Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PTI: Giants vs. Redskins

d0ublestr0ker0ll

PTI Transcript: Giants vs. Redskins

Kornheiser The only division in the NFL with FOUR winning teams so far, is the NFC East. On Sunday the 4-2 Redskins go to the Meadowlands to play the 4-2 Giants in what CERTAINLY is a critical game for both teams. The Giants spent today at Wellington Mara’s funeral, and when asked if they would want to win Sunday’s game particularly for Mara, Tiki Barber said, “as badly as any game.” Wilbon you will be at that game, do you expect the Giants to win it?

Wilbon: I think I do… Before Wellington Mara’s death, I was looking at the two teams and I’m thinking that the Redskins have a SUPERIOR DEFENSE. And when you have that big an advantage in terms of defense (the Giants’ defense is not particularly good at all) I thought the Redskins matched up better and even on the road they could win that game in East Rutherford. But Tony they LOVED Wellington Mara. All of those players. He was a beloved figure in the NFL. I think it will give the Giants some kind of boost, don’t you?

Kornheiser I actually think the Redskins will win the game. I think that their offense is MUCH better than the Giants’ defense, and that their defense can contain the Giants’ offense. I think, in essence, Eli Manning is still a rookie Quarterback.

Wilbon: Well how does EMOTION play?

Kornheiser: Well… I’ll bring something back to you. Earlier this year, the Cowboys inducted aikman and irvin and emmit in to the ring of honor, and LOST that game. Sometimes that stuff backfires. You are trying so hard, and it's such a special circumstance, that maybe you don’t necessarily win it. I don’t know that you can sustain that emotion for the whole football game.

Wilbon: Well, I don’t think you can sustain it for a SEASON. But for ONE GAME. And let’s not forget, it’s not like the Giants are the Bad News Bears, and need so much emotion to overcome the Redskins. Those two teams appear pretty even.

Wilbon: Well how does EMOTION play?

more times than not....it results in a loss

but Mara was an 89 year old owner who hadn't done a lot with the team in years, I don't think it is the same as if a player or coach would have passed away. I think the media is hyping it for a feel good story, when in truth it will have little or no real barring on the game

Kornheiser I actually think the Redskins will win the game. I think that their offense is MUCH better than the Giants’ defense, and that their defense can contain the Giants’ offense. I think, in essence, Eli Manning is still a rookie Quarterback.

Bingo, when Tony wants to, he knows sports :silly:

Im real sure the Giants players were real tight with 89 year old Wellington Mara.

I just cant see him and Plax Burress hangin' out at da club, sharing a some Henny.

But there's 51 other players on that team, not including the coaching staff and whomever else. Who knows who was close to him, showing emotions that radiate through to the other players during practice or what have you. This will be on their minds, this guy wasn't exactly a low-lying figure. The fans, also, will be that much more pumped due to the 1st place battle for the NFC East AND this on top of it. I wouldn't pass this off as a matter that means nothing to how they're going to perform Sunday.

That being said, I think we'll be too much for them. :logo:

Im real sure the Giants players were real tight with 89 year old Wellington Mara.

I just cant see him and Plax Burress hangin' out at da club, sharing a some Henny.

i know right lol. in all the giants interviews they said "he was always there, at every practice" then when asked if they had ever talked to him and all the answers were "no, he didnt really talk much". and i like barbers response "as much as any other game". they will play hard because its a division game, not because their owner that they are sooo close to died. :doh:

I don't consider the Mara issue an advantage or disadvantage.

I think this game comes down to turnovers (duh). If the Skins turn it over, it'll be a sloppy and close game. If the Giants turn it over (and Eli still probably has some mistakes in him despite his solid play) I think the Skins can win going away.

The difference is this, the Redskins have dealt with losing the turnover battle and weathering the storm. They've stayed in and won games where they've coughed it up multiple times. The Giants are 4-2 almost solely due to the turnovers going their way. I think they might panic if they have a couple first half giveaways. Just a thought.

===========================================================

Man I seen Plax and the duke two weeks ago flexin dukes low rider drinking a fortee gettin down with the hip hop beats.

The way I see it, the redskins offense is on fire. We all know it has been a while since we've been able to say that and not laugh but it's true. We are going into this game with new confidence and a better defense (LaVar). Compared to New York, We have a much better defense, an improving offense, and a coach that knows what's up. Don't forget Mark Brunell is the number 1 qb in the NFC and the number 3 qb in the NFL...

Even a little emotion from the Giants shouldn't be able to top that.

Look, I feel bad that Mara died and it is a big deal. But it's obvious that Eli and the Giants are the medias favorite NFC East team this year. From Eli's comebacks, to a dedication win, the media is looking for EVERYTHING they can to hype up the GIants. Plus, the media knows they can;t favor the redskins until next season. The Redskins have not been picked as a favorite in any game except against the 49ers. If the media starts to favor the skins, they will just be showing how dumb and contradictory they are. After what the media said about us all last season, and this offseason, they don;t even deserve to have the privlage of picking us.

Look, I feel bad that Mara died and it is a big deal. But it's obvious that Eli and the Giants are the medias favorite NFC East team this year. From Eli's comebacks, to a dedication win, the media is looking for EVERYTHING they can to hype up the GIants. Plus, the media knows they can;t favor the redskins until next season. The Redskins have not been picked as a favorite in any game except against the 49ers. If the media starts to favor the skins, they will just be showing how dumb and contradictory they are. After what the media said about us all last season, and this offseason, they don;t even deserve to have the privlage of picking us.

Please man. The Giants are the #1 offense in the NFL. They deserve some respect considering how Eli was getting messed up almost as bad as the Drunk Picture Thread last season. They have a pretty potent offense.

The reason we've been getting disrespected (and I agree it's been overboard with not a lot of insight in to Gibbs' building process) is because we've sucked. Virtually for the past 13 years. It was almost a given to write us off. All I say is cheers drink beers, and let them anal-lists eat crow.

Please man. The Giants are the #1 offense in the NFL. They deserve some respect considering how Eli was getting messed up almost as bad as the Drunk Picture Thread last season. They have a pretty potent offense.

The reason we've been getting disrespected (and I agree it's been overboard with not a lot of insight in to Gibbs' building process) is because we've sucked. Virtually for the past 13 years. It was almost a given to write us off. All I say is cheers drink beers, and let them anal-lists eat crow.

They have a good offense. I would say it's middle of the pack, I'm not sure how you can rate them #1 in the league.

I agree that we've been disrespected over the past decade for good reason. However, each season should be viewed as a brand new journey. I don't expect anyone in the media to trust us yet, but we have been doing things this season that we haven't done in a long time!

PTI Transcript: Giants vs. Redskins

Kornheiser: Well… I’ll bring something back to you. Earlier this year, the Cowboys inducted aikman and irvin and emmit in to the ring of honor, and LOST that game. Sometimes that stuff backfires. You are trying so hard, and it's such a special circumstance, that maybe you don’t necessarily win it. I don’t know that you can sustain that emotion for the whole football game.

My thoughts exactly. Why not have another Brunell to Moss TD hook up late in this game to clinch the win like the dallas game. Great take by tony I still love the guy none the less.

Aren't they officially ranked #1 in the NFL? I dunno how they rank 'em, yards, TD's or what have you. But they're definitley up there with the elites.

No, we're ranked #2 in offense...it's done by yards.

Here it is:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2005/regular?sort_col_1=4

I'm sure they are ranked up there in scoring...but that is something that is team-wide (due to turnovers and returns).

It's not like Favre's dad died to lift the play of a top notch player on national TV.

You really think the team is out there saying "Let's win this one for Mara?"

:rolleyes:

They better focus on stopping Santana and Portis cuz the Skins are gonna bring their A-game.

They have a good offense. I would say it's middle of the pack, I'm not sure how you can rate them #1 in the league.

I agree that we've been disrespected over the past decade for good reason. However, each season should be viewed as a brand new journey. I don't expect anyone in the media to trust us yet, but we have been doing things this season that we haven't done in a long time!

their defintly top 10 offence not sure bout #1 and their defence is where its suppose to be, about dead last.

For us we are #2 we are actually around top of top 10 and our defence is number 4 if im correct and we should be around top 5 and number 4 sounds about right.

And like TD_washingtonredskins said weve sucked for the last 10 years basically and havnt gone to the playoffs since 1999. Its gonna take away before people respect us again.

Archived