Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Special Weather Statement from the National Weather Service:

heyholetsgogrant

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-ALLEGANY-WASHINGTON-FREDERICK MD-CARROLL- NORTHERN BALTIMORE-HARFORD-MONTGOMERY-HOWARD-SOUTHERN BALTIMORE- PRINCE GEORGES-ANNE ARUNDEL-CHARLES-ST. MARYS-CALVERT-HIGHLAND- AUGUSTA-ROCKINGHAM-SHENANDOAH-FREDERICK VA-PAGE-WARREN-CLARKE- NELSON-ALBEMARLE-GREENE-MADISON-RAPPAHANNOCK-FAUQUIER-LOUDOUN- ORANGE-CULPEPER-PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK-FAIRFAX- ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA-STAFFORD-SPOTSYLVANIA- KING GEORGE-GRANT-MINERAL-HAMPSHIRE-MORGAN-BERKELEY-JEFFERSON- PENDLETON-HARDY- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WASHINGTON...CUMBERLAND...HAGERSTOWN... FREDERICK...WESTMINSTER...GAITHERSBURG...COLUMBIA...BALTIMORE... ANNAPOLIS...WALDORF...ST MARYS CITY...STAUNTON...WAYNESBORO... HARRISONBURG...WINCHESTER...FRONT ROYAL...CHARLOTTESVILLE... LEESBURG...CULPEPER...MANASSAS...MANASSAS PARK...FAIRFAX... ALEXANDRIA...FALLS CHURCH...FREDERICKSBURG...BAYARD... PETERSBURG...KEYSER...MARTINSBURG...CHARLES TOWN 226 PM EST TUE DEC 6 2005

...A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM MAY AFFECT THE REGION THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY...

COMPUTER MODELS ARE CURRENTLY IN GOOD AGREEMENT THAT A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM MAY AFFECT THE REGION THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY. WHILE IT IS MUCH TOO EARLY FOR DETAILS...THE WORD SIGNIFICANT IMPLIES THAT SIX INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW MAY OCCUR SOMEWHERE IN THE MID ATLANTIC REGION.

AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE IS FORECAST TO MOVE ACROSS THE MID ATLANTIC FROM THE OHIO VALLEY LATE DURING THE WORK WEEK. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO CAUSE A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM TO DEVELOP ALONG THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST THURSDAY NIGHT...AND MOVE NORTHEAST INTO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN EARLY FRIDAY.

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/21045?dayNum=3

Have about a foot of the stuff, ( not including the 2-3 foot drifts I dropped my phone in), and counting outside my place right now. You're welcome to have some.

PCS - can you bring some with you when you come to the game? We need just enough to shut down the gov't offices should only take about 6" :laugh:

:laugh: Oh hell. I remember when I lived there, it only took a few flurries. I'll bring a ziplock or 2. Should shut things down for a couple of days. :silly:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now it just takes the threat of storm and the kids are out of school, without 1 flake falling :doh:

PCS LOVE your pics man keep them coming :cheers:

What was expected and now much did you get pez?

They started by saying 3-6' then it went to 2-4'. The grass maybe had 2 but the roads were so dry even I could drive to work in it! :laugh:

It can snow thursday night as I am off friday! :D

PCS please bring enough snow to close the government! I love snow days when I get the day off! :silly:

Texas is finally catching the winter spirit:

ARCTIC AIRMASS TO INVADE NORTH TEXAS TODAY...BRINGING FRIGID

TEMPERATURES AND WIND CHILLS...ALONG WITH A MIX OF WINTRY

PRECIPITATION ACROSS A MAJORITY OF THE REGION.

AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING RAIN OR DRIZZLE...MIXED WITH SLEET OR SNOW

ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BY MIDDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH TONIGHT. A

WINTRY MIXTURE OF PREDOMINANTLY SLEET AND SNOW IS EXPECTED BY

LATE AFTERNOON...BEFORE CHANGING TO ALL SNOW TONIGHT. TOTAL

ACCUMULATIONS OF SLEET OR SNOW TO 1 INCH ARE EXPECTED BY THURSDAY

MORNING...WITH ISOLATED AMOUNTS TO 2 INCHES POSSIBLE. THIS WILL

MAKE TRAVELING TODAY VERY HAZARDOUS. EXTREME CAUTION IS ADVISED

WHEN VENTURING OUT LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT.

FUTHERMORE...GUSTY NORTH AND NORTHEAST WINDS BETWEEN 15 AND 25 MPH

WILL RESULT IN BITTER COLD WIND CHILLS IN THE SINGLE DIGITS AND

TEENS BY THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. WEAR SEVERAL LAYERS OF

CLOTHING WHEN VENTURING OUT TODAY AND TONIGHT.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR

FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR

SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE

DRIVING.

Wednesday Night: Overcast and cold; a little evening rain followed by a bit of snow, sleet, and freezing rain late. Winds from the N at 14 mph. Low: 26° F RealFeel: 13° F

This is very cold for this Texas girl!!

Blondie

I'll bring a cooler Huly. :silly:

Texas girl may not want to read this....brrrrrrrr

Currently at 6:01 AM

mostly clear Temp: 0° F RealFeel®: -14° F

Wednesday,

Sunshine and a few clouds. Winds from the N at 1 mph. High: 15° F RealFeel®: 26° F

Dec 7 Wednesday Night: Mainly clear. Winds will be calm Low: 5° F RealFeel: 12° F

BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRR Southern Girl hates it too! My blood is way too thin for this weather. I do like the snow if I am home though and I do not have to drive anywhere. I guess growing up without it makes it so much more fun when it is around! Even with the little bit we had yesterday I got to hit Chappelle with a snowball. :laugh:

I'll bring a cooler Huly. :silly:

Texas girl may not want to read this....brrrrrrrr

Currently at 6:01 AM

mostly clear Temp: 0° F RealFeel®: -14° F

Wednesday,

Sunshine and a few clouds. Winds from the N at 1 mph. High: 15° F RealFeel®: 26° F

Dec 7 Wednesday Night: Mainly clear. Winds will be calm Low: 5° F RealFeel: 12° F

PCS that is way below normal for this time of year right??

SWEET! Looks like a barhopping night for me and SkinsBry! It's a tradition! :laugh:

I think I'll end up using all my sick days this winter. I've been looking on the internet and watching Weather Channel but nobody is saying how much snow on Thursday - Friday.

Archived