Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its a fumble, please don't call it down by contact...

qb18_200400

when there is a fumble in a game, and the refs call it down by contact, no one has a chance to challenge it.

I thought Jordon fumbled, but maybe not. But what I'm saying is, I don't understand why, even if is clearly not a fumble but the ball still comes out, the refs need to call it a fumble and let teams use their challenges. It should really be a rule by the refs. It just seems unfair when they say "down by contact" and we can see on replays that the player fumbled.

when there is a fumble in a game, and the refs call it down by contact, no one has a chance to challenge it.

I thought Jordon fumbled, but maybe not. But what I'm saying is, I don't understand why, even if is clearly not a fumble but the ball still comes out, the refs need to call it a fumble and let teams use their challenges. It should really be a rule by the refs. It just seems unfair when they say "down by contact" and we can see on replays that the player fumbled.

The goal line fumble? Wasnt a fumble. No point in talking about it, the redskins are a ****ty team. As usual, we have to wait till next year

At a certain point, the continual pointing to the referees as the bane of our problems is a little like saying a festering, infected wound is not healing because its not covered up.

We lose because we beat ourselves. If we did not beat ourselves then we would not be in a position to let the referees beat us. The Raiders are not a good enough team to be that close to the Redskins at their best.

the Redskins ultimately lost vs. the Bucs and Raiders because they didn't make enough plays over 60 minutes. to blame it all on the refs or a significant portion in this case is off base.

the Redskins went into the locker room with a 13-3 lead and came out in the second half and did zilch.

they were outscored 13-0.

no sense of urgency. no playmaking. nobody stepping up to help win this game at home and keep the team in the hunt.

I think that call was pretty big. That rule does need to change, that's for sure. Hell if the refs don't even know, then don't rule it down. The ball came out of his hand before it was down. That play led to the go-ahead score, so it was obviously a critical call.

The only reason it seemed like we got the "benefit" in calls today was because Oakland is worse in discipline than we are and had a lot more mistakes. Our flags were legit, just as their's were (except for holding, I scratch my head after every game).

The pi call before the fumble seemed like the right call to me...the receiver has to see the ball to catch it, that's a fact of reality, or he wouldn't know the ball was there. The other guy came over top and clocked him in the helmet. On every pass to a reciever in the nfl, the reciever sees the ball before it gets to them. I don't see why people think we got away with murder on that one.

Yes, but he put the ball on on the ground and the when his arm hit is when the ball came out. Meaning, he was down by contact.

no it doesn't the ground can cause a fumble if the player is NOT down... he wasn't so it was a live football. But the ball was stripped as he was falling down by a redskin player.

but again as bad as the offense was playing, we would have gotten a safety anyways :(

I really hope that you are not implying that that play was the deciding factor of the game. Please! When are people going to stop blaming the refs, the offense did not show up. Period. You cannot win like that. It is the usally recipe -- turnovers, droped balls and three and outs.

It should have never came down to this. Ryan Clark had a fumble recovery in his hands a few plays before this. How the hell did the Oakland running back wrestle the ball away from him?? Ryan needs more work in the weight room.
I agree, Ryan should've had that ball no question, but Zach Crockett is a very big boy....

the Redskins ultimately lost vs. the Bucs and Raiders because they didn't make enough plays over 60 minutes. to blame it all on the refs or a significant portion in this case is off base.

the Redskins went into the locker room with a 13-3 lead and came out in the second half and did zilch.

they were outscored 13-0.

no sense of urgency. no playmaking. nobody stepping up to help win this game at home and keep the team in the hunt.

Exactly!!! If the offense had done its job then this shouldn't have been an issue, kind of like the San Fran kick/punt return for a TD at the end of the game a few weeks ago. The team did its job during the game by putting enough points up so this wasn't a crucial factor in the outcome, which should have been the situation today.

Archived