Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I love Clinton, but what is he smoking???

mcarey032

people act like if he did stop his production will increase, just because he's a football player doesnt mean he cant be himself. It's not his fault his production stopped u cant run if u have no blocking no matter what the name is on the back of ur jersey. It's all about the o line, the line is either off or on u can almost tell if brunell has a lil time to throw their on and clinton will have a good day, if brunell is getting rushed and hurried portis will struggle

Watch any game in the past two years and find me one play where CP took off.

He clowns around in an environment of clowns (the media). All you have to do is watch him play. Focusing on how many yards he has in a particular game is assinine. Look at his hustle instead.

I still contest he will crack 2000 yards with the Skins in his career here. Just all haters settle down.

This thread sucks, mcarey032 is an idiot, that's CP's personality, he's just actin like himself, so quit whinning and just deal with it, I find it entertaining, and he still busts his ass come sunday so you have no reason to say anything

Really no need for this, is there?

CP IS a a character all of the time. His personality is such. I think some of this IS silly, but I don't think he is "smokin" anything. This is what motivates HIM and we REALLY REALLY need him motiviated.

Blondie

Would you rather have a simmering T.O. or a pothead R. Moss? I love C.P. and his costumes, He brings a very positive spin to an organization that needs some help in the PR department. CP is 100% Team on and off the field.

Thank-you CP for being yourself, you have made a lot of people smile! Heck I think we all should send some cool sun glasses to CP and maybe a hat and cape too! you may even see Clinton wear your gift on TV!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I really don't mind him having a lil fun and staying upbeat about things. The only thing I wish he'd add is that hunger to want to make something happen everytime he touches the ball. I'm not sayin' that he doesn't play hard, but I don't think he's focused like he used to be. I want to see him play with that chip on his shoulder like he used to....

What the heck? He's having some fun, and he's having a good time with it. I would actually bet that if he's not being a distraction in other ways, the coaches might value it. People that help to lighten up the environment and provide laughs are extremely useful in many situations...there is nothing wrong with it. Chill out... Besides, watch his reactions when we win or lose, that guy wants to win like nothing else.

Dr. Don't Know is an act for the media.....they egg him on, and he complies. It was fun at first, now it is IMO a distraction. He has to constantly try to upstage himself.....

If it helps him heal, thats fine. I'd like to see more yards rushing personally. There are already enough Freak Show wannabee's in the world.

A distraction? To who? You? Frankly who cares if it's a distraction to you. It's pretty obvious that it isn't a distraction to the team...I'm sure there are no "players only meetings" to confront CP about his antics on his press conferences.

Jeeze some people :doh:

I think he is being extremely stupid.

1) His act he puts on every week is NOT FUNNY. He is no comedian by any strech of the imagination. I would say it's more of just plain weird if anything.

2) Why does this guy feel the need to be the center of attention when he clearly has been one of the biggest disapointments of this team.

3) These little shows can be considered as disrespect from other teams. When he is giving a press conference on the upcoming game and dresses like a clown it can only give the other team motivation because it absolutely dosen't do anything for him or the Redskins.

Clinton has played very hard and you can't take that away from him but these ill thought side shows do.

Clinton's clown act is fine for now I guess, but if we start having a rough season, and he's still dressing like a fool (albeit it is funny) people are going to get irritated with him really quick.

THIS I agree with and I imagine CP knows this.

Hopefully, he does.

Blondie

1) His act he puts on every week is NOT FUNNY. He is no comedian by any strech of the imagination. I would say it's more of just plain weird if anything.

Ok, some of us seem to enjoy them. Don't watch, if you don't like it.

2) Why does this guy feel the need to be the center of attention when he clearly has been one of the biggest disapointments of this team.

Coach Gibbs doesn't seem to think so, nor do I. Portis is awesome, you can't call him a running disappointment either, when everytime he's running he's getting met by the other team's entire linebacking corp at the line. Some other RB's would have had far less than a 1,000 rushing yards last year. His blocking skills are awesome for a RB, and he does everything the coaches ask, such as putting on weight for them.

3) These little shows can be considered as disrespect from other teams. When he is giving a press conference on the upcoming game and dresses like a clown it can only give the other team motivation because it absolutely dosen't do anything for him or the Redskins.

If the TEAM felt that way, they would be stopped. Trust me, Coach Gibbs doesn't need your help managing his team. He knows a thing or two about managing distracting athletes. Evidently, he doesn't seem to mind Portis' bit at all.

Clinton has played very hard and you can't take that away from him but these ill thought side shows do.

Well, if they get under opposing team's skins as bad as it apparently does yours, maybe it helps. They probably have a sense of humor though, so I doubt it affects them.

1. I find it both weird and extremely funny, I have no problem with his costumes since they don't affect him on the field. Watching Clinton these past few weeks, hearing about Brunell's joke-making in the huddle, watching a golf-cart drive by Greg William's to hear the players 'Yeehaw'ing to get a laugh has really struck home with me. These guys are having fun and thats what you like to see, they deliver on Sunday and are enjoying every minute of it and thats all you can ask for.

2. Biggest disappointment? Because you're staring at stats as if they show how good he is playing this season? Lets forget that he has improved tremendously on pass protection for Brunell this season from the previous year, or that many of our games have been with us coming back in the fourth quarter with a need for clock management so we throw the ball much more than run. Lets also forget that he has been playing through injuries, because he is that dedicated to winning. In the Giant's game he had only a few carries, he wasn't on the field for much of the second half against the 49ers to rest some of his injuries, which could have easily gotten him another 80+ yards.

3. If another team needs Clinton Portis' costumes for motivation, then they were doomed before the season began. As for not doing anything for the Skins, I guess keeping spirits high isn't that important anyways. Your right, these antics are bad for the team. :doh:

Ok WHAT IS THE BIG FREAKIN DEAL? Why is it people have a problem with portis dressing up and actually MAKING his interview something interesting.

I can tell you right now how the interviews with every other player in the NFL go. "We will come out and give it our best, we know they are a good team and they will play hard, and we just home to come out of it with a win". EVERY SINGLE TIME. How boring is that? Yet you would rather have that then portis? Seriously...

CP is a prankster......but he has shown that he is also a leader in the locker room and on the field.

For a small player he goes downfield and blocks and he does what is needed so the team can succeed.

Sure he wants 2,000 and 25TDs and all the media attention, who wouldn't.

But instead of complaining and pulling a TO (blaming the players around him and the coaches and FO) he dresses up and creates personas.....I'm glad he's here and would much rather have Springs line up against guys than "greatest cornerback that ever will exist" Toast Bailey (Toomer, Johnson's and now TO's *****)

I am sure that most of you saw the garb that clinton portis wore during an interview session in which he said the man that was in New York was found dead and that the guy he was dressed as is now here to save the day. If I were clinton, I would be focusing less on his practical jokes and watch out for the NFL piss test and focusing on getting better and trying to break into the secondary on his runs as well. What are your thoughts on his attention seeking behaviors?

Chill out bro. He's just trying to have fun. Comic relief can always help after a drubbing by your division rival.

Portis is a great RB. I don't see a problem with lifting his/team's spirits. Its not like he goes to practice everyday with that funny looking costume on? Give him a break! he's only human...

Can you imagine joining a football team in junior high or high school and you weren't allowed to have fun ONCE a week??? He's been nothing but great to this team. I can't wait to see how much better he runs when the o-line starts blocking for him.

Archived