Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone ever looked up a long lost friend/love ?

CrabR

I was wondering if anyone else ever contacted a long lost Love/friend of the opposite sex and what was the outcome, positive or negative experience?

I have been thinking about a girl I last seen 22 years ago, we were best friends [non sexual relationship] for several years right before I got married. I am not looking for a relationship, I am just wondering how she has been all these years and to reminisce about the old gang.

I've never looked someone up. I've thought about it many times...specifically an old childhood buddy. Just want to see what he's been up to...see if he's okay after all these years. I just haven't brought myself to do it yet, and I'm not sure I will. I just have this "leave things alone" sense about the whole situation.

Several years back I did have a high school girlfriend look me up...it was kind of awkward. We e-mailed back and forth a couple of times just updating each other on what life was like...but it dropped soon after that.

I had a female friend from high school look me up around Christmas in 2004. I had not talked with her in 9 years. I wasn't too sure of her motives at first since she is married and we fooled around a bit in high school, but she just wanted to catch up. I talk with her from time to time, but since I am single I avoid time alone with her unless in a public place. It was nice seeing her again and wasn't that bad (took a mutual friend from high school with me to meet her again the first time just incase she wanted something else).

I wouldn't seek out an old female friend if I were married, except for maybe a class reunion. I don't think or see how it would be productive to the current marriage... just my two cents.

Peace

Allot of people sign up at classmates.com under thier respective high school.

I've had good experiences contacting/being contacted thru there. I've been to couple high school re-unions with and without my wife. I always tell her when I'm having some dialog with an old female (girlfriend or not), and she doesn't have a problem with it. But she is very secure in our 13 year relationship that has been exceptionally non-problematic, which is probably not the norm. So use your best judgement, but in my opinion, if handled properly, this shouldn't be a problem.

Archived