Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Let's Be Pessimisstic" Thread...

Aluadan

Let's see just how many times we can throw the ball on the go route on the left sideline and EVERY time he's completely covered. Why not just take a knee instead of running that play, keep your recievers from running out of breath running a useless route.

Now someone needs to pass the Joe the memo that you play to win the game. Ball on the 40 early in the game where we could have possibly gone up big, only had to gain a few inches and we punt. Nice call there, I think the net gain was maybe 25 yards.

Oh, btw, Gregg, that RB out of the backfield, you may want to put a defender on him after the 10th pass he caught, just a thought. But hey, what do fans know.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree and pin this one on the coaching staff. We had absolutely no answer for their passing game in the entire second half. At the same time, we did NOTHING to move the ball on offense.

The two drives that KILLED me were the two that immediately followed Oakland's tying FG. A shade under 8:00 to go in the game...do we re-establish the run and go on a mythodical march down the field? Nope, three incompletions and a punt...took up about 20 seconds. Somehow their RBs forget how to catch so we get another shot with the score still tied. First down, Portis gets 5 yards...then two straight incompletions and a punt.

You have got to be kidding me!! That's inexcusable. I never thought I'd see Joe Gibbs give up on the run in a tie ballgame!

i agree. throw it to santana even if he just has a half-step on the guy.

Sigh, don't throw it to Moss if he's double covered on that go route, that was my point because it's just a wasted play every single time. And goddamn, would Gibbs and Co. take a hint from Norv about how to use a RB out of the backfield to catch passes instead of leaving him in to block every single play. We got destroyed by swing passes the entire 4th quarter. It would certainly be nice to do the same time someone else at some point.

Can someone please explain to me how do you allow Joey Porter, who was at one time the number one receiver in Oakland, be covered by a LB down the field. I can understand underneath passes but down the field. Secondly, what kind of pressure was he trying to put on Collins who through the deep ball very well. Last time I checked you must have time to throw the deep ball. Blitz Gregg, blitz. Lamont Jordan being wide open coming out of the backfield on every single passing play I really do not understand that one.3rd down and 2 and why in the blue hell are the Skins throwing balls to Taylor Jacobs does not make too much sense to me neither or just simply just trying to get 2 yards so the Skins can have four more downs, I do not see what their logic was on that play. Or with 6 minutes left in the game and the Skins are tied, the Skins throw the ball 3 straight times instead of running the ball and then setting up the pass. For almost 4 weeks, the Skins have been giving up big plays with what I see is scheme flaws. Gregg Williams has been exposed, and if he does not adapt soon, and I do mean soon, he should be fired after this year.

Ill agree that the play calling was suspect. But there were also some plays where the players could have done much better also - everyone lost this game IMO.

Gibbs is talking on the post game show - the usual "they played their guts out". I like Joe and will always be a Skins fan - but I guess I am getting a little tired of watching my team fight their guts out and still lose.

Defense gets NO pressure at all on the QB, Offense turned it over AGAIN and today could not move the ball much at all. This is obviously a pattern.... And unfortunately losing will become a pettern as well if things don't change.

I don't want to turn this into a ****ing session, but I also don't understand why we don't drag Moss or Jacobs across the middle and try to hit them as they cross the field and let them run with it. They either are running a fly route or turn all the way back to Brunell.

The offense likely hasn't changed that much from last year. We have more explosiveness and the blocking is usually better and Brunell is healthier but that's about it.

Then again, maybe something IS out there but the QB decides not to throw it there for whatever reason.

You're right! Fire him! It couldn't be because coverage broke down...couldn't have anything to do with the players...It's gotta be GW...he's gotta go...

Jackass...

Also, we got more pressure on the QB today than we normally get.

But GW's gotta go, right....

Jackass...

You're right! Fire him! It couldn't be because coverage broke down...couldn't have anything to do with the players...It's gotta be GW...he's gotta go...

Jackass...

Also, we got more pressure on the QB today than we normally get.

But GW's gotta go, right....

Jackass...

:laugh:

yeh, doesn't everyone know that every bad play is a direct consequence of gregg williams? he's a horrible linebacker.

Can someone please explain to me how do you allow Joey Porter, who was at one time the number one receiver in Oakland, be covered by a LB down the field. I can understand underneath passes but down the field. Secondly, what kind of pressure was he trying to put on Collins who through the deep ball very well. Last time I checked you must have time to throw the deep ball. Blitz Gregg, blitz. Lamont Jordan being wide open coming out of the backfield on every single passing play I really do not understand that one.3rd down and 2 and why in the blue hell are the Skins throwing balls to Taylor Jacobs does not make too much sense to me neither or just simply just trying to get 2 yards so the Skins can have four more downs, I do not see what their logic was on that play. Or with 6 minutes left in the game and the Skins are tied, the Skins throw the ball 3 straight times instead of running the ball and then setting up the pass. For almost 4 weeks, the Skins have been giving up big plays with what I see is scheme flaws. Gregg Williams has been exposed, and if he does not adapt soon, and I do mean soon, he should be fired after this year.

The defense held the Raiders to 16 points despite multiple turnovers in crucial situations. We wouldn't have a touchdown today without Lemar Marshall's interception return. By the way, why are you even mentioning the offense in a thread about Gregg Williams?

I said the same thing to my brother when Jansen missed his block and the game was over. Gibbs called his worst game this year. Where's the bootleg to Cooley, or Sellers? Where's the 7-12 yard split the zones passes? We abandoned the run to early and tried to force a big play down field when they were not giving us anything. The OL played terrible as well.

Archived