Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting soundbites on WTEM

jbooma

DT Griffen said, "Who cares about the past, we need to worry about the next 5 games, don't know why we are not winning, we need to play to win"

Then GW said on comcast that we need to play better on all sides of the ball in the clutch situations the offense, special teams, and defense"

Now is it a little strange that GW mentioned the offense first insted of the defense, and wondering what other players are feeling as well. It is clear the team is at a very interesting point.

Yes, he is plotting to overthrow the office of head coach.

:doh:

here goes bubba jumping off the loony bin :laugh:

what i meant is do other players feel the same and if so who, even lavar said today he has no clue why they are not winning, we can not blame the defense anymore

You could tell by Shawn Springs' attitude and comments in the locker room interview that he was PISSED off at the offense. In particular, his response to the question about focusing on the next 5 games, when he said something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing), "He11, 5 games...we can't even get through one.....he11, not even one quarter. We need to play consistently for 4 quarters." I heard that as a swipe at the offensive playcalling.

Man, he was mad as he11, and should have been!

what i meant is do other players feel the same and if so who, even lavar said today he has no clue why they are not winning, we can not blame the defense anymore

No, we can't blame the D exclusively, but they have no right to start thinking they don't deserve their share of the blame.

They've played fine over the past couple games. Not great, but fine. They've held two very good offenses in check but have given up 4th quarter leads in both games.

I understand that you can't always expect them to keep it up for 4 quarters, but facts are facts and our offense has handed them 4 4th quarter leads in the last 3 games that they've failed to hold. Period.

Offense, defense, and special teams should all be accepting their share of the blame for this streak. I do like Griffin's quote though...forget the past and focus on a 5 game season.

You could tell by Shawn Springs' attitude and comments in the locker room interview that he was PISSED off at the offense. In particular, his response to the question about focusing on the next 5 games, when he said something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing), "He11, 5 games...we can't even get through one.....he11, not even one quarter. We need to play consistently for 4 quarters." I heard that as a swipe at the offensive playcalling.

Man, he was mad as he11, and should have been!

I didn't hear it, but I don't think a man on a defensive unit who gives up a 2-play TD drive to lose the game in OT would be taking a swipe at the offense. This is the same group that stayed supportive over a 16-game stretch last year where they received virtually no offensive support and played better as a defense.

This year, there are a handful of losses that you could blame exclusively on them where they didn't pick the offense up (Denver, KC, and Tampa).

The defensive coaches and players have every right to call the offense out after this last game. 3/14 on third downs? Are you sh!tting me?

Didn't they give the Chargers the ball 6 times in the 4th quarter? Thats horrible offense. I'd love to hear Joe Gibbs, Joe Bugel and Mark Brunell take the blame for this loss.. but they probably won't.

They've played fine over the past couple games. Not great, but fine. They've held two very good offenses in check but have given up 4th quarter leads in both games.

Right... they gave up small... 1 score leads in the 4th quarter.

And in both games... against 2 good offensive teams... they gave up 16 and 17 TOTAL (not including overtime) respectively.

And you want to crap on the defense? Give me a break.

Right. So all is well if he says defense first instead. Okay. Right. I'll get the hang of this read between the lines thing yet.

I would say I was more interested in what Griffen said not GW, or i would have posted his first, so there is no lines here :)

And in both games... against 2 good offensive teams... they gave up 16 and 17 TOTAL (not including overtime) respectively.

:cheers::cheers:

When you give up less then 20 points in 4 quarters to San Diego and Oakland at home you have to win this games.

The redskins have not scored more then 21 points in 8 games this year, that is a pattern.

I didn't "crap" on anything. I simply stated the team lost these games...not just the offense.

DT Griffen said, "Who cares about the past, we need to worry about the next 5 games, don't know why we are not winning, we need to play to win"

Then GW said on comcast that we need to play better on all sides of the ball in the clutch situations the offense, special teams, and defense"

Now is it a little strange that GW mentioned the offense first insted of the defense, and wondering what other players are feeling as well. It is clear the team is at a very interesting point.

I would say I was more interested in what Griffen said not GW, or i would have posted his first, so there is no lines here :)

Right. Which is why you mentioned specifically GW's statements and not Griffen's. Definately not important in which order things are said.

I didn't hear it, but I don't think a man on a defensive unit who gives up a 2-play TD drive to lose the game in OT would be taking a swipe at the offense. This is the same group that stayed supportive over a 16-game stretch last year where they received virtually no offensive support and played better as a defense.

This year, there are a handful of losses that you could blame exclusively on them where they didn't pick the offense up (Denver, KC, and Tampa).

No Offense , But did you watch the game yesterday? The Defense definately did thier part. I mean when you spend something like 12 minutes of the 4th quarter on the field.. What do you expect?

Right. Which is why you mentioned specifically GW's statements and not Griffen's. Definately not important in which order things are said.

I can see why you thought that, but I was more interested in what Griffin had to say, mainly because he hasn't been playing the last couple of games and been observing from the sideline.

There now you can tell what I meant :laugh:

it is called "sarcasm"... it is used when you want to ridicule a silly point made by someone.

one again you are twisting what was being said to try and stir up a horents nest that is not there.

Is there anyone who watched the game didn't see the Skins offense go 3 & out time & time again in the 4th quarter, 0r after getting an intercetion, proceed to go backwards out of fg range? Didn't special teams let SD several times get good field position when we needed to pin them deep? and didn't the defense finally wear out in the 4th quarter, allowing LT to start rolling?

It was breakdowns in all three phases. and most people say offense first when referring to each side of the ball.

Jbooma threads.... much ado about nothing

it is called "sarcasm"... it is used when you want to ridicule a silly point made by someone.

one again you are twisting what was being said to try and stir up a horents nest that is not there.

Is there anyone who watched the game didn't see the Skins offense go 3 & out time & time again in the 4th quarter, 0r after getting an intercetion, proceed to go backwards out of fg range? Didn't special teams let SD several times get good field position when we needed to pin them deep? and didn't the defense finally wear out in the 4th quarter, allowing LT to start rolling?

It was breakdowns in all three phases. and most people say offense first when referring to each side of the ball.

Jbooma threads.... much ado about nothing

Bubba I am not twisting anything he said we need to play to win, we only play to not lose and it is apparent because the offense is so predictable in the 4th quarters. When you have a 10 point lead in the 4th you should win. All we needed was one FG yesterday to seal the win and we couldn't even get first downs :doh:

The reason our defense failed at the end is the offense was not able to give them a break, when you keep giving SD the ball in good field position you are going to get burned.

Griffen said what everyone else knows, hopefully the coaches listen.

If we force the issue and put the game in our hands the last three weeks instead of being 0-3 we are 3-0 but we don't. We crawl into a cave and hope portis can pound 10 yards on 3 plays when EVERYONE on the D knows he is getting the ball.

Jesus! Listening to Coach Gibbs press conference today, he still doesn't seem to get it when it comes to the "why do you get so conservative in the 2nd half" question. If he can't even acknowledge it, geez....

because ... HE DIDN"T. He did nothing different play calling in the fourth as he did in the first three quarters when we had a 10 point lead. The difference was the players stopped executing.

The Chargers where playing deep to take away moss, Royal dropped a big 3rd down pass that would have been a big gainer, Brunell threw the ball away on 3rd down, when Moss was open on the side lines, he ran out of bounds another third down, with Cooley open in front of him.

because ... HE DIDN"T. He did nothing different play calling in the fourth as he did in the first three quarters when we had a 10 point lead. The difference was the players stopped executing.

The Chargers where playing deep to take away moss, Royal dropped a big 3rd down pass that would have been a big gainer, Brunell threw the ball away on 3rd down, when Moss was open on the side lines, he ran out of bounds another third down, with Cooley open in front of him.

My god you sound like Andy Polly now :doh:

Why was Royal even in the game after the first couple of drops and even the 5 he had in one game. Bubba don't you see we are too predictable in the 4th quarter when we have the lead. Even Parcells now still throws the ball when ahead, Gibbs needs to learn that teams can score in a minute now, so milking the clock is only good if you put up points while doing it.

My god you sound like Andy Polly now :doh:

Why was Royal even in the game after the first couple of drops and even the 5 he had in one game. Bubba don't you see we are too predictable in the 4th quarter when we have the lead. Even Parcells now still throws the ball when ahead, Gibbs needs to learn that teams can score in a minute now, so milking the clock is only good if you put up points while doing it.

more bs, a couple weeks ago the defense was hurting us, the past couple weeks the offense. so

So tell me what was the differense in play calling from the first 3 quarters and the 4th?

nothing just player exececution.... if our offense has been so predictable .. why have we been in the top ten almost all season?, Why is Santana Moss already over a thousand yards with 6 TDs at game 11? Maybe teams are doubling him now because Patten and Thrash are hurt? Maybe? While Rock had a nice 13 yard TD run yesterday... missing Betts the past 2 weeks has hurt the return game, and the passing game, He is another weapon defenses had to plan for.

nope it is all Gibbs coaching and play calling

No Offense , But did you watch the game yesterday? The Defense definately did thier part. I mean when you spend something like 12 minutes of the 4th quarter on the field.. What do you expect?

None taken...I sure did watch the game. I saw us execute a gameplan for 3 quarters and then stop executing in the 4th quarter. Also, I don't think it's too much to ask a football TEAM to share the blame during a 3 game losing streak in which we've surrendered 3 4th quarter leads. I've never once said the D is the one to blame, but they've let us down too.

Archived