Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone explain to me why we ALWAYS get put below the teams were tied with

footballhenry

On NFL.com standings, we are ALWAYS put below the team were tied with, this week were below Dallas (both tied at 5-3) even though we beat them. The fact that we beat them we own the tiebreaker and should be put above them. I realize it doesnt mean squat literally, but its just one of those small things that annoys the crap out of me. EVERY time we've been tied this season, whether it be with Dallas, NYG, or Philly we are always put below them. :logo:

Blame John Adams -- he could have been the first President if he'd really wanted it enough!

Adams, D.C.

Adams Redskins

Baltimore Adams International Thurgood Marshall Airport

...yeah, I don't think it would work.

If it'll make you feel better.

The Skins are indeed in 2nd. We beat Dallas head to head. Also we would get the last wildcard spot right now thanks to our 5-1 NFC record. It doesn't matter where anyone else lists us.....but then again with 8 games to go....tie breakers aren't exactly relevent just yet either. :)

This is from ESPN.com. looks as if the skins should be above dallas...

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Right there with ya..Footballhenry!!

You other guys....I don't agree with your Alphabet explanation....

If you are tied,then the next factor is head to head matchup...then conference wins....and so on...

We are better than all the teams except the giants (2-1 div. and we lost to them but tied by numbers...)

I really wouldn't be surprised if we were 8-0...that we might just find ourselves in second somehow....

Something has been fishy for a really long time and that sure doesn't hurt a conspiracy theorist like myself...(even though we got ALLLLLLLL the breaks tonight...)BOUT damn time!!!

I sure hope the NFL commission doesn't decide to change the NFL playoff Stipulation scenarios when we reach 9 or 10 wins this year....Cause if it ever happens...It will be this year...!!Bank on it....

Personally....No Mediot wants the skins in the playoffs including espn and every other media outlet...no respect....it's quite a shame actually....

They sure must hate us for some reason...!

Alright, guys - seriously. When it comes close to playoff time, NFL.com will have a page for playoff standings that will be listed according to the tiebreaking rules.

For most of the season, they are just lazy so they list the teams in alphabetical order. It happens every year, and it doesn't mean anything. When it comes time to actually rank the teams we'll get our real spot.

Nfl.com lists ties in alphabetical order rather than go through the tiebreaking prodcedures untill it gets close to the end of the season. Really this makes sense, because tiebreakers don't matter at all at this level of the league. It's silly to say the redskins have the tiebreaker against dallas when you know they play each other again. Towards the end of the season when tiebreakers start to mean something nfl.com will do things right.

Archived