Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins new game plan

PREDICTOR

We heard Mike Sellars earlier in the week talking about changing some things up on offense...and with the activation of Robert Johnson I am wondering if this plays into it.

Are the Redskins ready to put the Massive Johnson in at tight end and begin plowing ahead on every play. Does this signify that the Skins are planning to run more and attempt smashmouth football...or are they going to simply send Johnson into the endzone to play jump ball since he is taller than most people in the enzone?

Or are they just tired of the Redskins tight ends dropping passes and its time to give somebody else a shot?(with the exception of Cooley who has been consistent)

I have no idea what this move means! Strange move really.

The game plan is simple now...

Focus ALL attention on Westbrook! He is the only player that could beat us. McNabb is a warrior but he is hurt and has no receivers that he can rely on. Plus, I don't expect him to take off running too much either.

On offense, the only thing that could hurt us is turning the ball over and giving the eagles a short field.

But back to the defense...we have to put a "shadow" on Westbrook and do some corner blitzes to McNabb's blind side.

I smell shut out!

The game plan is simple now...

Focus ALL attention on Westbrook! He is the only player that could beat us. McNabb is a warrior but he is hurt and has no receivers that he can rely on. Plus, I don't expect him to take off running too much either.

On offense, the only thing that could hurt us is turning the ball over and giving the eagles a short field.

But back to the defense...we have to put a "shadow" on Westbrook and do some corner blitzes to McNabb's blind side.

I smell shut out!

a lot of people can beat us. Our dline looks awful. But they have looked better at home. I have no idea why they did not draft a pass rushing end with their draft pick and signed some free agent corner. Rogers does look like a blue chip guy

time to stop dwelling on the draft and realize reality. we need to shut down westbrook, dont let mccants have a big game and seriously..dont underestimate mcnabb. hes hardcore i dont want him to kill us cuz we dont pay attention to him. t.o. being out does provide an advantage IMO..but we still need to gameplan and come out real fired up

We heard Mike Sellars earlier in the week talking about changing some things up on offense...and with the activation of Robert Johnson I am wondering if this plays into it.

Are the Redskins ready to put the Massive Johnson in at tight end and begin plowing ahead on every play. Does this signify that the Skins are planning to run more and attempt smashmouth football...or are they going to simply send Johnson into the endzone to play jump ball since he is taller than most people in the enzone?

Or are they just tired of the Redskins tight ends dropping passes and its time to give somebody else a shot?(with the exception of Cooley who has been consistent)

I have no idea what this move means! Strange move really.

i thought from the original Sellars thread that you had unique insight into what he meant in the interview. or was that someone else?

LMAO! "big johnson"

Cooley is in, but I don't think he's all that healthy. So this other guy would take some pressure off of him some.

New plays, that's awesome!

I'm never surprised whem people shut down our screens.

Joe is the man, so you know he is going straight after the problem.

What's the problem? Pass protection.(Why didn't spurrier understand that?)

I'll expect a lot of shifting to try and get a read on D assignments, eating up the clock the whole time.

I'll expect Portis to run a little less if others show that they can get some yards on the ground. Take some pressure off of him, and let him rest his injurys a little.

If Mark gets time, expect him to his almost all of his recievers/te/backs on the field atleast once, spread the love around. ;)

It would make our offense that much more effective if they don't know where we're going. We can't expect Santana to carry the load every week. NFL defenses just won't let that happen. So I hope you're right and MB can spread the ball around. Let's hope the WRs TEs and RBs did some catching drills this week!

It would make our offense that much more effective if they don't know where we're going. We can't expect Santana to carry the load every week. NFL defenses just won't let that happen. So I hope you're right and MB can spread the ball around. Let's hope the WRs TEs and RBs did some catching drills this week!

All great QB's do this.

If I had my way. I would run multiple QB's, RB's, and all other personel.

The starters get most of the time, but the others coming in do two things.

1. Gives the starters a fresher and reflection time.

2. Most important, this makes a team much stronger. Reason being, if a player get's hurt the rest of the team won't lose hope, or even be phased.

It's trust in your team as a whole, rather than a few players.

That would revolutionize football. Players would have longer careers on average.

Linemen wouldn't get tired. The pass rush would always be fresh.

time to stop dwelling on the draft and realize reality. we need to shut down westbrook, dont let mccants have a big game and seriously..dont underestimate mcnabb. hes hardcore i dont want him to kill us cuz we dont pay attention to him. t.o. being out does provide an advantage IMO..but we still need to gameplan and come out real fired up

I agree. The skins' need to come out FIRED UP for this one. We can not afford to drop this game. Yes TO is out and McNabb is injured, but that does not mean that they should be taken lightly.

Archived