Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does 11-5 Insure A Playoff Spot?

jaydean

Somebody will lose some games so 10-6 will be good enough considering our NFC record so far. But the Redskins need to beat SD first and then win 4 of 5 which doesn't seem likely with the way they have played lately.

Since the question was does 11-5 INSURE a playoff spot, you can only assume the other teams will lose to us or in games that are head to head. To consider it a SURE playoff spot, you need to consider the worst case. Though I'm pretty sure we could be 9-6 going into the final game of the season and have a wild-card all but locked down.

I believe Sellers is out for the SD game and if that us the case it will hurt us, especially in the Red Zone where he has come up big this year. The loss of Patten and Thrash is going to further tax Brunell in finding an open target. Moss will get double teamed all day long. Taylor Jacobs needs to step up now! I hope Farris, who did well in pre-season can display some of the same pass catching ability he displayed in the Summer!

this question kills me, as a lifelong Skins fan....you really think this team is going to win six in a row?

I hate to say this but at this point I see nothing on either side of the ball that would indicate that we can go 6-0 or 5-1. If anything we have regressed in the last 2 weeks losing 2 games in which we were favored. Good teams find ways to win and we lost to a TB team with a shaky rookie QB and then turn around and lose a close game to of all people Norv Turner!!! The Raiders are not that good folks and they held our offence without a TD!

I hope to GOD I am wrong and we go 6-0 the rest of the way but we have to start with the SD game and remain consistent the next week, which for the most part we look good 1 week and horrible the next. I don't see how we are going to get on a roll with our best def lineman hurt and our #2 receiver that gave us speed to go along with Santana's speed out for the year! T Jacobs so far has been a bust. The offensive line has regressed and last week against the Raiders it looked like a jailbreak!!!

No 11-5 team has ever sat out the playoffs. So there is your answer.

P.S. if you are suggesting that our 5 and 5 team can run the table after displaying a propensity for fumbling, getting interceptions at key moments, being penalized just as they have a long gain and a first down, and after dropping countless passes....if you're really suggesting running the table with that team, then....

You better have that bump on your head looked at. That was a nasty fall.

I bet you were one of the ones that went to bed durring that Monday Night game against Dallas. Never loose faith in a Gibbs team man. This isnt like the Turner days.;)

Actually no, I live overseas now and the game was actually a Tuesday morning game for me and I got to listen to it on the net. I kept the game on but didn't expect anything good to happen in the final 4 minutes and from reading the game thread that day nobody else expected anything either.

I think its obvious that this team looks nothing like a team about to bust out a 5 of 6 or a complete 6 game sweep. Anybody who actually expects that to happen probably gets let down a lot in life.

Guest GibbSkins11

11-5 division title

10-6 division title , as long as we beat dallas and nyg , wild card 50/50

9-7 maybe wild card

8-8 another sad janurary

My head tells me a 11-5 record will put us In. But my heart says 9-7 .

Skins-21

Bolts-17

Thats my head score. We beat them then the door is open. My heart tells me to be ready for a bad loss. Would love to be wrong, trying to keep some faith but It's hard. :helmet:

The best this team can do is 4-2 over the last 6 games and 3-3 is more likely. There is no way in hell we are going to win 6 straight games. We will probably end up 8-8 and look towards next year yet again.

Even if we finish 9-7 we will not make the playoffs. Let's just assume for a moment that the Seahawks and Bears win there divisions. That leaves the Panthers, Buccs and the Falcons fighting for there division. One team wins the other two fight for the two wild card spots. They have all won 7 games by the way.

We will also have either the Giants or the Cowboys both of them 7 game winners right now fighting for a wild card when the other team wins the division. That means 3 very good teams are fighting for those 2 spots and we are 1 1/2 - 2 games behind all 3 teams right now.

The Vikings are also a 5-5 team, so that makes 4 teams fighting for the 2 wild card spots. So what are the odds that 3 of the 4 teams fall flat on there faces? Also remember we lose the tie breaker to Tampa. That games is going to come back to haunt us.

Our only saving grace is we are 5-2 in the NFC and that does put us ahead of the Falcons right now. We would need the Buccs and the Giants to win there divisions and tie the Cowboys, Falcons and Panthers with a 9-7 record. Then maybe we win the tiebrakers.

This means the Boys, Falcons, Panthers and Vikings all must go 2-4 and we go 4-2 the rest of the way beating Dallas at home. Do you really think 3 of the 4 are going to go 2-4 the rest of the way?

Even though today we play an AFC team we must win to keep us in the running. We should win the 2 games after the Chargers. That makes the last 3 Divisional games so damn important. I see us going 2-1 over the next 3 games putting us at 7-6 going into the last 3.

Archived