Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Partisan Clash, Senate Closed Session, Right Now!

visionary

I'm assuming this is a political stunt. (My reasoning: Everything the Senate does is a political stunt.)

But I have trouble figuring out what the D's hope to gain from it. With closed doors, all they've accomplished is a lot of media speculation, and an even better job of diverting the media away from the indictments than Bush's nomination was.

Why throw the red flag when you're winning (for the moment)?

Because as we've seen recently, the Republicans are masters of pandering to the people.

Well they COULD, but they wont.

The call to a vote can occur at any time. Their are procedures that they follow, but those arent written down as law. So they COULD ignore them entirely and simply call a vote.

Im not saying it would be a good thing, just a funny thing.

I thought it had to go through some sort of committee 1st.

Wow, what an *******. Yeah, let's play the age card, because that's what the big men do.

Quit being a schmuck.

And for the record, I am elitist. I think most of middle America, for example, many people from Texas, have no idea what this country really needs. They just go with what the Repulican machine feeds them.

And learn how to spell.

The age card is a reality Dave. You are what your experiences make you. I have a wife and 3 kids. My reality and perception is going to be completely different than yours. Does it make it more right? Not necessarily. But it is what it is. Your barely more than a child.

The age card is a reality Dave. You are what your experiences make you. I have a wife and 3 kids. My reality and perception is going to be completely different than yours. Does it make it more right? Not necessarily. But it is what it is. Your barely more than a child.

Fine. But don't discount my opinion because of it, as you tried to do, it just makes you look classless and stupid.

I think the personal shots there were uncalled for, and you should apologize and stay on topic.

Because as we've seen recently, the Republicans are masters of pandering to the people.

I don't know, they're both pretty good at that...but this action by the Democrats smacks of desperation...and I don't think it will help the country much. I kind of feel bad for them that they are going this far, I hope it doesn't really mess things up for all of us.

In any case this development is certainly a surprise, I wonder if they were planning this for a while or if it was just agreed to today. You would think the media would have gotten some hint at this by now. If anything one has to marvel at the amount of secrecy that must have gone into this ahead of time, unless Reid just had a mental breakdown all of the sudden...lol.

Sorry steve. You probably aren't an ******* or a schmuck. You just sounded like one when you played the age card.

And I am out of here this time.

And visionary, as evidenced by the trifecta control of the government, the Republicans are clearly better right now at getting the public on their side.

Don't do this anymore youngster. We do not pull the age card on this board. Deal with what he says in his posts.

I agree, though I think Reid should have brought this all up ahead of time. I bet if the Democrats had been forceful enough they could have avoided springing this on everyone.

Wow, Pat Buchanon is being awfully favorable to Reid right now...lol, but then again he's been against the war from the start.

and he apologized JB.

we're waiting for another one.

Buff he hasn't, he called all people in texas basically idiots. I am curious how he knows this for a fact when he doesn't even live here.

I don't like others bashing because of age as long as they understand what they are taking about. It iis even worse when people bash other people when they have no clue.

I would say there is more PWT in Florida then Texas anyway :D

I agree, though I think Reid should have brought this all up ahead of time. I bet if the Democrats had been forceful enough they could have avoided springing this on everyone.

The Dems have been demanding that the origination of the War be investigated for some time. The Republicans have repeatedly blocked the investigation. How is this "springing" something on someone?

And how does it compare to lying to the United States Senate in order to get their approval to invade a country which has resulted in the loss of so many American soldiers?

Sounds like dems are throwing their temper tantrum since Rove didn't get indicted.

So how far back are they going to go back in the pre war investigation?

When Clinton bombed Iraq?

Will they actually bring up the verbal report by Wilson that was inaccurate?

Democrats with their guilty before innocent is sweet.

Now we reopen the Sandy Berger destroying documents of 911 investigation, Dan rathergate prior to the 2005 election.

I'm very happy this happened now the GOP can cut out the tea sipping we dont want to lower ourselves to their level stuff.

The gloves are off lets get it on

The Dems have been demanding that the origination of the War be investigated for some time. The Republicans have repeatedly blocked the investigation. How is this "springing" something on someone?

And how does it compare to lying to the United States Senate in order to get their approval to invade a country which has resulted in the loss of so many American soldiers?

Again, I think if the Democrats has pushed for a closed session they could have had one, if it was warranted. There are enough moderate Republicans to go along with it and even some os the conservatives would have been sensetive enough this time, unless there are also enough Dems that don't want it discussed that they would have stopped them.

Archived