Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Must Get Wayne

method man

Did you guys see that stat on MNF? In the past two years, Wayne has the highest receiver rating in the NFL. I would love to have this guy to be our Art Monk. Wayne has one of the best sets of hands in the NFL. With quite a few Colts being free agents this offseason, it is very possible the Colts will let Wayne go. Funny thing is that Wayne and Moss, teammates in college, would be reunited.

Did you guys see that stat on MNF? In the past two years, Wayne has the highest receiver rating in the NFL. I would love to have this guy to be our Art Monk. Wayne has one of the best sets of hands in the NFL. With quite a few Colts being free agents this offseason, it is very possible the Colts will let Wayne go. Funny thing is that Wayne and Moss, teammates in college, would be reunited.

That tandem - coupled with cooley roaming the middle - would make us a viable offense instantly

My Free Agent Wishlist (in this order)

1. Aaron Kampman

2. Reggie Wayne

3. Kalimba Edwards

4. Antawn Randle-El

5. Steve Hutchinson (put him next to Jansen and Portis will be amazing)

6. Aaron Shea

7. Antonio Bryant

What would be amazing if we somehow managed to trade Ramsey and a pick to the 9ers for Brandon Lloyd, who I think will be a star in this league.

We don't need any big name free agent wide outs. We need to improve the offensive system, which is currently extremely limited by a bad OL....not by bad wide outs. Do you guys think Gibbs is running so much max protect because it makes him giggle to see all those fat guys out there? He is doing it because if you don't "fumble!" is the outcome because defenders hit Mark damn near instantly.

Improve the OL so that we can send 3 wide outs more often and the passing game will improve dramatically.

On the defensive side, we need MORE DL players not studs. We don't have any depth. Picking up some ok young guys and cycling the DL more during the game will improve the push....also getting rid of Blache wouldn't hurt.

I would love to get Wayne, but up here they think the Iggles will get him, they have a lot of money to spend and with TO gone, I could see them getting him. I would love it thought to have him. He's my favorite AFC receiver. I would love to get Tamba Hall in the draft from PSU, but he'll be going 1st round.

My Free Agent Wishlist (in this order)

1. Aaron Kampman

2. Reggie Wayne

3. Kalimba Edwards

4. Antawn Randle-El

5. Steve Hutchinson (put him next to Jansen and Portis will be amazing)

6. Aaron Shea

7. Antonio Bryant

What would be amazing if we somehow managed to trade Ramsey and a pick to the 9ers for Brandon Lloyd, who I think will be a star in this league.

Love Kampman -- totally agree there -- the guy's motor reminds me of Charles Mann.

-- Only problem is with the 49ers scenario. 1) They have made such a committment to Alex Smith I can't see them bringing in Ramsey to play in front of him for a yr. If there was already an established QB there I could see them sitting Smith, but not to bring in a so-so QB from a nother system. 2) Lloyd has an upside but I HATE his tendency to get "Todd Pinkston arms" when he goes over the middle. This guy is never gonna realize his potential if he gets labeled as having the dreaded "gator-arms" and he is well on his way to claiming the title.

There are 2 spots we need dire help: WR and DE. I would like to think we have enough cap room to address at least one, if not both, in free agency, and the other in the draft.

I agree, those have to be the most important things to look at in the offseason. I wouldnt mind putting a DT in the list as well.

I know you guys like to to talk up Carlos ( he got a pick sunday and you guys make him sound like darrell green or something) but i think CB wouldnt be a bad idea as well.

I dont know what to do about the offense:doh: ...get a new play book cough cough

What we need to do is draft 3 more H-backs and 5 LB's...

no seriously though

We should look for an LT in the 3rd or 4th round to take Samuels spot in a year or 2. Samuels cap hit is killing us. Either DE or DT should be addressed with our 2nd rounder.

In freeagency i don't really see us competing for the top names.(which is fine). We ought to figure out who is labeled "bust" and try to get him on the cheap.

Man would it be tight to have Wayne, but don't lose any sleep over it.

This is not a true need but Larry Triplett from the Colts would be a good pickup. The Colts gave Simon too big of a contract to resign Triplett. He is a good defensive tackle in case Salavea does not resign. Wayne is going to command top dollar on the market. Too rich for our cap. I hope we do the same thing we did a couple of years ago; instead of Kearse we got Griffin and Washington. This offseason I would like say Kampman and Edwards (or maybe Triplett) instead of Abraham.

Reggie Wayne is the real deal. Our offense would improve dramtically. Let's see what Jacobs does down the stretch before we waste all that money. If he shows some promise, we might be better off developing him. We have plenty of good #3s ( Patten, Jacobs, and Thrash ) at least.

Poor defensive line, so ridiculed. They looked better with Griff back in the mix. They got plenty of pressure on Brees if I recall. Plus, how can you not love Renaldo Wynn? OK OK, so a little help on the d-line would be nice.

We don't need any big name free agent wide outs. We need to improve the offensive system, which is currently extremely limited by a bad OL....not by bad wide outs. Do you guys think Gibbs is running so much max protect because it makes him giggle to see all those fat guys out there? He is doing it because if you don't "fumble!" is the outcome because defenders hit Mark damn near instantly.

This cracked me up.

I think that would be a good combo...Wayne and Moss would catapult our passing offense to elite status...I think we should push to get him and draft a DE...
Who do you think got the better deal out of all this?

Reggie Wayne

Pick was obtained from N.Y. Giants for D1-2001 (22nd overall), D3-2001 (91st overall) and D6-2001 (193rd overall).

By the way does anybody have a link to where I can actually take a look at the list of free agents for next year and a list from the possible players getting drafted in 2006 any help would be appreciated thanks.

I won't say wiide out is a dire need on this team till the season is over. I truely want to see what Jacobs does the rest of the year before I look to the free agent market. He's going to get the playing time to get up to speed now, so we should know for sure this season what we have..............

The Redskins need to learn how to win. Those of you who constantly suggest we are one, two or three players away just don't get it. Lavar said it yesterday on 980. "We need to show up expecting to win games insted of hoping to." I'm not saying there won't or shouldn't be some personel moves, but you make those types of moves in order to improve what you've already built, not as a means of saving a franchise.

cant afford em

yes we can. I'm sure we will be able to make room, by releasing some players and making cuts and getting some cap space. WE have to be able to make some key offseason aqusitions, that will make our defense and offense better. So i seriously think that with our owner, Mr. Syner, we will be able to affors him. No doubt. The question is, will we pick him up as a Solid #2 reciver to compliment moss?

Archived