Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell's Passer rating

akorn22

Mark Brunell is the 11th highest rated passer right now, with the rating of 87.8. But what I was surprised to find, was that Eli Manning rating is only 77.2 THat kinda sux. I got the impression that he is doing a lot better this season. Guess not. His rating is below Brian Griese's and right above Dilfer. He's also got 12 ints. Another thing that i was surprised to find is that eli's longest pass was for only 61 yards.

Passer Ratings in the NFL :

100+ = Excellent!!

90-100 = Very Good

85-90 = Above Average

75-85 = Average

-75 = Not good

Eli is a product of the media, that's all. If you complete less than 50% of your passes and the media calls you the next superstar, you should know something is very wrong. I'm not saying he won't get better, I for one, believe he will become very good someday. However, this season, Eli is an average QB, at BEST!

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I'd also like to mention that as I was looking up stats, i found that the Redskins have the most fumbles (15) out of any team in the league. Mark Brunell fumbled 9 of those 15 times this year

Get off his ****, every time it is mentioned you bring this up. Half of those fumbles wereO-line's fault and the one against the Oak didn't mean ****.

Get a clue pal.

Get off his ****, every time it is mentioned you bring this up. Half of those fumbles wereO-line's fault and the one against the Oak didn't mean ****.

Get a clue pal.

Why are you blaming the lineman?? Did the lineman have the ball in his hands?? Look, just because you are hit, doesn't give you the reason to drop the ball. You need to get a clue.

It is a valid post, and you need to accept the fact that Brunell fumbles too much. It has cost us at least 2-3 games this year.

If you are going to throw those type of stats out for everyone, you need to look at the whole picture.

I'd also like to mention that as I was looking up stats, i found that the Redskins have the most fumbles (15) out of any team in the league. Mark Brunell fumbled 9 of those 15 times this year

I'm not slamming you, but stats like this are open to an awful lot of qualifiers before an accurate picture of what the whole story they're telling becomes clear. That being said, Mark needs to learn a way protect the ball better than he does.

Get a clue pal.

Who pissed in your Cheerios today? I personally thing Brunell is awesome. One of the best QB's this year. But the bottom line is that those fumbles were his fault. He is just calling a Spade a Spade. Like it or not, it's the truth.

Brunell rules ! And our margin of error is the highest in the NFC East, live with that! You think I'm kidding ask Philly...and man Manning better not go down or they can join Philly. Oops forgot they have Hassleback, but Dallas now thats a different story. Dallas' QB whats his face ,oh Bleeding yeah thats him, but he better not go down or they will definetly be joing Philly. To hell with this week, I can't waite till next week! We're beating Dallas by 2 TDs!

Brunell is awesome! Eli is a bum! Eli has completed just over 50% of his passes, he has over twice the number of picks Brunell does. Just look at the game against the cowboys last week, wasn't his passer rating under 30, that's terrible.

With offensive threats like Burress, Shockey, Toomer and Barber, I could step in there and put up those numbers.:)

Brunell is awesome! Eli is a bum! Eli has completed just over 50% of his passes, he has over twice the number of picks Brunell does. Just look at the game against the cowboys last week, wasn't his passer rating under 30, that's terrible.

With offensive threats like Burress, Shockey, Toomer and Barber, I could step in there and put up those numbers.:)

:applause: :applause: :applause: !

Get a clue pal.

I have to ask...how is Brunell's inability to hold the ball correctly the O-Lines fault?

Yes, the god of fumbles. He reigns supreme in the realm of putting the ball on the ground.

He may not even be "supreme" on his own team. In the last four years, Ramsey = 32 games, 25 fumbles. Brunnel = 36 games, 21 fumbles.

Coincidently, during those four years each QB had two years where they only started either 9 or 3 games.

Of curse, like I regularly state in such topics, turnovers get properly explored for all kinds of specifiers not mentioned in most basic stats when film is broken down. It's the only way professionals have a chance find out what's actually taking place, in order to correct it. Bottom line is simple, though. Fumble bad.

And Mark should improve on protecting the ball, period.

Right, I admit Brunell fumbled a COUPLE times were his fault. But, the o-line on a nmber of those had far less than th e3 sec avg. Watch the last play of the OAK game, untouched practically. The play before that was almost as bad and that happend at least 5 other fumbles.

BRUNELL HAS HAD A COUPLE FUMBLES THAT WERE UNACCEPTABLE. But, when a player has played as well as him- big throws and SCRAMBLES. Lets not forget the plays he made with his feet this year- too many to mention-REALLY. He sometimes makes the mistake of holding it too long. But, when was his last fumble lost?

Didn't want to sound so pissy, but give this man a break- he has given us his heart this year and deserves to be respected for that. I think he realizes that this may be it for him and he is leaving nothing left on the field. A mistajke here and there but wat more gutty and great plays.

Let's just respect what Brunell has accomplished this year.

Archived