Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cadallic Williams

skinsfan93

I'm surprised more of us aren't talking about Cadallic. He was the hottest rookie the first 4 games and obviously got hurt and isn't playing as well. However reports say that he is getting back to feeling like he was at the beginning of the season.

I think most of us agree that if we stop him and Pittman, it will force Simms to beat us (which probably won't happen).

So how do you think he will do? Griffin is out but the def line did great against Westbrook. Taylor is out and he adds some support to the running game.

Personally, I think Cadallic will have less than 50 yards rushing. Heck, I think the Bucs entire team may be held under that amount. Thoughts?

I'm a worried about all of the backs that the Bucs have. I'm sure that they have watched loads of that game tape from Denver and New York, and they'll be ready to run the ball on us all day. It was also mentioned on NFL Live yesterday that Gruden planned on giving the ball to Allstott a lot. Our main focus on D this week will be to stop the run. If we do that well enough, Simms will be pressured into mistakes...they will get behind and will be forced to rely on him or Rattay to beat us.

In short:

To win the game, we have to stop the Caddy and all of the Bucs runners.

I'm a worried about all of the backs that the Bucs have. I'm sure that they have watched loads of that game tape from Denver and New York, and they'll be ready to run the ball on us all day. It was also mentioned on NFL Live yesterday that Gruden planned on giving the ball to Allstott a lot. Our main focus on D this week will be to stop the run. If we do that well enough, Simms will be pressured into mistakes...they will get behind and will be forced to rely on him or Rattay to beat us.

In short:

To win the game, we have to stop the Caddy and all of the Bucs runners.

Its going to be a problem not having ST and Griffin in there. lavar has to play a heck of a game IMO for us to win. Whatever happens we must force Simms to beat us by passing the ball.

IMO GW will try very hard to make the Bucs one dimensional. Stack the box, get them into 3rd and long and go after them. Let Simms try and win the game. I see this being a Defensive battle and as long as the Skins protect the ball, they should come out on top. I envision a late 4th quarter FG to win.

the first three running plays( I think) against philly last week went to the right sdie of our defense(apparently the "weak" side of hte defense). philly definatly thought that they could exploit something there, but we held strong. I don't see cadilac having a big game tommorow. like someone else said, I honestly think that we can hold him to under 50 yards rushing. Theor offense should have many troubles against our defense; even with griffin and taylor out.

however, our offense is going to have to play some of the best football that they have played all year. if our o-line does not step up, brunell could be in for a very long day. their d-line is very good. and woulnd't you know it, simeon rice is going up against chris samuels. lets just samuels shakes off his bad performances from the past weeks.

we have a terrible run defense. we need to spport our weak side but thanks to arrigton back we should have more speed to help the counters. I think we are going to hold them to few points b/c we dont ahve to worry about sims, jsut focus on williams. but it should be a great game

we have a terrible run defense. we need to spport our weak side but thanks to arrigton back we should have more speed to help the counters. I think we are going to hold them to few points b/c we dont ahve to worry about sims, jsut focus on williams. but it should be a great game

I think our run defense being 21st in the league is a bit of a smokescreen. We are not that bad and because of a few games the # that RB's have gotten on us have increased it makes our run D look bad. I believe we are still a top 10 team defending the run.

im not worried about Cadillac. our D always does well against offenses that dont have a big threat passing the ball, and even last week against the eagles, they couldnt get the draws or rare runs to go anywhere. the bucs o-line is beat up and playing poorly.

Its because of those big flukes we let up against Broncos and Giants. Our Run-D was missing for 2 games but they shut out Eagles Run Game (if they ever had one)

Carnell has struggled and we have to stop him first...but don't sleep on Chris Simms. He has played poorly so far but the kid does have great potential. If we don't play close attention to him he might just show some of that promise. Stuff the run and hit the heck out of Simms and we should be fine.

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams is a gamer. He is a team player that walks with a swagger and he makes the other players around him better. He can cut on a dime, he is tough, and quick and I think he was the best back in the draft, over the #2 back (who wears #2) Ronnie Brown. As an Auburn alum I'm a big fan of both Brown and Williams, but I have to tip my hat to Cadillac. He has that special something that makes him a winner.

you cant talk about the eagles game and how we shut it down b/c if you think about it. this is the team that throws 45 - 50 times a game. they ahve no running game. westbrook didnt even run for over 1000 yards rushing last year. our run defense gives up too many big plays. i.e. broncos and giants. we need arrington and washington to have a big day tomorrow containing it to the inside if we want to stop the run

Archived