Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Let's Be Pessimisstic" Thread...

Aluadan

I hate the direction the Redskins are going in. We have an aging coach that I don't see sticking around long enough to where we can build for the future under him. We are playing a 36 year old QB like we are some sort of contenders when we odviously are not.

We are putting the future of the Redskins on the back burner so we can finish seasons 8-8.

I don't like it and I just want the losing to stop and thats not going to happen until we make a real comittment to the future.

Guest sith lord
What mistakes did he make today?? The punt on 4th and 1 was a questionable decision, but at the time it was the right one.

He passes when he should run and run when he should pass way to often. He kept throwing to Jacobs down the sideline, time after time, even though he was consistantly covered. He punted on 4th and 1 when our offense was moving the ball. Parcells would of went for it and got it. Dating back to last year, his playcalling in the final minutes have left a lot to be desired.

I'm sorry. But it is, what it is.

Well if you want to blame the players, and the lack of talent on the team then it STILL falls on the coaches.

Gibbs is essentially the GM of this team. Him and Williams hand picked all the guys on this team, and weeded out the ones they didn't want.

The players that are here are only here because the coaches wanted them here.

2 years isn't enough time to bring in the players Gibbs wanted, especially considering our dire cap situation.

The GM of this team is and always has been Dan Snyder. Cerrato is just a yes man.

the talent of our players isan't good? please.

the redskins organization, for hte last 10 years, has always had the talent level to succeed. It always the coaches that mess us up. And right now, im starting to believe that that is the problem now as well.

Sure the coaches have somewhat to do with this but they are not the ones turning over the football.

This may be the one thing that stands out in all our losses. :mad:

He passes when he should run and run when he should pass way to often. He kept throwing to Jacobs down the sideline, time after time, even though he was consistantly covered. He punted on 4th and 1 when our offense was moving the ball. Parcells would of went for it and got it. Dating back to last year, his playcalling in the final minutes have left a lot to be desired.

I'm sorry. But it is, what it is.

What it is is fans refusing to realize the lack of talent on this team.

First off, Brunell made the decisions to throw to Jacobs, not Gibbs. But even if Gibbs had made the decision, it was a forced decision. Team's are triple covering Santana Moss, and Cooley has to block alot of the time because of Samuels.

"He passes when he should run and run when he should pass." This says it all about the caliber of our fans.

I hate the direction the Redskins are going in. We have an aging coach that I don't see sticking around long enough to where we can build for the future under him. We are playing a 36 year old QB like we are some sort of contenders when we odviously are not.

We are putting the future of the Redskins on the back burner so we can finish seasons 8-8.

I don't like it and I just want the losing to stop and thats not going to happen until we make a real comittment to the future.

We need to discontinue the distressing trend of consistently trading draft picks each season.

the talent of our players isan't good? please.

the redskins organization, for hte last 10 years, has always had the talent level to succeed. It always the coaches that mess us up. And right now, im starting to believe that that is the problem now as well.

No offense, but good players dont cough up the rock at the rate ours do. They are ok players, but thats it!

The coaches are making every person lose confidence in the Redskins because we don't GO for ANYTHING.

You may not like it, but keeping extra men in to block is the smartest decision Gibbs could make. Going for it by putting more receivers in routes would just leave Brunell out there to dry. He would get killed.

We need to discontinue the distressing trend of consistently trading draft picks each season.

This is a very smart post. Building through the draft is a necessity, and we have been treating our picks like a day trader treats his stocks. We need to treasure our picks and stop giving them away to teams like the Broncos in questionable trades.

Guest sith lord
What it is is fans refusing to realize the lack of talent on this team.

First off, Brunell made the decisions to throw to Jacobs, not Gibbs. But even if Gibbs had made the decision, it was a forced decision. Team's are triple covering Santana Moss, and Cooley has to block alot of the time because of Samuels.

"He passes when he should run and run when he should pass." This says it all about the caliber of our fans.

Who calls the plays? Gibbs or Brunnell? And how do you know the pass plays to Jacobs weren't called by Gibbs? And he's the one who has assembled this "lack of talent" team.

I think the first post in this thread mistakes talent for performance.

At the skill positions the Redskins have talented players (outside of DE).

What these players have not done the past couple of weeks and in earlier losses this season is play consistent, focused football for 60 minutes.

On defense, the loss of Griffin is critical because he is the team's only threat on the DL. He takes up the double team and allows the other players to have more favorable matchups.

It is perhaps a justifiable criticism of the team that we didn't do anything in the offseason to address depth on the DL. Not one move.

No picks in the draft. No free agents.

With Noble out for the year and Griffin out week to week, that weakness has been exposed.

The pressure the Redskins got off the edge last year from the corners and safeties is not getting there as teams are moving to better protection schemes for the qbs on third down and are running shorter drops.

Simms and Collins were able to get the ball off against rushes where the Skins had TWO players coming in unblocked.

The point is that those players were defensive backs coming in from the center of the field, not down linemen who are just a couple of steps away from the passer.

On the other side of the ball, Bugel has to take some heat for the Redskins offensive line and pass protection schemes allowing Simeon Rice and Derrick Burgess to have season best games against the Redskins.

The line is perhaps the healthiest part of the team. It could have been a rallying cry after the 5-3 start. Instead it has been one of the spots that seems to need shoring up.

Who calls the plays? Gibbs or Brunnell? And how do you know the pass plays to Jacobs weren't called by Gibbs? And he's the one who has assembled this "lack of talent" team.

What exactly would you do when your only good receiver is triple covered, and you have to use your tight ends to block???

Throwing it to Jacobs in man coverage was the right decision. The problem is that Jacobs sucks, not the play call.

On the other side of the ball, Bugel has to take some heat for the Redskins offensive line and pass protection schemes allowing Simeon Rice and Derrick Burgess to have season best games against the Redskins.

The line is perhaps the healthiest part of the team. It could have been a rallying cry after the 5-3 start. Instead it has been one of the spots that seems to need shoring up.

Don't forget Jared Allen, who had 3 sacks when we played him, or Osi Umenyiora, who had 2 sacks against us. Simeon Rice had 2 sacks last week, and Burgess did well today.

I'm not sure about Burgess, who I believe played on both sides of the line, but what do the other 3 players have in common?? They lined up against Chris Samuels exclusively.

The other 4 offensive linemen are fine. The right side of the line is where we always run it, behind Jansen, Thomas, and sometimes a pulling Dockery. Rabach has been a great pickup.

Samuels stinks.

It seems to me that you don't know what team is going to show up.Last week our offense puts up 35 points and our defense played like crap.This week our defense plays well enough for us to win if we could score touchdowns instead of fieldgoals but our offense plays like crap.The playcalling was disgusting.I swear to God I can't get a grasp of the mentality of this team.What the hell were they thinking?:mad: :(

For me, the journey is over.

Thank you for the past 11 weeks, where you gave us hope that we were a legitimate team. The next six weeks are, in all reality, just another six weeks to disappoint and frustrate. :(

No longer will I be getting out of bed at 4.30am on a Monday morning and log in to GameCentre, just to see you dominate the first half, then forget to turn up for the second. Last week, you didn't front for the first half, but dominated the second. With that, seeing as though you only play 1/2 a game each week, maybe you all should hand back half your salary.

We are approaching summer here in Australia, so I'm sure I can find better things to do with my time. I will continue to support the Redskins, but really, I can do without the heartbreak.

Again, thanks (for nothing), good luck for the rest of the season, but I'll be back next pre-season with hope and anticipation that, as a team, you finally get it all together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A tongue-in-cheek letter from another disappointed fan.

I suppose it could be worse - we could be the Iggles!

Archived