Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rogers vs. Rolle

Lil Kenzo

Rogers easily, I see Rolle Getting toasted by some of hte faster wr's in the nfl(moss). He has safety speed, at around 4.54. No way he is better. Rogers runs in the 4.41 range, and is just as physical IMO. Rolle would be a great safety imo, he can lay the wood. I imagine him switching some point in his career

I was reading the article on Redskins.com that said Dennis Green actually was considering drafting Carlos Rogers over Antrel Rolle. Out of these rookie DBs, who do you think will be the better of the two in the long run?

Then I guess Dennis Green had a momentary lapse of sanity when he decided to draft Rogers. :D

Havn't seen enough to Antrel to give an answer.

Looking at all 3, Carlos definently fits our defense best, he's great in run support and a sure tackler.

After a very very shaky start of the season I've seen some good things out of Pacman Jones, though.

Rogers easily, I see Rolle Getting toasted by some of hte faster wr's in the nfl(moss). He has safety speed, at around 4.54. No way he is better. Rogers runs in the 4.41 range, and is just as physical IMO. Rolle would be a great safety imo, he can lay the wood. I imagine him switching some point in his career

Yup. He's impressed me with his great hands and tackling. Sometimes it seems like he gets up so fast to support the run and lays a nice hit on a RB that I think it's taylor. Then I see 22, oh man it's the rook!

I was reading the article on Redskins.com that said Dennis Green actually was considering drafting Carlos Rogers over Antrel Rolle. Out of these rookie DBs, who do you think will be the better of the two in the long run?

Look at my sig...:D seriously i think he will be better.

As for Rolle i think Rolle will be a Robert Mathis(Jaguars) type CB.

Honestly, before the draft I really wanted Antrelle Rolle. I hadn't ever heard of Rogers. I knew that Rolle was physical and athletic and from the "U". I won't lie, I was dissapointed when the Cardinals took Rolle before us.

I know all of my fellow skins fans will tell you why Rogers will be better so I will play devil's advocate. I think there is a pretty good chance Rolle will be better. He is stronger and more physical than Rogers, though Rogers is physical as well. Nowadays the a lot of the dominant receivers are BIG and STRONG(guys like Moss are exception). Antrell Rolle can stand up to these big receivers, such as in our division Plaxico Buress or Keyshawn Johnson.

Another reason why Rolle will probably be better, believe it or not, is the team he is on. I have seen footage of Arizona practices and Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald are WORKING Rolle in practice. He is getting GREAT reps every practice against two of the best young wideouts in the game. PLUS, he is in the DESERT so he will no doubt be in shape by gameday.

Rogers is getting reps against the likes of Jacobs, Farris, and Thrash. He probably gets few reps against Moss, and even those reps won't prepare him for guys like TO and Keyshawn. The one advantage I might give Rogers is coaching, GW is a better teacher than whoever is in AZ. But, like I said, who better to teach a young CB to cover than two All-Pro caliber wideouts.

They both will be GREAT pros. Rolle with the advantage in physicality and Rogers with more speed. I expect great things from them both.

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

also...there is a reason carlos rogers received the award for being the top corner in the NCAA :logo: id take him over the other two anyday but i agree i think rolle could make a great safety

-- I think you mean Rashean Mathis. Robert Mathis is a DT

-- As for the debate, I think they will both pan out well in the league. I think Rogers will be a better cover guy but no doubt Rolle has a mean streak and loves to lay people out on run support.

-- No one mentioned this but let's just be happy that we didnt take Pac-Man!! My best friend was trying to convince me that he was the best of the 3 before the draft -- he gets beat like a drum weekly !! All in all, we took the player I was hoping we would get. i think he will be a great corner for a long time.

In his senior year, Rogers didn't have many passes thrown in his direction. He was an outstanding corner. So far I think he's developed more quicker on the pro level than Rolle has. Don't get me wrong. Rolle was a beast for THE U. I think Rolle will catch up sooner or later. He's going to be a great one. Rolle and Rogers will be talked about like Ty Law, Champ Bailey, and Charles Woodson are talked about. But I think Rogers is a little further along than Rolle at this point.

you mean rasheen mathis, i agree though, reminds of Ty Law - not so much fast as he is quick and just a generally outstanding athlete, that said i think Rogers will be better but they will both be top ten corners in afew years

Archived