don't know what to say really.

Three minutes

to the biggest battle of our professional lives

all comes down to today.

Either

we heal

as a team

or we are going to crumble.

Inch by inch

play by play

till we're finished.

We are in hell right now, gentlemen

believe me

and

we can stay here

and get the **** kicked out of us

or

we can fight our way

back into the light.

We can climb out of hell.

One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.

I'm too old.

I look around and I see these young faces

and I think

I mean

I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.

I uh....

I pissed away all my money

believe it or not.

I chased off

anyone who has ever loved me.

And lately,

I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life

things get taken from you.

That's, that's part of life.

But,

you only learn that when you start losing stuff.

You find out that life is just a game of inches.

So is football.

Because in either game

life or football

the margin for error is so small.

I mean

one half step too late or to early

you don't quite make it.

One half second too slow or too fast

and you don't quite catch it.

The inches we need are everywhere around us.

They are in ever break of the game

every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch

On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us

to pieces for that inch.

We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.

Cause we know

when we add up all those inches

that's going to make the ****ing difference

between WINNING and LOSING

between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this

in any fight

it is the guy who is willing to die

who is going to win that inch.

And I know

if I am going to have any life anymore

it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch

because that is what LIVING is.

The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.

You gotta look at the guy next to you.

Look into his eyes.

Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.

You are going to see a guy

who will sacrifice himself for this team

because he knows when it comes down to it,

you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen

and either we heal now, as a team,

or we will die as individuals.

That's football guys.

That's all it is.

Now, whattaya gonna do?

You HAD to post the speech. Nothing gets me more pumped than "THE Speech".

Interesting insight, puts things into very accurate perspective. Hell at the start of the season i was hoping for nothing more than an improvement on 6-10, if we win today im happy. We've really made strides this year already imo, with the exception of the shut out by the G-men i think weve played some very good football on the whole. We've made some bonehead mistakes admittedly but what team doesnt. Even Indy make mistakes.

One game at a time, today is our day!

No.

We need to win, yes. But all those other teams DO matter.

Also, note to all fans:

The one game at a time thing....that applies to THE PLAYERS!!

We can look as far down the schedule that we want to. WE are not playing, therefore can't overlook an opponent. I am getting so sick of people quoting Gibbs about "one game at a time." It is crucial THE PLAYERS take it one game at a time, but NOT US!!!

:rant:

No.

We need to win, yes. But all those other teams DO matter.

Also, note to all fans:

The one game at a time thing....that applies to THE PLAYERS!!

We can look as far down the schedule that we want to. WE are not playing, therefore can't overlook an opponent. I am getting so sick of people quoting Gibbs about "one game at a time." It is crucial THE PLAYERS take it one game at a time, but NOT US!!!

:rant:

Incorrect. Those teams do not matter in the least at this point. If we don't win four out of four, it doesn't matter what they do.

Once we win four out of four, they matter. But it's one game at a time. And I don't understand how you can't understand what everyone is saying by "One game at a time". We're saying it for the players, not us. This is a forum to speak about the team, not necessarily the fans. Relax.

Incorrect. Those teams do not matter in the least at this point. If we don't win four out of four, it doesn't matter what they do.

Once we win four out of four, they matter. But it's one game at a time. And I don't understand how you can't understand what everyone is saying by "One game at a time". We're saying it for the players, not us. This is a forum to speak about the team, not necessarily the fans. Relax.

That's (kinda) incorrect, too...since the other teams won't wait until the Skins have finished their last four games before playing, as fans we HAVE to consider other teams' outcomes right along with the Skins. Not to mention that the Skins could go 3-1 down the stretch and still make the playoffs, depending upon what OTHER TEAMS do from one week to the next....so yes, it does indeed matter what "they" do.

And no, the "One game at a time" is not being said for the team...it's being said to pretty much any fan who dares think about the Cowboys or the Giants or who comes up with scenarios under which the Skins can make the playoffs, either as wildcard or as division leaders. That's when the "One game at a time" mantra gets brought out, almost as if fans need to be reminded of this. How that's "for the players", I dunno...

That's (kinda) incorrect, too...since the other teams won't wait until the Skins have finished their last four games before playing, as fans we HAVE to consider other teams' outcomes right along with the Skins. Not to mention that the Skins could go 3-1 down the stretch and still make the playoffs, depending upon what OTHER TEAMS do from one week to the next....so yes, it does indeed matter what "they" do.

And no, the "One game at a time" is not being said for the team...it's being said to pretty much any fan who dares think about the Cowboys or the Giants or who comes up with scenarios under which the Skins can make the playoffs, either as wildcard or as division leaders. That's when the "One game at a time" mantra gets brought out, almost as if fans need to be reminded of this. How that's "for the players", I dunno...

I think there are posters here who purposely miss the point to stir the pot. The other teams do matter. Yes. We know that. But if we don't win out, they really don't. Can we make the playoffs at 9-7? Maybe. Do I think we will? No. 4-0. That's my point. If we don't get there, we don't make the playoffs anyways. The other teams have no bearing on our going 4-0.

So what harm does it do if you or I look past the Cards and start thinking about Dallas? Will the team overlook the Cards because we did? No. My point is, the fans don't have to take this schedule one game at a time. The players can not get caught up in looking down the schedule, but we can. We do not effect the outcome of the game, the players do.

The "one game at a time" cleche is just getting old.

It is VERY important for the players to take it one game at a time. But when another fan says something here about another game, it is inevidable another fan will say "one game at a time."

Just tired of it.

I think there are posters here who purposely miss the point to stir the pot. The other teams do matter. Yes. We know that. But if we don't win out, they really don't. Can we make the playoffs at 9-7? Maybe. Do I think we will? No. 4-0. That's my point. If we don't get there, we don't make the playoffs anyways. The other teams have no bearing on our going 4-0.

:obvious:

You contradict yourself. My point is yeah, we need to win. But those teams do matter. You just told me I was wrong two minutes ago. Then you write anothr thread saying my point.

Yeah, we need to win. Ofcourse. But the other teams do matter.

:obvious:

You contradict yourself. My point is yeah, we need to win. But those teams do matter. You just told me I was wrong two minutes ago. Then you write anothr thread saying my point.

Yeah, we need to win. Ofcourse. But the other teams do matter.

This is why I don't like posting here any more. People who purposely misread/don't pay any attention before typing.

You were wrong. Period. It's about THIS TEAM. I could care less about the other teams. If we don't go 4-0, those teams flat out DON'T matter. I don't know how I can make that point any clearer. They have zero, nothing, nada to do with us going 4-0 unless we're playing them. That's it. That's my point. Maybe it's too complex, or maybe I'm wording it wrong.

Us going 10-6 has ZERO to do with those other playoff teams. Us making the playoffs does.

What I'm saying is we need to be 10-6 if we even want to THINK playoffs. Am I making it clearer for anyone?

So what harm does it do if you or I look past the Cards and start thinking about Dallas? Will the team overlook the Cards because we did? No. My point is, the fans don't have to take this schedule one game at a time. The players can not get caught up in looking down the schedule, but we can. We do not effect the outcome of the game, the players do.

The "one game at a time" cleche is just getting old.

It is VERY important for the players to take it one game at a time. But when another fan says something here about another game, it is inevidable another fan will say "one game at a time."

Just tired of it.

Um, I was agreeing with you...lol :laugh: :)

This is why I don't like posting here any more. People who purposely misread/don't pay any attention before typing.

You were wrong. Period. It's about THIS TEAM. I could care less about the other teams. If we don't go 4-0, those teams flat out DON'T matter. I don't know how I can make that point any clearer. They have zero, nothing, nada to do with us going 4-0 unless we're playing them. That's it. That's my point. Maybe it's too complex, or maybe I'm wording it wrong.

Us going 10-6 has ZERO to do with those other playoff teams. Us making the playoffs does.

What I'm saying is we need to be 10-6 if we even want to THINK playoffs. Am I making it clearer for anyone?

Bingo. Run the table and let the cards fall as they may

Even if we do not make the playoffs, winning the last 5 games of the season would be a HUGE momentum boost for next year

And don't count us out in any, these are all games the Redskins CAN and SHOULD take

The 2 toughest being at home is key

You are a genious.

If we go 4-0 from here on out, are we guaranteed to get in the playoffs?

No, we are not. We will still need help. I thought everyone here understood that we need to win out. I thought that went without saying. Apparently not... :doh:

My point is, we will need help. Yeah, we need to win out. We will still likely need help.

And just because people don't agree with you, it does not mean people are intentionally misreading or arguing with you, or whatever you said. It is possible either you are wrong, or someone just sees it a different way than you.

I think there are posters here who purposely miss the point to stir the pot. The other teams do matter. Yes. We know that. But if we don't win out, they really don't.

Huh??...They do matter, but they don't...you make it sound like the other teams only matter if the Skins end up 10-6. That would be false...not to mention that the BIGGEST "other team" to look at concerning the Skins winning out is the Giants. The Skins entire season and postseason possibilities can be tied to both them winning out, AND the Giants losing one of their other remaining three games. The Skins have a HUGE benefit from how the Giants do, especially if the Giants lose a game before they come to FedEx to play the Skins.

Can we make the playoffs at 9-7? Maybe. Do I think we will? No. 4-0. That's my point. If we don't get there, we don't make the playoffs anyways. The other teams have no bearing on our going 4-0.

Again, huh??...lol...Can we make the playoffs at 9-7? "Maybe", you say...meaning, the Skins can indeed make the playoffs at 9-7. Then you say "If we don't (go 10-6), we don't make the playoffs anyways." Which is it??...lol

Bottom line, there are SOOO many scenarios that favor the Skins that you can't fault some fans for thinking of them and even *gasp* talking about them...

You are a genious.

If we go 4-0 from here on out, are we guaranteed to get in the playoffs?

No, we are not. We will still need help. I thought everyone here understood that we need to win out. I thought that went without saying. Apparently not... :doh:

My point is, we will need help. Yeah, we need to win out. We will still likely need help.

And just because people don't agree with you, it does not mean people are intentionally misreading or arguing with you, or whatever you said. It is possible either you are wrong, or someone just sees it a different way than you.

As I said. Reading is key.

By the way, if you're going to try for sarcasm by calling me a "genious" please at least spell the word correctly.

And actually, if we win out, according to Boomer Esiason, we ARE in the playoffs. I just now found that out myself when I saw it on CBS. So that part of my earlier post was misinformed, as I said we may not make the playoffs even if we do go 10-6. I now know that to be wrong.

Huh??...They do matter, but they don't...you make it sound like the other teams only matter if the Skins end up 10-6. That would be false...not to mention that the BIGGEST "other team" to look at concerning the Skins winning out is the Giants. The Skins entire season and postseason possibilities can be tied to both them winning out, AND the Giants losing one of their other remaining three games. The Skins have a HUGE benefit from how the Giants do, especially if the Giants lose a game before they come to FedEx to play the Skins.

Again, huh??...lol...Can we make the playoffs at 9-7? "Maybe", you say...meaning, the Skins can indeed make the playoffs at 9-7. Then you say "If we don't (go 10-6), we don't make the playoffs anyways." Which is it??...lol

Bottom line, there are SOOO many scenarios that favor the Skins that you can't fault some fans for thinking of them and even *gasp* talking about them...

This is getting annoying. We CAN make the playoffs at 9-7 in others eyes, I'm agreeing that I can see that point. Then I CLEARLY go on to state that I don't think we make it at 9-7. The key being MY OPINION. How is that confusing you? Really.

Archived