Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Somebody give me the odds on Lavar returning next year....where's our capologist?

kingdaddy

Everyone says we give up third down conversions because LaVar isn't in the game. Yeah right, these are the same people who,early in the season, claimed we weren't forcing turnovers because LaVar wasn't in the game. I don't think he would make much of a difference if he was on the field that extra play.

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

:( Then you obviously do not know much about football. Let's face it, he is probably the best play maker on our D. Therefore, it is better to have him in the game on third downs than not. Think about it, would you rather take your chances with him in the game on third downs or continue to struggle and hope the QB makes a crucial mistake. Especially since we are not stopping anyone on third downs anyway.

Think about it!

That's cause his ass knows that other fans won't be as tolerant of his underacheiving as the fans in DC. Wake the fu** up

:( Man, people like you make me sick. Please, take that crap some place else. Some of the greatest fans in the world are Redskins fans. Don't hate because we have faith and we know that greatest takes more than one player or one looser like you for that matter.

So, we have faith in Lavar because we have invested a lot of time and money into him. And in return, he has played unselfishly and put up with four administration changes.

Amen brother. I know a lot of people on this board like GW and I can't blame them. He did wonders with our D last year. But because of his ego he as also has done some damage in my opinion. We don't know if Pierce was solely his fault, but I am willing to bet he played a big part in it.

I am also willing to bet that if he stays and takes over as HC when Gibbs decides it's time to retire, that he will ruin this entire team. He needs to realize that coaches don't make plays happen. Players make plays happen.

Yes but if the defense can play good without him that would be able to fill a need somewhere else.

Everyone says we give up third down conversions because LaVar isn't in the game. Yeah right, these are the same people who,early in the season, claimed we weren't forcing turnovers because LaVar wasn't in the game. I don't think he would make much of a difference if he was on the field that extra play.

funny...he's been pretty active in the last 2-4 games...strangely, we seemed to have had more interceptions than late...

Maybe you should make a little graph for yourself for turnovers we've caused, and Lavars playing time, and see how they coincide with eachother.

Maybe you should make a little graph for yourself for turnovers we've caused, and Lavars playing time, and see how they coincide with eachother.

I think the better graph would be to Griffin's playing time and turnovers and you'll see a much stronger correlation.

That said.. I actually believe Arrington will be around for at least one more year, and my gut tells me.. giving him a full off-season "healthy" will get him back to being able to handle every down. It's not rumor... it was widely reported that Arrington actually sat out part of the first half because of issues with his hamstring and he himself was quoted as saying it's been bothering him for awhile.

Personally I don't think Ego has anything to do with how Williams runs the defense. Smoot and Pierce left due to cap numbers, plain and simple. Williams probably stated that the players weren't needed enough to warrant the money they were looking for and negotiations hit their line. Arringtons playing time has more to due with his injury and his backups ability then anything ego related. Clemmons is a better pass-rusher then anything else.. so if you were building packages to give Arrington a break, logic dictates use the backup when it best suites him... 3rd and long. It allows Arrington to still play 90% of the game, yet pulls him out enough to keep him healthy enough to last the season.

I think the better graph would be to Griffin's playing time and turnovers and you'll see a much stronger correlation.

That said.. I actually believe Arrington will be around for at least one more year, and my gut tells me.. giving him a full off-season "healthy" will get him back to being able to handle every down. It's not rumor... it was widely reported that Arrington actually sat out part of the first half because of issues with his hamstring and he himself was quoted as saying it's been bothering him for awhile.

Personally I don't think Ego has anything to do with how Williams runs the defense. Smoot and Pierce left due to cap numbers, plain and simple. Williams probably stated that the players weren't needed enough to warrant the money they were looking for and negotiations hit their line. Arringtons playing time has more to due with his injury and his backups ability then anything ego related. Clemmons is a better pass-rusher then anything else.. so if you were building packages to give Arrington a break, logic dictates use the backup when it best suites him... 3rd and long. It allows Arrington to still play 90% of the game, yet pulls him out enough to keep him healthy enough to last the season.

Logic :notworthy

I have a feeling there will be some tinkering with his contract in the off-season along with a few others (like our usual off-seasons) and he will meanwhile be getting back to form. - He is definately not fully healed and up to speed......yet.

:( Man, people like you make me sick. Please, take that crap some place else. Some of the greatest fans in the world are Redskins fans. Don't hate because we have faith and we know that greatest takes more than one player or one looser like you for that matter.

So, we have faith in Lavar because we have invested a lot of time and money into him. And in return, he has played unselfishly and put up with four administration changes.

You are Brilliant.......Have faith in someone just cause you pay him alot. F***ing brilliant.

Yes but if the defense can play good without him that would be able to fill a need somewhere else.

Good point, but when this year has our defense shown it is better off without him?

At this point, Griffin, Washington, Arrington, Springs, & Taylor are our core defensive guys. The only reason I don't include Rogers is because he is a rookie and has some more to prove; but he is on his way.

You are Brilliant.......Have faith in someone just cause you pay him alot. F***ing brilliant.

Yes I am brilliant because that is not what I am saying. I am saying that we believe in him and THEREFORE is paying him alot of money. Sheesh! Now I am certain that you should go some place else. :doh:

LaVar is NOT a core defensive guy. He doesn't make our defense any better or worse. He doesn't make the game changing plays that he used, he just doesnt. To me, the only difference when LaVar is on the field is that our defense celebrates more. I would prefer a guy like Antonio Pierce over LaVar. You can see the difference in our defense since Pierce left and coincidently LaVar came back. It has gotten worse.

Lavar needs to lose about 20 pounds. He's too big. He seems to have lost most of his explosivness and break. Might have something to do with the knee as well, but I still think he's too big.

Maybe a full offseason will help him out?

I was in FedEX field when the Redskins played the Raiders. I tend to remember one specific third down where Lavar was left in the game. It was 3rd and goal from the one yard line and Lavar stopped the play in the backfield. You must also remember that it will take two years for Lavar's knee to recover fully and you should see that burst return. I love Lavar and my biggest fear is that if he leaves he will truly become the monster we know he is in another uniform.

Yeah LaVar DID make that tackle in the Raiders game. SO WHAT! He makes a nice play every three weeks just like every other LB in the NFL. That play wasn't that special to me. If he made plays like that every week maybe I would give him props. But, right now, I am still not impressed.

Wow I see you are very hardcore and I can see an almost hatred from LaVar. My question is where is all this displaced anger? Did LaVar pee in your cornflakes or steal something from you? I mean I can't see your point and personally with everything that LaVar has done based on any other Redskin of late I tend to see your opinion as nothing more than a Bubbly Tub Fart. :2cents: :laugh:

Yeah LaVar DID make that tackle in the Raiders game. SO WHAT! He makes a nice play every three weeks just like every other LB in the NFL. That play wasn't that special to me. If he made plays like that every week maybe I would give him props. But, right now, I am still not impressed.

Well sir at 17 I would think the only thing you might see pressed is a pair of Roccowear Jeans. But SHOULD you ever get to the NFL and get on LaVar's level perhaps you can make plays consistently while 6'6 350 pound men are coming at you at full speed and then you can show us what special plays are done on a consistent basis. :silly: :2cents:

Wow I see you are very hardcore and I can see an almost hatred from LaVar. My question is where is all this displaced anger? Did LaVar pee in your cornflakes or steal something from you? I mean I can't see your point and personally with everything that LaVar has done based on any other Redskin of late I tend to see your opinion as nothing more than a Bubbly Tub Fart. :2cents: :laugh:

You ask some good questions. What has LaVar done to this guy for this guy to HATE him so much? Here is my question for you. What has LaVar done for you to LOVE him so much? Seriously, what has he done for this team lately that is so great? I actually would like to know your answer, thank you in advance.

You ask some good questions. What has LaVar done to this guy for this guy to HATE him so much? Here is my question for you. What has LaVar done for you to LOVE him so much? Seriously, what has he done for this team lately that is so great? I actually would like to know your answer, thank you in advance.

I totally agree. This guy should walk around with a hat labled "HATER". :mad: That is the only reasoning I can come up with for his kind of hatred.

Well sir at 17 I would think the only thing you might see pressed is a pair of Roccowear Jeans. But SHOULD you ever get to the NFL and get on LaVar's level perhaps you can make plays consistently while 6'6 350 pound men are coming at you at full speed and then you can show us what special plays are done on a consistent basis. :silly: :2cents:

What does my AGE and JEANS have to do with any of this? I guess you are trying to say that I'm immature, which I probably am, but that is a WEAK defense for your boy LaVar. You seem to be sympathetic, well, this is football and there is no room for sympathy. This is a MAN's game and if a MAN(LaVar) isn't earning his load(10 million dollars) than he doesn't need another MAN's(You) sympathy, that MAN(LaVar) needs to step his game up and earn what he makes(about 13 million next year). But that's just my opinion. If you want to disprove my opinion please come with something better than "You go out there and try to do what he does." Right now, LaVar doesn't do much imo.

Archived