Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants - Redskins

N.YFootballGiants

Good afternoon, first of all, thank god it's Friday:cheers:

I'm really looking forward to our game this weekend. The Skins defense is one of the best in the league and it will be a a real test for the Gmen this weekend.

On the same token, the Giants offense is playing great and scoring a lot, should be a good test for the Skins defense as well.

The Giants will have to step up there defensive play a lot to keep the game within reach for our offense.

On paper, the Redskins win this game in every category execept scoring, which should make for a heck of a game.

This is a tough game to call if you're a betting man IMO, could really go either way. Will more than likely come down to turnovers, and the ability to capitalize on them.

Pierce with something to prove, Moss on his way to breaking every Redskin receiving record. Lot's of story lines to talk about.

I think while both teams are playing well, they both have something to prove this weekend. The winner will be dubbed a contender, and the loser a pretender, I know it's a cliche' but it's very true.

Good luck and Go Gmen!

This game, to me, is a pick'em. Both are good teams.

However, if I had to, I give the edge in this game to the Giants because of home field and emotion with Wellington Mara. That is, if I HAD to bet. :)

SHould be a great game, and no doubt I will be an emotional wreck Sunday afternoon, win or lose. :)

How do you think the passing of the Duke will affect this team? Go the funeral today and the rest of the emotions?

Ya know, I'm not a huge beleiver in things like this affecting a game. When they are out on that field it's you against the guy in front of you , period.

Now maybe because W. Mara was so close to the team, who knows I could be wrong. But I think more than anything, the players would feed off the emotion of the crowd.

This sucker is going to be close, but something tells me that our offense will come out in a big way. I just think our OVERWHELMING dominace over the Giants regarding Time of Possesion and 3rd down conversions will prove to be too much.

Remember this, this game is big, real big, everyone can agree with that, who would you rather have as your QB right now in a game this big? Brunell who has played in every kind of big game excpet the Super Bowl, or Eli, who has 13 career starts under his belt?

Great Post ! My question is that even if Plaxico plays, how effective can he be with a bum shoulder ? This game will be tough for both sides though. I would wish you good luck, but it would not be sincere. lol

Plax was having back spasms all week before the Denver game and did not practice, but played what looked like 100% last week so im not worried.

I don't know anything about it, but I assume they would just shoot his shoulder full of cortzone (?) before the game and he won't feel a thing.

It's just strained, the MRI's came back negative.

This sucker is going to be close, but something tells me that our offense will come out in a big way. I just think our OVERWHELMING dominace over the Giants regarding Time of Possesion and 3rd down conversions will prove to be too much.

Remember this, this game is big, real big, everyone can agree with that, who would you rather have as your QB right now in a game this big? Brunell who has played in every kind of big game excpet the Super Bowl, or Eli, who has 13 career starts under his belt?

I'll agree with that. The Giants offense needs to win the time of posession battle. We need to keep our D off the field as much as possible or it will be a very long day.

And I'll take Manning. Of course it's a biased opinion, but that's still my opinion. He seems unshakable this year, even in the San Diego game which was very hostile, he put up huge numbers and never seemed affected.

Brunell is one of the mose effective QB's in the league right now too, so they should both be fun to watch.

Come to think of it, when is the last time we beat the Giants in our first meeting of the season?

I checked on ESPN and we haven't since 2001 at least...

Yeah, but we turned the ball over seven times in the first meeting last year. We should have easily won that one.

Finally a good post from a rival fan. Most of the fans have just been saying how the giants are going to dominate in every area of the game. Finally a fan who realizes its going to be a good ol' fashioned nfc east battle!

At least we can all agree on the fact that Philly isn't the team they used to be.

I think it's just great to see a good NFC East again, hopefully this will be a clean hard fought game, whichever way the score goes.

Good afternoon, first of all, thank god it's Friday:cheers:

I'm really looking forward to our game this weekend. The Skins defense is one of the best in the league and it will be a a real test for the Gmen this weekend.

On the same token, the Giants offense is playing great and scoring a lot, should be a good test for the Skins defense as well.

The Giants will have to step up there defensive play a lot to keep the game within reach for our offense.

On paper, the Redskins win this game in every category execept scoring, which should make for a heck of a game.

This is a tough game to call if you're a betting man IMO, could really go either way. Will more than likely come down to turnovers, and the ability to capitalize on them.

Pierce with something to prove, Moss on his way to breaking every Redskin receiving record. Lot's of story lines to talk about.

I think while both teams are playing well, they both have something to prove this weekend. The winner will be dubbed a contender, and the loser a pretender, I know it's a cliche' but it's very true.

Good luck and Go Gmen!

Good to see quality posting from the oldest rivalry in the NFC east. In the 80s I thought both the Redskins & Giants would have beaten San Fran out of more Superbowls if we didn't have to beat up on each other in the same tough division. Lot of good tradition there.

WR depth is the main advantage I see the Giants having. And I am awefully glad the Redskins should have there starting DBs back. But if Burress doesn't play I think the Giants are taking a real hit there. Should be a doozy.

Game on. To win against your division opponents is vital to winning your division with a 16 game schedule. But i must say as strong as the NFC East is this year the loser of this game is not out of it by far, because all the teams will be playing each other a couple of times. May the cream rise to the top. :logo: .

Archived