Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Special Weather Statement from the National Weather Service:

heyholetsgogrant

Snowfall Forecast Through Friday

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:07 PM EDT

A big winter storm will spread a blanket of white from the central states all the way to the Eastern Seaboard during the next 48 hours. The storm will reach peak intensity along or just off the East Coast Friday. Exactly when the explosive development occurs will make a big difference as to how much snow falls from Pennsylvania to southern New England. It could easily turn into a much bigger storm for that region, but at this point AccuWeather.com snow experts are handling the situation in a more conservative way. Regardless, this storm is going to have a far-reaching impact, causing poor road conditions and all kinds of travel delays from the central states to the East Coast. As always, AccuWeather.com will bring you updated information as soon as any changes become apparent.

iws0_430d.jpg

SCHOOL HAS BEEN CANCELED FOR THURSDAY, DEC. 8. School will resume, as scheduled on Friday.

Right Now: Cloudy 21°F

Feels Like

6°F

Updated Dec 8 05:45 a.m. CT

Back to bed!!

Blondie

i so do not like you at the moment since I am here suffering through work and it is freaking cold outside! My car read 27 degrees. I swear I am moving to the tropics.

i so do not like you at the moment since I am here suffering through work and it is freaking cold outside! My car read 27 degrees. I swear I am moving to the tropics.

Maybe we should go to Puerto Rico?!

Wonder if anyone else wants to go? ;) :laugh:

Blondie

The good news: they cancelled the Winter Storm Watch at 4:53 this morning :D

The bad news: they replaced it with a Heavy Snow Warning :doh:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

453 AM EST THU DEC 8 2005

MDZ002-003-VAZ028-031-WVZ048>053-055-081800-

/O.UPG.KLWX.WS.A.0003.051208T2300Z-051209T1700Z/

/O.NEW.KLWX.HS.W.0001.051208T2300Z-051209T1700Z/

ALLEGANY-WASHINGTON-FREDERICK VA-CLARKE-GRANT-MINERAL-HAMPSHIRE-MORGAN-BERKELEY-JEFFERSON-HARDY-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CUMBERLAND...HAGERSTOWN...WINCHESTER...BAYARD...PETERSBURG...KEYSER...MARTINSBURG...CHARLES TOWN

453 AM EST THU DEC 8 2005

...HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A HEAVY SNOW WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST FRIDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

A WINTER STORM IS CURRENTLY TAKING SHAPE ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY...AND IS FORECAST TO ADVANCE INTO OUR REGION THIS EVENING. THIS STORM HAS A POTENTIAL OF PRODUCING 4 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOWFALL BY FRIDAY MORNING. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE HIGH TERRAIN.

ONCE PRECIPITATION COMES TO AN END FRIDAY MORNING...STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS BETWEEN 15 AND 25 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE. THESE WINDS COULD CAUSE MINOR BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW TO OCCUR.

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE

EXPECTED. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. STAY TUNED NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR LOCAL MEDIA FOR UPDATES TO THE FORECAST.

The good news: they cancelled the Winter Storm Watch at 4:53 this morning :D

The bad news: they replaced it with a Heavy Snow Warning :doh:

They means they don't know what in the hell will happen. Not a good sign. Not their fault though. These are the worst setups to try and forecast for Miller B systems. Sooooooooo many different things to factor and the models can't handle them. We could get 1-3 inches of crap to 8-12 of heavy snow.

They means they don't know what in the hell will happen. Not a good sign. Not their fault though. These are the worst setups to try and forecast for Miller B systems. Sooooooooo many different things to factor and the models can't handle them. We could get 1-3 inches of crap to 8-12 of heavy snow.

Yea, I really think weatherman are told by their producers to hipe these storms untill the last minture just for viewership.

-Grant

Winter Storm Warning from the National Weather Service:

/O.UPG.KLWX.WS.A.0003.051208T2300Z-051209T1700Z/ /O.NEW.KLWX.WS.W.0002.051208T2300Z-051209T1700Z/ DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-FREDERICK MD-CARROLL-NORTHERN BALTIMORE- HARFORD-MONTGOMERY-HOWARD-SOUTHERN BALTIMORE-PRINCE GEORGES- ANNE ARUNDEL-HIGHLAND-ROCKINGHAM-SHENANDOAH-PAGE-WARREN- RAPPAHANNOCK-FAUQUIER-LOUDOUN- PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK-FAIRFAX- ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA-PENDLETON- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WASHINGTON...FREDERICK...WESTMINSTER... GAITHERSBURG...COLUMBIA...BALTIMORE...ANNAPOLIS...HARRISONBURG... FRONT ROYAL...LEESBURG...MANASSAS...MANASSAS PARK...FAIRFAX... ALEXANDRIA...FALLS CHURCH 453 AM EST THU DEC 8 2005

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST FRIDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

A WINTER STORM IS CURRENTLY TAKING SHAPE ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY...AND IS FORECAST TO ADVANCE INTO OUR REGION THIS EVENING. THIS STORM HAS A POTENTIAL OF PRODUCING A MIXED BAG OF SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN ACROSS THE DC AND BALTIMORE METRO AREAS. TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW AND SLEET OF 3 TO 6 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY FRIDAY MORNING.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET...AND ICE ARE EXPECTED. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

-Grant

Yea, I really think weatherman are told by their producers to hipe these storms untill the last minture just for viewership.

-Grant

I dunno really care about the TV guys. They have to hype up crap for ratings. I was talking about the folks over at the NWS. If you wana get a forecast based on non-hype. Then go to the NWS web site and get your forecast from them.

Forecasted Snowfall through Friday

Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:49 AM EDT

Snow fell yesterday through northern Texas and the central Plains, and now this snow will continue to the east and north. The above graphic shows our latest predicted snowfall totals from this event, with a region from northeastern Pennsylvania through the Massachusetts coastline now forecasted to receive 6 or more inches of snow. The above time line is the start time for 7 p.m. Thursday and then 7 a.m. Friday. This storm system may intensify even more, but regardless, this storm is going to have a far-reaching impact, causing poor road conditions and all kinds of travel delays from the Central States to the East Coast. As always, AccuWeather.com will bring you updated information as soon as any changes become apparent.

iws0_430r.jpg

We will get 3 inches of crap out of this...

Looks like the only reason our snow totals will be down is because of ice.

That's a bad thing.

Temperatures are below freezing now and it's been cold the past few days, meaning once it starts, the snow will stick almost immediately. Temps will remain below freezing throughout the storm. So any sleet and freezing rain we get will also accumulate quickly.

3-6 inches of snow is much better than 2-3 inches of snow and ice

Archived