Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peerless Price Released by the Boys' Today: Should We Make a Move for him?

#1SkinsFan

I'd sign him, plus as someone mentioned about the playbook the way hasselbeck and pierce helped the giants with formations, it wouldn't be a bad idea even if it just threw parcells out of his game with slight paranoia a little bit, that could be all the mistake a team needs. Like when hasselbeck comes running in on a 4th a long and our D called time out, hell why call time just let them choke on 4th down and inherit the ball in the middle of the field...

i would like to have him but at the same time i would like to finally see what we could do with some of our own young talent...im kind of impressed with the young duo of farris/parsons and although i dont think theyve done anything too big i think farris could turn out to be a good ballplayer/role player and i think this is the chance to let jacobs take over id like to see us line up in singleback with moss and jacobs split wide with farris in the slot and cooley at tight end

i would like to have him but at the same time i would like to finally see what we could do with some of our own young talent...im kind of impressed with the young duo of farris/parsons and although i dont think theyve done anything too big i think farris could turn out to be a good ballplayer/role player and i think this is the chance to let jacobs take over id like to see us line up in singleback with moss and jacobs split wide with farris in the slot and cooley at tight end

I'm pretty sure that parsons was released to make room for brown and farris but i'm not certain of it. But i to think we need to give some of our young talent a chance and see what they can do, and how they produce. But another addition to add depth to our "injury filled" reciever corp wouldnt "hurt". :laugh:

So we might as well add Price to compliment Moss.

We need to bring this guy in. He can compete for a spot, and at the very least help us gameplan for Dallass.

Yea i know, this is a must need for our team right now because of how the injuries are pilling up at the WR position.

*By the way, that hit Sean Taylor lays on Hines Ward in your sig is killer!!!!!!!:notworthy

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=F1F75997-9555-FF30-944C5A7AEBD58FC1

Should we try to make a move for him? He was good w/ Atlanta, and mite be a solid reciever alongside Moss, since we have so many reciever injuries. I think we should pick him up. He's fast, fairly big, and has good hands and i think he would fit well and help us add depth to our downfield passing game.

He wasn't very good in Atlanta, but he was great in Buffalo when he was the second reciever behind Moulds. He might just work better when he's not the focus.....which is what he would be with us. I say take punt on him.

This is a great opportunity to fill a need with a bargain bin quality player. If the team doesn't go after this guy I will be very disappointed. I think we can use him where atlanta failed. Just look at the jets - they totally botched their use of moss and look what he's doing this year. I think we can make price work. THE PRICE IS RIGHT BOB.

lemme think... experienced, number two WR, who had his best years as a number two guy with the bonus that he has some insight on our hated rivals' offensive playbook...

I'd sign just for the heck of it. Who knows, he may do something for us.

No he isn't. he is a little WR just like Santana, Patten, Brown, et al.

Why do people always insist he is 6'4" or something. His whole career people have told me he is a big WR but the guy is tiny.

HE IS NOT A BIG WR

Position: WR

Height: 5-11

Weight: 190

Born: 10/27/1976

College: Tennessee

NFL Experience: 7

According to NFL.com...

Performance - Career

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD

1999 Buffalo Bills 16 4 31 393 12.7 45 3 8 1 19

2000 Buffalo Bills 16 16 52 762 14.7 42 3 11 2 34

2001 Buffalo Bills 16 16 55 895 16.3 70 7 16 4 37

2002 Buffalo Bills 16 16 94 1252 13.3 73 9 16 6 57

2003 Atl Falcons 16 15 64 838 13.1 49 3 9 5 40

2004 Atl Falcons 16 15 45 575 12.8 50 3 8 2 28

2005 Dal Cowboys 7 1 6 96 16.0 58 0 1 1 4

TOTAL 103 83 347 4811 13.9 73 28 69 21 219

Performance - Career

Let's see: 6 catches in 7 games this year, 4 for first downs?

We get an extra first down in half our losses and we're 8-3. That's good enough for me.

Come on over, Peerless. Bring your playbook.

Performance - Career

That looks like FOUR pretty solid years to me.

i would like to have him but at the same time i would like to finally see what we could do with some of our own young talent...im kind of impressed with the young duo of farris/parsons

So you must have been really sad when the team cut Parsons and didn't re-sign him to the PS...:doh:

and although i dont think theyve done anything too big i think farris could turn out to be a good ballplayer/role player and i think this is the chance to let jacobs take over id like to see us line up in singleback with moss and jacobs split wide with farris in the slot and cooley at tight end

Jacobs had some clutch catches last week on third and long situations...that's really all we need from our number 2, and what Patten was not giving us (save for a couple times); a #2 guy who can come up with big catches when Moss and Cooley are covered. Taylor did that on Sunday, so I can only expect that he will continue to do that.

And dude -- puncutation is your friend. ;)

So you must have been really sad when the team cut Parsons and didn't re-sign him to the PS...:doh:

Jacobs had some clutch catches last week on third and long situations...that's really all we need from our number 2, and what Patten was not giving us (save for a couple times); a #2 guy who can come up with big catches when Moss and Cooley are covered. Taylor did that on Sunday, so I can only expect that he will continue to do that.

And dude -- puncutation is your friend. ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

We should check out Price's eye condition thoroughly before signing him. He was diagnosed with an "inoperable retinal disorder" in the Summer of 2004, and that may be the reason the Falcons and Cowturds released him. The Falcons took a $5.7mil cap hit to let him go, so they must have been convinced he wasn't going to ever return to the ability he showed in Buffalo. Here's a link to a footballguystalk forum discussion of his eye problems. That discussion includes the following article from an Atlanta newspaper

Price: ‘I want to be here to prove people wrong’

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, June 2, 2005

Flowery Branch — Peerless Price insists he wants to remain with the Falcons but the veteran wide receiver acknowledged uncertainty about his future with the team.

“I want to be here, I want to be here,” Price said Wednesday, after an hour-long, non-contact workout at the team’s indoor practice facility. “I like playing with Mike [Vick], all my receivers, everybody on this team, guys I’ve formed relationships with, I’ve bonded with. I’d be a fool to say I don’t want to be here but whatever happens, happens.”

Wednesday marked the first day NFL teams could release players with multiple years on their contracts to gain immediate salary-cap relief and Price, scheduled to earn $2 million this season, surmised that he could be a marked man. The Falcons were non-committal about Price’s future with the team.

Coach Jim Mora said he’s been pleased with Price’s attitude and effort this offseason but declined comment on personnel issues. President and general manager Rich McKay was unavailable for comment.

Though the Falcons would gain room to re-enter free agency this summer by releasing Price, they would take a $5.7 million salary cap hit next season because the prorated remainder of his $10-million signing bonus from 2003 would be accelerated. That is a substantial charge, but Atlanta has roughly $12 million counting against the salary cap this season for players not on the roster, so with careful cap management, Price’s charge might not be a major impediment.

Price said he would rather the Falcons not worry about those implications and concern themselves instead with defending the NFC South with him on board.

“Personally I want to be here to prove people wrong,” Price said. “People don’t know what I can do. They judge you off what happened in the past. They don’t go back to the year before that or the year before that. It’s what have you done for me lately.”

What Price has done lately, to some, is not becoming of the designated No. 1 wide receiver and one of the team’s highest-paid players. Price had 45 receptions and three touchdowns last season, second in both categories to Pro Bowl tight end Alge Crumpler. His lack of production and inconsistency, have made him a target of criticism.

“I know why everybody says Peerless; because Peerless is making the most money,” Price said. “If Brian Finneran was making what I’m making, Brian Finneran’s name would be out there. If Dez White was making what I’m making, they would be singling out Dez. It comes with the territory. I don’t worry about things I can’t control. Whatever happens, happens.”

Vick said he’s partially to blame for Price’s performance last season, claiming his inability to fully grasp offensive coordinator Greg Knapp’s newly implemented West Coast offense hurt the overall passing game. Price said fault lied in a variety of places, not just on him or Vick. Mora agreed.

“It’s not on anybody,” Mora said. “It’s the natural progression of installing a new offense. There’s so much to learn. It’s not anybody’s fault. We always want to assign blame and that’s not right.”

The Falcons drafted wide receivers Michael Jenkins and Roddy White in the first round the past two seasons. Jenkins, who had seven receptions as a rookie, has made a large “spike” is his ascension, Mora said, and has been working at flanker behind Price. White has looked good enough for coaches to proclaim he could be a factor much sooner than initially projected.

Price said he doesn’t see that as writing on the wall.

“I view it as the Atlanta Falcons’ organization doing what they feel they need to do to make this team better,” Price said.

Price also wanted to clarify the status of his right eye, which he said last year might need to surgery to fix a retinal problem.

“There’s nothing wrong with my eye,” Price said. “I’ve got a stigmatism. Fifty percent of America has one. My fiancée has one. It’s nothing major or serious and there’s nothing I need to get corrected. If it was, I would have gotten it corrected.”

Yes, I think the Skins should persue signing Price if possible. For several reasons:

1) He knows the Cowboys playbook and their tendencies.

2) His astigmatism is overrated. Doctors cleared him to play.

3) He HAS to have better hands than Robert Royal

4) Seven years of invaluable experience.

5) He can probably be had for the veteran minimum salary.

I say Go For It!

:dallasuck

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=F1F75997-9555-FF30-944C5A7AEBD58FC1

Should we try to make a move for him? He was good w/ Atlanta, and mite be a solid reciever alongside Moss, since we have so many reciever injuries. I think we should pick him up. He's fast, fairly big, and has good hands and i think he would fit well and help us add depth to our downfield passing game.

He was terrible in Atlanta.

Though....he's probably better than what we have.

Still, Dan Snyder has poisoned all Redskins' fans minds. We now think that we have to sign EVERY player who once had a name.

Archived