Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Second Half Heros

bubba9497

I think we all agree that the first half of the season, the Redskins biggest player(s) have been Brunnel/Moss, followed closely by Cooley and Sellars.

So the question of the day:

Who will step it up in the second half for the Redskins and will make the biggest impact?

Will it be a surprise like a Taylor Jacobs, or Akili Jones? Or will a Veteran like LaVAr or Portis reclaim their glory?

What do you think and why :)

Aki Jones and Nick Clemmons had big days against the Eagles and I think we could be seeing more of them and maybe see our sack total rising. I was at the game, fifteen rows back from the field and Aki Jones was clearly the largest Redskin on the field - the guy is a monster.

I also think that Jacobs is going to do very well here, if not this year then next.

I'm hoping that the coaching staff will have the largest impact, and the chess played on the field will be lights out. I think as Joe gets more comfortable with the offense, the play calling will open up even more as time goes on, and we take a few more chances.

As far as players, I think our entire offensive line steps up as more and more teams back off to respect our passing game. The result is Portis for 100+ per game, and we run the clock till the end.

Hail!

In the second half, Joe Gibbs will discover that Ladell Betts can be used like B. Westbrook.

Okay, I'll admit...you can take my prediction lightly. I've been saying the same thing since Ladell was drafted.

hmmm... I like Ladell, but he seems more like a power runner than a scat-back. Although he does have some nifty moves on occasion

hmmm... I like Ladell, but he seems more like a power runner than a scat-back. Although he does have some nifty moves on occasion

I was thinking of the way Westbrook is used, not comparing their skills. Skill-wise I see Ladell as a bigger Brian Mitchell... quick, decisive moves as a runner... very good receiver for a back.

Aki Jones and Nick Clemmons had big days against the Eagles and I think we could be seeing more of them and maybe see our sack total rising.

I'm not remembering Jones doing too much and his stats are only showing 1 tackle. Was he filling his gaps well? Clemons didn't seem to do that great either.

I do think we'll have someone break out on the Dline during the second half of the season though.

Chris Cooley had the biggest game of his career last Sunday so I'll vote for him. His catches continue to increase as well as his scoring opportunities. He'll also help Portis by loosening the middle up.

On defense: Sean Taylor has been awfully quiet. Too quiet. I look for him to spice things up a bit with some big hits in the second half.

But what do I know? :whoknows:

Defense=LaVar Arrington. He will sure up the left side and make many plays behind the line of scrimmage. More importantly, he has given the defense an attitude and motivation. I expect many big plays that make the 12th man go nuts all the way up into the postseason.

Offense=Santana Moss. With others stepping up in the passing game it is going to be nearly impossible to shift all of your attention to Moss. I believe he is going to continue his great play and continue to come through big in the clutch.

David Patten becomes the deep threat on the other side of moss. He got a big gain against the eagles setting up the first TD. If he can do that once every game that would be huge for this team.

That's kind of how I feel as well. It seems that the coaching staff is making a concerted effort to get Patten involved, and so far, when they've made a concerted effort to do something, they've done it.

Patten is close, he's really close.

That's kind of how I feel as well. It seems that the coaching staff is making a concerted effort to get Patten involved, and so far, when they've made a concerted effort to do something, they've done it.

Patten is close, he's really close.

It should also be noted that Patten has had a few long catches called back, including a TD. I agree though, E-Dog, he's getting there and he certainly wants the additional responsibility. He'll break out in one of the next couple weeks, I bet.

I'm going to go with Patten, as defenses contiue to try to negate Moss and I believe all Patten/Brunell is missing (yes, dropsies factored) is the "connection" ala Mark/Moss that only some time and tries can create. Once that hurdle's cleared we will see a fast, effective #2. This scenario does leave me still having to wait I guess for Jabobs, as my next call is Thrash after Patten in more hooks and slants on 2nd & 3rd downs.

I'm going with Lavar on D as he gets more and more back in sync with the the team, the scheme, himself, and the team and scheme and coaches do the same with him.

Then the return of a healthy Hall will be a big factor in longer, reliable FG's during some close-fought games I assume will lie ahead.

Archived