Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Only one team matters at this point, folks...

KDawg

There is still a pretty good chance that a 9-7 team could get the final wildcard spot. In fact, if I didn't think the Skins would run the table, that is what I would predict the record of the last wildcard team would be. I just don't see any of those 7-5 teams going 3-1 in their last 4 games.

You don't have to worry about the Skins looking past any team at this point. They have already made it clear that every game is playoff game to them from now on.

As far as the Skins going 10-6 and missing the playoffs, technically it's possible, but realistically it's not.

Like they say..."paloffs is now"

This is getting annoying. We CAN make the playoffs at 9-7 in others eyes, I'm agreeing that I can see that point. Then I CLEARLY go on to state that I don't think we make it at 9-7. The key being MY OPINION. How is that confusing you? Really.

No, we CAN make the playoffs at 9-7, regardless of whether you or I think it will happen...it's called mathematics, and it's as unbiased as they come. I won't put down any Skins fan who allows themselves to imagine that scenario now...and that's the only real difference between you and I.

There is still a pretty good chance that a 9-7 team could get the final wildcard spot. In fact, if I didn't think the Skins would run the table, that is what I would predict the record of the last wildcard team would be. I just don't see any of those 7-5 teams going 3-1 in their last 4 games.

You don't have to worry about the Skins looking past any team at this point. They have already made it clear that every game is playoff game to them from now on.

As far as the Skins going 10-6 and missing the playoffs, technically it's possible, but realistically it's not.

Like they say..."paloffs is now"

Paloffs...lol :laugh:

As I said. Reading is key.

By the way, if you're going to try for sarcasm by calling me a "genious" please at least spell the word correctly.

And actually, if we win out, according to Boomer Esiason, we ARE in the playoffs. I just now found that out myself when I saw it on CBS. So that part of my earlier post was misinformed, as I said we may not make the playoffs even if we do go 10-6. I now know that to be wrong.

I would have to see that scenerio. That would be great. That would mean we control our own destiny, and then yes, it would only matter what the Redskins do.

I have not seen that, nor have I heard it, though I trust that you did.

Based on what I have heard to this point, we are going to need help from other teams. We do need to win out.

If we automatically get in if we win out, great.

As I said. Reading is key.

By the way, if you're going to try for sarcasm by calling me a "genious" please at least spell the word correctly.

And actually, if we win out, according to Boomer Esiason, we ARE in the playoffs. I just now found that out myself when I saw it on CBS. So that part of my earlier post was misinformed, as I said we may not make the playoffs even if we do go 10-6. I now know that to be wrong.

Boomer was wrong...

I would have to see that scenerio. That would be great. That would mean we control our own destiny, and then yes, it would only matter what the Redskins do.

I have not seen that, nor have I heard it, though I trust that you did.

Based on what I have heard to this point, we are going to need help from other teams. We do need to win out.

If we automatically get in if we win out, great.

If the Giants go 3-1, and the Bucs go 3-1, and the Vikings go 4-0, the Skins won't be in the paloffs, even if they end up 10-6.

No, we CAN make the playoffs at 9-7, regardless of whether you or I think it will happen...it's called mathematics, and it's as unbiased as they come. I won't put down any Skins fan who allows themselves to imagine that scenario now...and that's the only real difference between you and I.

Wow. You continue to baffle me.

No kidding we can make the playoffs at 9-7. Do I have to break everything down word for word for you to understand?

Ok, here goes, stay with me here...

If we go 9-7, we can make the playoffs. Yes. It's possible. Yes, it's mathematics. I clearly see the point in saying that, and NOWHERE did I put down ANYONE for thinking that we could make the playoffs at 9-7. Nowhere.

Nor have I put down 'Skins fans for imagining any scenario. But valiant effort in that department in attempting to make me look like the bad guy.

Do I *THINK* we make the playoffs at 9-7? No. Too many teams have too easy a path to 9-7. I'm imagining a worst case scenario. I don't think we make the playoffs at 9-7.

EDIT:

This brings me full circle back to my point. We must go 10-6 in order to make the playoffs. If we don't get to 10-6, we don't make it. (Yes, part of that is opinion based on a worst case scenario.)

However, there is one thing that I would like to point out. It's not about how Dallas does, it's not about how New York does or how Atlanta or Tampa Bay or Carolina does. What it's about is how we do. If we don't win out, everything else means nothing. The only thing that we, even as fans, should be worried about is this team winning the remaining four football games. And regardless of records, these last four games are going to give us problems.

Let's go 'Skins!

Acutally it is about how Atlanta, Minnesota, and Dallass do. First we need to win. This is most important. The other 3 need to lose at least one game and only one game. As long as we win out and all 4 tie at 10-6 then we are in. Today I am pulling for the Rams, Chiefs, AND Saints on MNF.

Archived