Extremeskins

Must Get Wayne

method man

My Free Agent Wishlist (in this order)

1. Aaron Kampman

2. Reggie Wayne

3. Kalimba Edwards

4. Antawn Randle-El

5. Steve Hutchinson (put him next to Jansen and Portis will be amazing)

6. Aaron Shea

7. Antonio Bryant

What would be amazing if we somehow managed to trade Ramsey and a pick to the 9ers for Brandon Lloyd, who I think will be a star in this league.

1. The way the Packers have managed their personnel recently, I wouldn't be surprised if Kampman were let go. That would be a great pick up.

2. Entirely to much money, but only time will tell if this team doesn't pick him up.

3. As a South Carolina alumni, I would love to see Kalimba suit up in the burgandy and gold (he is one too)

4. Really, Randle-El? I know he can return some kicks, but he isn't that great as a WR

5. Hutchinson's deal will dwarf Thomas's, who three years later still got the richest deal for a guard. But I am a true believer that you can stick almost anybody behind a good O-line and make them great.

6. If the 1 and 3 don't come through, sure

7. We need a solid #2, Bryant could offer that.

I like the way Lloyd is developing to, but so do the Niners and the rest of the NFL. Everybody is starting to realize that he will put up some pretty good numbers. Plus, they got Alex Smith #1 last year, you don't trade the only guy on the team who can catch for another who can throw.

KING LEO,

Here is the FA list.

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/

Look, we do already have 4 good receivers but we have only 1 starting-quality receiver. Patten, Jacobs, and Thrash are all no. 3 receivers. I personally feel next season that we should use Jacobs as the no. 3 receiver next season, just because I think he will match up really well against nickelbacks. So, although we have a bunch of above-average receivers, we need a starting-caliber receiver.

My personal opinion on Wayne is that he will be a bust if you try to put him in as a no. 1 receiver. To me, he just doesn't seem to have no. 1 receiver abilities that I notice in other no. 1 receivers around the league. I feel, though, that he is the best no. 2 WR in the NFL. If we have the money to sign him, I'm willing to even overpay him a little. But I see the point of those who don't think we can sign him. If the Eagles are willing to cough up enough dough, unless Wayne realizes that he is a no. 2 WR, the Eagles will get him for sure.

I think Randle-El is out of Pitt for sure. You can just see from his sideline reactions that he is really frustrated that he isn't really involved at this point in the offense. However, I really do like Brandon Lloyd and Ernest Wilford. I think JAX will try to ship Wilford this offseason just to get Reggie Williams playing time. In my opinion, all Wilford lacks is straight-line speed and if it took a 3rd rounder to get him or Lloyd, I would do it.

I'm surprised no one else has really talked about our need for a starting TE. With the exception of Heath Miller and Jeremy Shockey, these guys usually take 2-3 years to develop (ie LJ Smith and Ben Troupe). Thus, we must get Aaron Shea in the offseason, who I think would come to us relatively cheap. While he isn't a great run blocker, he is a very good pass protector who has soft hands.

Shea and Randle El would be great pick ups in the offseason. Probably the only 2 things we would need to do on offense, aside for picking up depth on the OL which we can do in the draft. Portis, Moss, Randle El, Jacobs, Cooley, and Shea. We would have more weapons and open up alot of things. All I ask for on offense is a #2 WR, a TE that can catch, and a different play caller. We do those things and we will be dynamic. :2cents:

1. The way the Packers have managed their personnel recently, I wouldn't be surprised if Kampman were let go. That would be a great pick up.

2. Entirely to much money, but only time will tell if this team doesn't pick him up.

3. As a South Carolina alumni, I would love to see Kalimba suit up in the burgandy and gold (he is one too)

4. Really, Randle-El? I know he can return some kicks, but he isn't that great as a WR

5. Hutchinson's deal will dwarf Thomas's, who three years later still got the richest deal for a guard. But I am a true believer that you can stick almost anybody behind a good O-line and make them great.

6. If the 1 and 3 don't come through, sure

7. We need a solid #2, Bryant could offer that.

I like the way Lloyd is developing to, but so do the Niners and the rest of the NFL. Everybody is starting to realize that he will put up some pretty good numbers. Plus, they got Alex Smith #1 last year, you don't trade the only guy on the team who can catch for another who can throw.

I mean I think Roethlisberger focuses in a little too much on Hines Ward. Look at Plax. He left Pittsburgh and he is having a career season. If we can get Randle El relatively cheap, I say go for it.

My Free Agent Wishlist (in this order)

1. Aaron Kampman

2. Reggie Wayne

3. Kalimba Edwards

4. Antawn Randle-El

5. Steve Hutchinson (put him next to Jansen and Portis will be amazing)

6. Aaron Shea

7. Antonio Bryant

What would be amazing if we somehow managed to trade Ramsey and a pick to the 9ers for Brandon Lloyd, who I think will be a star in this league.

Ok, here is mine...

1. Aaron Kampman

2. Kyle Vanden Bosch

3. Antwan Randle-El

4. Aaron Shea

And that is all we need out of free agency.

That tandem - coupled with cooley roaming the middle - would make us a viable offense instantly

O baby!!! Not sure realistic the chances are of first Indy letting Wayne go, and then second us actually signing him. (He's prob gonna want a big deal, something prob only a little less than what Moss got last offseason, or possibly as much.)

I'm all for more "The U" players though! :D

Looking at the FA list this my wish list at the positions we need to upgrade(in order of which I think we should look at first)...

TE: Chris Baker, Aaron Shea, Terry Jones

DE: Darren Howard, Kalimba Edwards, Aaron Kampman

CB: Nate Clements, R.W. McQuarters, Jerry Azumah

WR: Ike Hilliard, David Givens, Joe Jurevicius

That's my list of Fa's we should look at this off-season...

I'd like us to sign Nate Clements as our big ticket FA and slide Springs to FS Taylor to SS and Clements and Rogers as our starters at CB...I would go after Kalimba Edwards as our mid level FA and Chris Baker and Ike Hilliard as our low level FA's...

What do you think?

I think we have a viable chance to sign Wayne. Sign him to an escalating deal (he gets paid what we can afford now and it escalate over time) that is incentive laden. Also, if the TE from MD is available in the draf PICK HIM UP!!! That guy is a BEAST!!

Pick up Mathis, Van den Bosch, Kampdan, or Edwards. Next go line happy in the draft and we will be set. If Snyder has money it can be done!!!

We don't need any big name free agent wide outs. We need to improve the offensive system, which is currently extremely limited by a bad OL....not by bad wide outs. Do you guys think Gibbs is running so much max protect because it makes him giggle to see all those fat guys out there? He is doing it because if you don't "fumble!" is the outcome because defenders hit Mark damn near instantly.

Improve the OL so that we can send 3 wide outs more often and the passing game will improve dramatically.

On the defensive side, we need MORE DL players not studs. We don't have any depth. Picking up some ok young guys and cycling the DL more during the game will improve the push....also getting rid of Blache wouldn't hurt.

well then, who do we get rid of? Who on the offensive line sucks?

Archived