Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Let's Be Pessimisstic" Thread...

Aluadan

Check your spelling youngan, I understand you just left high school. But seven is correct I give your credit when I am wrong but the point is their is more defenders in the secondary to COVER. With only four rushing and 5 people blocking, who is going to win that battle young man since you are good with math.

I just asked my friends Merriam and Webster. They're saying it's imbecile.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/imbecile

For comparison:

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/embicile

EDIT: Anyway, TK 421's strongly suggesting we call a truce. I'm extending an olive branch, we're all Skins fans here.

Gibbs, while always conservative, use to go for the throat when he had an opponent on the ropes (how many bombs did we connect on in 1991?). Now he lets them hang around. When you try to win close, you are going to lose some close ones. As poorly as we played, we took a 13-3 lead into the half. Then we get shutout in the second half. Are crossing patterns or three step drop & deliver the slant even in our playbook? Everything but for the WR screen is slow in developing.

And the D was awful as well. Why we decided to put this game on our D after their showing last week is beyond me, but we did. Up 13-3, give up a 50-yd TD. Up 13-10, give-up an 87 yard drive. Tied at 13-13, don't tighten until inside the one. As frustrating is that we are back in that play well on down one and down two, give-in on third down routine again. Reality, Kerry Collins and Chris Simms have beaten us this year... Wow

Guest sith lord
So at what point do the coaches ever get blamed for anything?

If this was anybody other than Gibbs, everybody would be ripping him a new one.

Never. Coach Gibbs decision-making this year, not necessarily all the playcalling but those IMPORTANT moments in games that decide them, has been lackluster. If any other coach pulled some of the things he's pulled, they'd get fried on this board.

Well, when multiple coaches fail over an extended period of time, it gets harder and harder to blame them.

Joe Gibbs, Joe Bugel, Gregg Williams, and Greg Blache are great coaches. If they can't do well, I'm inclined to suspect our players are the problem. And the performance on the field has validated my suspicions.

Well, when multiple coaches fail over an extended period of time, it gets harder and harder to blame them.

Joe Gibbs, Joe Bugel, Gregg Williams, and Greg Blache are great coaches. If they can't do well, I'm inclined to suspect our players are the problem. And the performance on the field has validated my suspicions.

However, to some degree, the caliber of players that are brung into this system are a reflection of the wants of the coaches. For example, guys like Daniels, Harris and Holdman were brung in without question, due to the presence of a coach such as Blache.

You can't just pin the blame on the players.

Sorry but once you said Cooley fumbles too much I stopped reading. Let me see those numbers cause I hope you meant to reorganise your thoughts and say that Brunell fumbles too much.

This comes down to accountability my friend. Bottom line, The Coach and his assistants are accountable during game time.

If this was anybody other than Gibbs, everybody would be ripping him a new one.

Thank you, i'm pretty sure you'll get blasted for saying this but its true and I give you credit for having the balls to say it.

If this was Norv Turner or Spurrier coaching the Skins right now we'd be calling for their head.

But because its Gibbs we don't, we are in awe of him because of the past.

He was out of football for 11 years guys, the game is different.

Do you honestly think Gibbs is one of the top 5 coaches in the league? He's probably not even in the top 10.

What was the name of the defensive cord. we had?? Marvin Lewis, man sure would be nice to have him.

Sorry but once you said Cooley fumbles too much I stopped reading. Let me see those numbers cause I hope you meant to reorganise your thoughts and say that Brunell fumbles too much.

This comes down to accountability my friend. Bottom line, The Coach and his assistants are accountable during game time.

Cooley does fumble too much. He has only lost two fumbles, but he has had a number of other fumbles that we recovered, like the one in the Eagles game or the one today.

Well if you want to blame the players, and the lack of talent on the team then it STILL falls on the coaches.

Gibbs is essentially the GM of this team. Him and Williams hand picked all the guys on this team, and weeded out the ones they didn't want.

The players that are here are only here because the coaches wanted them here.

Archived