Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins fans in Giants Stadium

LB56

Hello Redskins fans. I'm a Giants fan and I was at the game today. I have been going to Giants games for 25+ years and have seen many games, especially against division rivals. I'm not here to rub salt in anyone's wounds. I have been in your shoes before and I'll probably be there again sooner or later. I'm sure you'll bounce back from this one and what better way to do so than beating the Eagles! :eaglesuck

Today, I took my brother-in-law to his first Giants game. Of course, he was moved by the pre-game and halftime ceremonies in honor of the late Wellington Mara and we were obviously pleased with the final score. However, one thing he mentioned to me that says a lot about Redskins fans was how impressed he was with the visiting Redskins fans and how friendly they were.

I told him that of all the division rivals we play, you can count on a fight breaking out with an obnoxious Dallas or a Philly fan. But Redskins fans are a different breed. They come from a long tradition in the NFL just as we do and are a lot more respectful. Win or lose, the numerous Redskins fans that make the trip up I-95 are always a great crowd and only add to how great a rivalry this is! :cheers:

Hello Redskins fans. I'm a Giants fan and I was at the game today. I have been going to Giants games for 25+ years and have seen many games, especially against division rivals. I'm not here to rub salt in anyone's wounds. I have been in your shoes before and I'll probably be there again sooner or later. I'm sure you'll bounce back from this one and what better way to do so than beating the Eagles! :eaglesuck

Today, I took my brother-in-law to his first Giants game. Of course, he was moved by the pre-game and halftime ceremonies in honor of the late Wellington Mara and we were obviously pleased with the final score. However, one thing he mentioned to me that says a lot about Redskins fans was how impressed with the visiting Redskins fans and how friendly they were.

I told him that of all the division rivals we play, you can count on a fight breaking out with an obnoxious Dallas or a Philly fan. But Redskins fans are a different breed. They come from a long tradition in the NFL just as we do and are a lot more respectful. Win or lose, the numerous Redskins fans that make the trip up I-95 are always a great crowd and only add to how great a rivalry this is! :cheers:

It's easy being so nice after 36-0 isn't it? j/k

Thanks for the nice post. Congratulations on the win. Hope the Skins get it back together and then our game at FedEx in December might be for the division.

I like to say good luck the rest of the way..........but I'd be lying. :D

I was one of those fans there today I had my #21 ST jersey on with my bright yellow wool hat with the classic R on it.....Very nice post and it shows that your a stand up guy with class....Hats off to the Giants today they were truly the better team, you guys played excellent in all aspects of the game. you deserved the W and the Skins' did not...Mara was a great man for the NFL and he will be missed.

Very classy post. thank you for not kicking us when your down. i know you want us to beat philly because we are already a game back from u so u will have some breathing room and it will be in your favor.

but u did it in a respectful way none the less. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. To tell u the truth i hate dallas and philly far worse than the giants.

Thanks for cheering us on though. i hope we beat philly too. :)

Nice post. Congrats man, smoked us today and then some. Hopefully we'll get ours later.

And just for the record, I believe that you are our classiest division opponent as well. I'm not sure that's much of a compliment to either of us though. Compared to the Eagles and Cowboys fans, the Third Reich had class. OK, that's a little extreme, but you get my drift.

:cheers:

I thought the Mara tribute was excellent.

I was overall pretty pleased with the G-men. Only got heckled twice--once by a few guys joking around, and then the second time (or the second continual time) by a guy in Section 134, Row 26. That guy had to be one of the biggest a-holes I have ever come across. Continual prodding, trying to get me to either throw a punch or react. I'm glad I didn't say anything. It was incessant to the point of being absurd.

The funny thing was, I sat next to several other G-men fans who were very friendly and had interesting things to say about the G-men and their history. I guess we all have our bad apples. I'm just sorry one of the worst was sitting directly behind me.

Anyway. It was a painful, ugly loss.

Thanks for the classy post. :)

That guy had to be one of the biggest a-holes I have ever come across. Continual prodding, trying to get me to either throw a punch or react. I'm glad I didn't say anything. It was incessant to the point of being absurd.

Thanks for the classy post. :)

Exactly why I sit in the confines of my living room every Sunday.

Pretty sad whe you can't go to a game anymore without putting up with that kind of crap.

I've been to a bunch of NFL stadiums, and it happens in every one. Some more than others.

That guy had to be one of the biggest a-holes I have ever come across. Continual prodding, trying to get me to either throw a punch or react. I'm glad I didn't say anything. It was incessant to the point of being absurd.

I'll bet that if the Skins had won today, you wouldn't see that punk anywhere near Giants Stadium again the rest of the season. I've seen his type before. It only takes one of them to ruin things for an entire section. Thank God he's not part of the majority.

Exactly why I sit in the confines of my living room every Sunday.

Pretty sad whe you can't go to a game anymore without putting up with that kind of crap.

I've been to a bunch of NFL stadiums, and it happens in every one. Some more than others.

Well, I think when you have 50K people, 85% or more of which are fans of the opposing team, you're going to get a little ribbing. Friendly jokes about the team and stuff like that is fine with me. And everyone else was engaging in that kind of friendly banter. This guy was staying stuff to get me to react. Had I been three rows up or back, I don't think I would have had to deal with any of it. Like I said, the vast majority of their fans are respectful folks. But it is a major bummer when you make a big trip out of it and spend a fair amount of money only to have it ruined by some neanderthal in the row behind you.

I just wish that guy would have followed: "live and let live" like nearly every other fan who was in our section.

Archived