Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DT/DE free agents.... Who should we target?!

illone

Did Bush mislead Americans about the "Imminent Threat" Hussein posed?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bush mislead Americans about the "Imminent Threat" Hussein posed?

We should go after Aaron Kampman of Green Bay. They are rebuilding so they will likely let him go. He is the kind of guy that GW can turn into a star. He isn't a big name but he plays his heart out and he can pass rush too. Plus we could get him relatively cheap. He could be a big steal.

As far as the draft. How about trading one of our current lineman or Patrick Ramsey and our 2nd round pick to get into the first round. Maybe we could get Kiwanka from BC or Tapp from VT or one of the other studs. The way we are playing now our current first pick may be in the late 2nd round and I doubt any of those guys drop that far. I say we trade up with Ramsey or a current d-line man and go after some young talent.

its funny how some of those guys are people we cut before. we have the same problem

with pass rushers as we do with qbs, perform now or we'll run you out of town. :laugh:

from that list i like.

Buffalo: DE Ryan Denney; DT Justin Bannan

New York Jets: DE John Abraham

Indianapolis: DE Raheem Brock; DT Larry Tripplett; DE Robert Mathis (RFA)

Tennessee: DE Kyle Vanden Bosch

Arizona: DE Ross Kolodziej; DE Antonio Cochran; DE Kenny King (RFA); DT Langston Moore (RFA); DE R-Kal Truluck

Free agency is tough because there is no middle class. The best thing to do is build through the draft. But if we had the money, I would say Larry Tripplett, and John Abraham. But I think Indy will resign Tripplet and the rest of their D Line.

1) Make a Ramsey for Abraham deal -- Jets get their QB, and we get a legitimate pass rusher.

2) Jerry Azumah from Chicago would be a beast of a Nickle Back. Young too.

3) Draft DE/DT with first pick (2nd rounder :doh: )

4) K Edwards DE Lions - another up and coming lineman we could use. Young.

Harris out. Holdman for depth. Daniels for depth. Wynn for depth.

:point2sky

I don't know how feasable these moves would be though, based on the cap.

1) Make a Ramsey for Abraham deal -- Jets get their QB, and we get a legitimate pass rusher.

2) Jerry Azumah from Chicago would be a beast of a Nickle Back. Young too.

3) Draft DE/DT with first pick (2nd rounder :doh: )

4) K Edwards DE Lions - another up and coming lineman we could use. Young.

Harris out. Holdman for depth. Daniels for depth. Wynn for depth.

:point2sky

I don't know how feasable these moves would be though, based on the cap.

I don't think Abraham for Ramsey would be realistic, but if the Jets DO find someone to give them a first for him, they may be willing to give us a 2nd for Ramsey, which we could use on the D-line.

As I mentioned, I'd like to see us try to pry Bert Berry away from the Cards in exchange for Ramsey, then go after Tripplett from Indy. - Indy has what, 3 D-linemen plus Edge and Wayne as FA's this year, so somebody will slip through the cracks.

Then, with our 1st 2 picks, get one CB to replace Walt Harris and 1 DT to begin grooming for the future, as Noble might not return and Salvea is in his 30's.

If we could also land another DE like Vanden Bosch, that'd be ideal too, not to mention there's always the surprise cuts from other teams.

We need to make a play for John Abraham. Give this guy the big contract he needs, oh and BTW throw in a 15 sack incentive for him, he'll achieve it.

Mathis from Indy is not the guy you want to spend big money on.

I watched Daryl Tapp this weekend, not sure if he is the type of player that would fit in here. If we ran a 3-4 formation a bit more then he'd be perfect as he's more of a rushing LB type.

John Abraham is perfect for what we want to do. He still has at least 3-4 good years ahead as he's only 27 right now. Instantantly fixes our pass rush for next year.

We need to make a play for John Abraham. Give this guy the big contract he needs, oh and BTW throw in a 15 sack incentive for him, he'll achieve it.

Mathis from Indy is not the guy you want to spend big money on.

I watched Daryl Tapp this weekend, not sure if he is the type of player that would fit in here. If we ran a 3-4 formation a bit more then he'd be perfect as he's more of a rushing LB type.

John Abraham is perfect for what we want to do. He still has at least 3-4 good years ahead as he's only 27 right now. Instantantly fixes our pass rush for next year.

I agree with this assessment, 1 DE from FA and 1 DE from the draft (I'd like to see Freeney and Tapp BUT it ain't gon happen). We are set at LB and DT, I'd like to see another vet at CB splitting time with Rogers, and cutting Harris. The only thing we need on offense is depth at WR.

I think we'll have enough loot to target a high priced CB or DE. Not both. Plus I think Rogers can and will emerge as a solid #2 eventual #1 CB for us. We need some utility depth there, not a true #1 DB.

Daryl Tapp is a 1st rounder and we don't have one:(.

I am not convinced that Tapp is a 1st rounder. He is ranked around 64th overallon some boards and it is hard to say where he will go at this time. Now that Miami lost and VT will most likely play for the ACC Championship the added exposure gives him the opportunity to jump up the charts with good showings.

Why pick up a cb? springs will 32 or 33 next year. and #27 has been struggling and he's in his 30"s as well. that leaves carlos rogers as the only long term cb.if we could afford clements ,him and springs would dominate freeing us to blitz plus it would give rogers one or two more years to progress. i think good de and dt can be had cheaply.i do think we need to look at mlb and lb depth.we will probably need a back up qb. another wr and andother guard to take dockery's place preferably hutchison.can seattle resign him having just signed hassleback and walter jone to career contracts and needing to sign alexander this year.it would be tough.i'm telling you dockery is the weak link.

Look you guys we are not getting Clements. We are not getting Freeny. We are probably not even getting Mathis.

We don't need anymore stars on this defense. We need blue collar, hard working guys who do not cost a lot of money or we need to fill the spots via the draft. Kampmann is a good example of this.

John Abraham is to expensive, especially because we also have needs for a true #2 WR. I liked N.D. Kalu when he was here, and although he is one dimensional in that he isn't great on the run, he is a force in sacking QB's, as the last poster says he ain't a star but he is hard working. I'd love to get him from the Eagles, he would be exactly what we need.

Guys,

Keep in mind that we should have plenty of cap room to go after a high priced DE like Abraham. I could see us adding a CB/DB for depth as Rogers will be in the starting lineup next year.

Adding a guy like Abraham instantly improves our secondary. We won't need to blitz as much and won't need to leave guys 1 on 1 down the sidelines, or have a LB covering deep down the middle:doh:

I really think we'll sign Abraham.

We have a bunch of blue collar, hard working guys who do not cost a lot of money. It's time to pony up in free agency for a legit pass rushing DE.

What we have at DE are two below average aging players who cannot get to the QB. This is not the kind of player that I am referring to. I guess the point that I am driving towards is I would rather have Kampmann than Abraham. BTW Kampmann just forced a fumble on Brad Johnson.

Guys,

Keep in mind that we should have plenty of cap room to go after a high priced DE like Abraham. I could see us adding a CB/DB for depth as Rogers will be in the starting lineup next year.

Adding a guy like Abraham instantly improves our secondary. We won't need to blitz as much and won't need to leave guys 1 on 1 down the sidelines, or have a LB covering deep down the middle:doh:

I really think we'll sign Abraham.

illone,

Do you really think Abraham is worth the money he is probably gonna be wanting? He has 5.5 sacks this year, i think he'll be asking for too much money and he wont be worth it.

illone,

Do you really think Abraham is worth the money he is probably gonna be wanting? He has 5.5 sacks this year, i think he'll be asking for too much money and he wont be worth it.

We could use 5.5 sacks from ANYONE at this point. That's more than anyone on our squad so he'll definitely be worth the loot. My suggestion is to also draft some players to learn from him as well. Abaraham's sack count doesn't tell the whole story, either. He has 3 forced fumbles already this year.

We need a game changer on the edge to help Griffin. If Abraham was on our team the rest of the defense would get more sacks. Not only does he get to the QB himself but he creates such a mis-match that it opens up opportunities for other players.

Based on those reasons he's definitely worth a big multi-million dollar contract and I could see us targeting him.

Archived