Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Somebody give me the odds on Lavar returning next year....where's our capologist?

kingdaddy

Well sir at 17 I would think the only thing you might see pressed is a pair of Roccowear Jeans. But SHOULD you ever get to the NFL and get on LaVar's level perhaps you can make plays consistently while 6'6 350 pound men are coming at you at full speed and then you can show us what special plays are done on a consistent basis. :silly: :2cents:

Wow, now that was friggin hilarious...rocawear jeans...HAH.

What does my AGE and JEANS have to do with any of this? I guess you are trying to say that I'm immature, which I probably am, but that is a WEAK defense for your boy LaVar. You seem to be sympathetic, well, this is football and there is no room for sympathy. This is a MAN's game and if a MAN(LaVar) isn't earning his load(10 million dollars) than he doesn't need another MAN's(You) sympathy, that MAN(LaVar) needs to step his game up and earn what he makes(about 13 million next year). But that's just my opinion. If you want to disprove my opinion please come with something better than "You go out there and try to do what he does." Right now, LaVar doesn't do much imo.

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

Well first off the blatent disrespect by the coaching staff is one thing I don't agree with. Secondly I think his injury has alot to do with his performance. I think 99% of the people here that LaVar on 1 leg is better than Holdman with 2. I also think that Greg Williams inability to use LaVar also speaks volumes. Personally with his credentials of being Pro Bowl LB and being the face of the skins and seeing him cry gives me a desire to support him. I also see how the fans at Fedex responds to him which IMHO the entire defense feeds off of and plays with more intensity. Right now he is hurt, between the knee, bone bruise and now a quad injury he isn't at 100% but when he gets completely healed I think that his desire will speak volumes. I think that the salary is alot don't get me wrong but I think he deserves all that he gets because as we all know NFL salaries are not gaurenteed. If he had a career ending injury all he gets is his signing bonus. Remember LaVar has redone his contract many times to help this team and I think the skins are simply a better team with him than without him. I don't see where Marcus Washington gets the props he gets but we all see things differently. :2cents:

Well first off the blatent disrespect by the coaching staff is one thing I don't agree with. Secondly I think his injury has alot to do with his performance. I think 99% of the people here that LaVar on 1 leg is better than Holdman with 2. I also think that Greg Williams inability to use LaVar also speaks volumes. Personally with his credentials of being Pro Bowl LB and being the face of the skins and seeing him cry gives me a desire to support him. I also see how the fans at Fedex responds to him which IMHO the entire defense feeds off of and plays with more intensity. Right now he is hurt, between the knee, bone bruise and now a quad injury he isn't at 100% but when he gets completely healed I think that his desire will speak volumes. I think that the salary is alot don't get me wrong but I think he deserves all that he gets because as we all know NFL salaries are not gaurenteed. If he had a career ending injury all he gets is his signing bonus. Remember LaVar has redone his contract many times to help this team and I think the skins are simply a better team with him than without him. I don't see where Marcus Washington gets the props he gets but we all see things differently. :2cents:

Point taken. LaVar may still be playing hurt. If he is, then GW wasn't wrong for keeping him off the field earlier this year. I don't see why LaVar keeps claiming he is 100% and then he doesn't perform like he is 100%. I guess I am just impatient because his performance has NOT been up to par recently.

But don't get me wrong, I am still a Redskins fan and LaVar is still a Redskin. If LaVar does finally heal up and becomes the "superstar" that we pay him to be I will be just as happy as anyone here. He is a cool guy and he seems to be a great person.

Still as of right now, as a FOOTBALL player I do not see a "superstar" when I look at LaVar. He takes up WAY too much cap space to STILL be "healing" from a two year old injury, bottomline he is underachieving. Because of this, I don't see how LaVar can stay here for too much longer. His salary will only RISE and take up more cap space. He would have to take a serious pay cut or become a defensive MVP type player to stay here. I guess we'll see what happens.

Point taken. LaVar may still be playing hurt. If he is, then GW wasn't wrong for keeping him off the field earlier this year. I don't see why LaVar keeps claiming he is 100% and then he doesn't perform like he is 100%. I guess I am just impatient because his performance has NOT been up to par recently.

But don't get me wrong, I am still a Redskins fan and LaVar is still a Redskin. If LaVar does finally heal up and becomes the "superstar" that we pay him to be I will be just as happy as anyone here. He is a cool guy and he seems to be a great person.

Still as of right now, as a FOOTBALL player I do not see a "superstar" when I look at LaVar. He takes up WAY too much cap space to STILL be "healing" from a two year old injury, bottomline he is underachieving. Because of this, I don't see how LaVar can stay here for too much longer. His salary will only RISE and take up more cap space. He would have to take a serious pay cut or become a defensive MVP type player to stay here. I guess we'll see what happens.

What would qualify him as "up to par" in your eyes for goodness sake? Ending another QBs career? Shooting lighting bolts from his arse?! :doh: The man is 5th on the team in tackles and has seen somewhat "limited" action. He leads the team in TOLs. What more do you want? He is NOT an all over the field player anymore my friend and that is not by his own choosing. He would rather it, I am sure, just so people like yourself would praise him for it again. The system (GW's system) will not allow a player to "freelance" like Lavar once did. So your idea of "superstar" is shot down as long as this style defense remains in DC. Enough said...

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I hope all of you keep your thoughts about Lavar to yourselves. I posted something about his injury issues, and you would think I killed their mother or something. My point was, with that much money in a player, he must play injury free and regain his old glory. The truth is he is not playing up to his salary. I am sorry. When you sit on the bench for 8 games and then only play on 1st and 2nd down isn't going to cut it. I don't want to worry every year about his knee problems. If we can make it to our benefit, I say to let him go, and pick up some defensive lineman.

hopefully Gregg Williams saw his good "system players" (Holdman, Harris, PP) reading the backs of enough opponents' jerseys to realize that he needs athletes. IMO the benching was pure arrognace on Williams' part, believing that his system is more important than the players in it. Kinda like General Lee invading the North-- we all know how that worked out.

Well, in trying to get back on point. I am going to try to upload the cap info for next year, where our own LaVar Arrington is due 12-plus Million dollars. I don't see how we can keep him unless they restructure given our cap situation (Samuels too).

You ask some good questions. What has LaVar done to this guy for this guy to HATE him so much? Here is my question for you. What has LaVar done for you to LOVE him so much? Seriously, what has he done for this team lately that is so great? I actually would like to know your answer, thank you in advance.

I see you want a team with 50 hall-of-famers. Hmm, lets think about that... it's impossible. Maybe you should just can it because Lavar is great.

I cannot belive this is discussed again and again and it boils down into the Haters who don't like anyone on the team and homers, those in between have long since tired of hearing the same points made time and time again .

Personally i would want him to stay he is playmaker plain and simple and the defensive woes cannot be put soley on him we have had a lot of banged up players elsewhere on the defence and as has been show recently the D as a unit is a totally different unit with Griffin on the field . I also have to ask we would end up 1 million better off cap wise this year and end up eating a cap hit next if we release him who would we get to replace him ?

Those who wail on and on about oh we would have been able to keep AP if it wasn't for LaVars contract...ermmm nope...firstly the Coles thing threw appart our offseason plan and Peirce didn't want to stay . If he had he had so much time between January and March to come up with a deal its untrue . Instead he was looking for a probowler type money off one seasons work i.e. Washington type money and in fairness he got it . I also wonder how many people lament on the loss of Shawn Barber or Derek Smith ......

One last thing I am sure so many of think we wouldn't have a problem like this with a real GM ... you know like we had between the years of 1992 -1998 ? Those 6 years were about as sucessful as the following 6 years

Is there any chance that we will not release Lavar next season? He is quoted as saying he loves these fans and seems to care about winning. Would he need to restructure to allow us to keep him here? I'm looking for our resident capologist here.

Don't need one, at least not for this, LaVar isn't going anywhere. Sorry.

Archived