Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring Andy Groom back please

Braz03

Im still pissed at rabach for the hold but why in the hell do we cut a punter who is punting the absolute hell out of the ball in preason for another rookie who is averaging 35 yards a punt. Thats what killed us against the chargers, when we needed a boot to change field position up, what do we get? another high 35 yarder from frost. This is rediculous we need to cut this guy and get andy groom back.

I think the reason was because Gibbs wasn't confident in Groom as a holder, frost has been good as a holder on made a good hold on a tough snap in one of our close wins, can't remember which one. I think that the back up QB should be the tought to hold, then you have a bigger threat of a fake, like the Giants did to us with Hasselbeck and cost us a time out in that terrible game this year

I think the reason was because Gibbs wasn't confident in Groom as a holder, frost has been good as a holder on made a good hold on a tough snap in one of our close wins, can't remember which one. I think that the back up QB should be the tought to hold, then you have a bigger threat of a fake, like the Giants did to us with Hasselbeck and cost us a time out in that terrible game this year

As sad as that sounds, I think you're right...

isn't the punter one of the major factors in a game determining field position? screw the holding side to it... you can teach any guy to hold the ball, including your back-up QB's, who should be doing it in the first place... but I'm sure Gibbs, just like he's scared to NOT be conservative and predictable, is scared he'll get his finger kicked off or something....

I was a little disappointed in the punting over the past few games.

It was clear vs. San Diego what we lacked. Their punter nailed one from their 20 to our 25 or 30...that's a BIG swing in field position and makes a difference over the course of a game. I would be willing to bet that when we punt from the 20 the opposition takes over around their 40 or 45...

Ok this seems almost too obvious, but why not have a WR do the holding? They have only three things to do in life....

1. Run

2. Catch a ball

3. Continue running.

They have the best hands, so why not?

Well, it's not too obvious...many teams have WRs do the holding. I don't know if you knew that and were asking why WE don't have WRs holding. If you were, then I don't know. :laugh:

Tupa is like how old? I mean come on, you all are hoping that this guy is like Daryl La Monica or someone. We need to think about drafting a punter in the late rounds or picking one up via FA signing. I will say that we should get Joe Theismann back and see if he can do a better job.

Archived