Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Larry the Cable Guy-Owned.

Spaceman Spiff

Is it a coincidence that the board liberals come to praise the great works of another liberal? You guys are becoming a stereotype. Typical pompous response you can always expect from a liberal.

I found this rant particularly lameass. With that said, I personally think that David Cross is hella funnier than Larry the Cable Guy. David Cross is also hella less popular that Larry the Cable Guy, for whatever that is worth.

Is it a coincidence that the board liberals come to praise the great works of another liberal? You guys are becoming a stereotype. Typical pompous response you can always expect from a liberal.

I found this rant particularly lameass. With that said, I personally think that David Cross is hella funnier than Larry the Cable Guy. David Cross is also hella less popular that Larry the Cable Guy, for whatever that is worth.

Huh? i don't get - if i'm a liberal and i like Cross i'm 'hella' lame. But, if i'm conservative and like him its 'hella' cool? Okay, makes sense to me :rolleyes:

Huh? i don't get - if i'm a liberal and i like Cross i'm 'hella' lame. But, if i'm conservative and like him its 'hella' cool? Okay, makes sense to me :rolleyes:

It's evil to hate on the government or anything slanted to the right and are automatically a <insert cliched label>. :rolleyes:

I always find it interesting how much anger lurks right beneath the surface of many great comics. So much great comedy has an undercurrent of anger. Laughter born of rage? Seems contradictory, but it is so prevalent. Pryor, Carlin, Lenny Bruce, and many others. . .

I always find it interesting how much anger lurks right beneath the surface of many great comics. So much great comedy has an undercurrent of anger. Laughter born of rage? Seems contradictory, but it is so prevalent. Pryor, Carlin, Lenny Bruce, and many others. . .

Agreed, and nobody was angrier than the aforementioned Bill Hicks - whom many comedians point to as the greatest of all time.

Of course he was a liberal and so i'm i - so its 'hella' lame that i like him i guess :(

Denis Leary and Sam Kinison too. Pissed off people make for great comedy

You know, I do kinda think LTCG can be funny, sometimes. Usually those times are when I'm drunk. Regardless, David Cross had every right to do this and it is a brilliant move. Think about it. If LTCG does nothing, then a) he loses publicity, and B) he loses alot of face. So if he does come back at him, it's either going to be dumb as hell, in accord with his persona, or if it is halfway intelligent, he's going to be exposed as a fraud. Basically, Cross managed to rip him a new one and force him into a corner.

Cross comes (pardon the pun) across as a pompus a-hole.

I'm sure Mr Cross didn't mind taking the money of all those "******* stupid rednecks" he thought so low of while he was doing stand up acts in the south. It sounds like he was the kid who got his arse kicked on a reg basis in school from this rant.

Since he thinks he is so much better then the people he grew up around he should be a good liberal and throw some money into their re-education. He could even do some stand up acts in the south to raise funds! He could call it the "David Cross-You're a stupid F-ing Redneck, ignorant MFer Show!" I would pay top dollar just to watch the beatdown!

I'm sure Mr Cross didn't mind taking the money of all those "******* stupid rednecks" he thought so low of while he was doing stand up acts in the south. It sounds like he was the kid who got his arse kicked on a reg basis in school from this rant.

Since he thinks he is so much better then the people he grew up around he should be a good liberal and throw some money into their re-education. He could even do some stand up acts in the south to raise funds! He could call it the "David Cross-You're a stupid F-ing Redneck, ignorant MFer Show!" I would pay top dollar just to watch the beatdown!

Haha, I forgot the whole "liberals cannot be funny" thing. Besides, Larry is from Nebraska, since when have they managed to beat down ANYTHING? I would place my lot in with the leftist Jew ;).

If that is all that you got out of the piece, then you should re-read it Johnny, because that wasn't the gist of it at all.

If that is all that you got out of the piece, then you should re-read it Johnny, because that wasn't the gist of it at all.

exceptfor the last paragraph, which didn't have anything to do with the piece. I think what Johnny "got out of it" was pretty reasonable.

I don't really get the idea that someone get something out of the piece. Basically, David Cross puts Larry the Cable Guy through some verbal absuse. Not exactly enlightening reading.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Leary is a hack of epic proportions.

That's pretty funny, especially from someone with a Hicks quote as their sig (and i mean that literally, not sarcastically) Leary seemed to just rip off Bill. I've gone back and listened to 'No Cure for Cancer' and find it totally stale.

That's pretty funny, especially from someone with a Hicks quote as their sig (and i mean that literally, not sarcastically) Leary seemed to just rip off Bill. I've gone back and listened to 'No Cure for Cancer' and find it totally stale.

Exactly why I said that. Here's a quote from Hicks before he died about Leary.........."I have a scoop for you. I stole his act. I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did it before he did.". It was so blatantly obvious that he was ripping off entire bits from Hicks that Leary had to give writing credits to Hicks on the 'No Cure for Cancer' cd. The sad thing is that not only was he stealing jokes, he stole Hicks entire persona. Leary's entire routine was ripped from Hicks. The jokes, the stage presence, the random ranting tirades, rampant smoking, you name it.

Archived