Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eli, Eli, Eli... I've had enough of this stupidity.

GC8 Bunta

These forums and the media... all i see and hear are Eli Manning this, Eli Manning that...

why is everyone so concerned about Eli Mannig? I'm not. We've faced better offenses than the Giants, such as #1 Ranked Seahawks.

I think the more threatening quarterback is, thats right, Mark Brunell.

Mark Brunell leads what we see as the #2 Ranked Offense in the league.

Who is Eli Manning?

So the Giants say mess up Brunells timing by blitzing... ok... here is their problem... it leaves Santana Moss 1 on 1 with some no-name CB that plays for the 30th ranked defense in the league. Oh, who said Brunell can't avoid pressure and run? Did everyone forget that Brunell has the ability to avoid the pass rush??? ask Dallas and Seattle.

OK, so they double team Santana Moss... here is another problem for them... Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts, Chris Cooley, Mike Sellars, David Patten, James Thrash, Taylor Jacobs?... We have too many weapons on offense for a 30th ranked defense to contain.

I see the Redskins moving the ball at will against the Giants, and scoring on almost all of their offensive possessions. I see the Defense rattling Eli manning. Who can confuse a 2nd year QB better than Greg Williams D??? Even his older brother, Payton Manning, who i believe is way better, couldn't even handle a mediocre Patriots D the past few years.

Giants are gonna be exposed this weak, in a big way.

This is the game where the Redskins decisively show everyone that they are the team to beat in the NFC East. Then against the Eagles 2 weeks from now, they will show everyone they are the team to beat in the NFC, period.

perhaps i'm a little over confident. but our team is the most consistent team i've seen this year next to the Colts. Our D is good, stuggled (to me the big runs were flukes), but is getting better and better... and now #56 is implemented. . .

Our offense has been moving up the ranks... 11th, 7th... and now 2nd. Will we over throw Seattle for #1??? dont be surpised after the game against the Giants.

sure, we put 52 points on the 49ers, no need to celebrate... the one question is, who else put 52 points on the 49ers? no one. the COLTS, powerranking #1, only put up 28. To me, we lost to the Broncos, and the Giants beat the Broncos. One thing I've noticed, the Broncos has been the same team since they beat us, no improvement. The past few weeks, the Redskins have taken strides. We have gotten better.

Conclusion,

Giants are getting OWN3D this week.

Well I think the one thing that is correct about what the media is saying is that Eli is much improved. He has played very well, and looks more like his brother than the QB he was last season. I do fear a Manning in our division for long to come, but we'll see. He has been pretty clutch the last two games. This should be a very good game.

Just be glad you're not in the NYC area.

They just advertised a "meet Eli Manning" event on the radio here in NYC. Some autograph signing at an ice cream parlor (In November, no less)

These 2 tidbits had me laughing.

Come meet Giant Superstar Eli Manning this Tuesday

And the other

Eli Manning, the quarterback who is leading the Giants to the playoffs.

I fell out of my chair laughing at that one.....

It's a division game. Anything can and does happen.

That said, Manning hasn't seen a pass defense as good as ours yet. The Giants have played one, yes one, pass defense ranked in the top HALF of the league. That would be the exhausted Saints, who played a 'home' game at Giants stadium. Manning threw for 165 yards and a TD, but wasn't required to do much as the Saints turned the ball over six times. Other than that Manning's faced the 17th, 18th, 26th, 28th and 29th ranked pass defenses.

I think the kid's doing an amazing job for a second year player, (and sadly, the Giants are set at QB for the next 10-15 years) but he hasn't seen a pass defense as good as we've got. Not even close. I'm interested to see how he handles it.

Eli Will Own You Sunday,

Looking at the myriad statistics available for these 2 teams, and based upon the continuing improvement on both sides of the ball for the Redskins, along with the return of significant players to the field, such as Springs and Arrington, I had become convinced the Washington Redskins would probably win this important NFC East game... until I saw the piercing analysis from GIANTSWORLD in this post.

GIANTSWORLD, your insightful and thoughtful commentary really shook my faith in the Redskins; I mean, when you capitalized the "w" in "will," I thought, "Whoah, he may have a point there!" Then you followed up with the capitalization of the "o" in "own," and my knees were knocking. That was nothing, however, compared to the horrible chill down my spine... when you capitalized the "y" in "you." Good lord, man, have you no sense of decency??!! No pity, no mercy??!! Leave us in ignorant bliss rather than shatter our dreams in a cascade of Redskin-damning upper-case letters!!!! You are evil, pure evil to rub in our faces the Giants' clear grammatical superiority!

... But wait, what is this? Eli Will Own You Sunday --- EWOYS? Hmmmm.... I think what you *meant* to say was, "Eli Will Own sKins Sunday," which would have created "EWOKS" -- it all makes sense now! Ewoks mean Star Wars, which means Evil Empire, which means George Steinbrenner, which means New York, so you're the Empire like in Star Wars, and that makes us the Rebellion, which means of course the Redskins are going to blow your "Death Star" of a team to smithereens!

:whew: I'm glad we agree!

:cheers:

Eli will be a great QB in the future, no doubt about that. . .

but i'm talking about next week, not the next 5 years.

Broncos D is 19th. Redskins D is 4th.

They won by one point against an Offense that is worst the the Skins, and a Defense that is worst than the Skins.

This game will be the beginning of the end of the Giants season.

you rememeber a game a few years ago IN NEW YORK, when the Redskins were under Norv Turner?

yea? Redskins 50, Giants 21.

well, lets put it this way, in my opinion, the Redskins Offense this year, is better than the Redskins offense that year.

Looking at the myriad statistics available for these 2 teams, and based upon the continuing improvement on both sides of the ball for the Redskins, along with the return of significant players to the field, such as Springs and Arrington, I had become convinced the Washington Redskins would probably win this important NCF East game... until I saw the piercing analysis from GIANTSWORLD in this post.

GIANTSWORLD, your insightful and thoughtful commentary really shook my faith in the Redskins; I mean, when you capitalized the "w" in "will," I thought, "Whoah, he may have a point there!" Then you followed up with the capitalization of the "o" in "own," and my knees were knocking. That was nothing, however, compared to the horrible chill down my spine... when you capitalized the "y" in "you." Good lord, man, have you no sense of decency??!! No pity, no mercy??!! Leave us in ignorant bliss rather than shatter our dreams in a cascade of Redskin-damning upper-case letters!!!! You are evil, pure evil to rub in our faces the Giants' clear grammatical superiority!

... But wait, what is this? Eli Will Own You Sunday --- EWOYS? Hmmmm.... I think what you *meant to say was, "Eli Will Own sKins Sunday," which would have created "EWOKS" -- it all makes sense now! Ewoks mean Star Wars, which means Evil Empire, which means George Steinbrenner, which means New York, so you're the Empire like in Star Wars, and that makes us the Rebellion, which means of course the Redskins are going to blow your "Death Star" of a team to smithereens!

Christ man, I spit water all over my desk. :notworthy

I already said in another thread that the defining time in this game will be when our offense is on the field vs. their defense. We have the ability to dominate that defense. The Giants can't say the same about our defense.

If our offense is clicking, and most importantly, avoiding turnovers, we'll win. Period.

I expect for Eli to have a respectable game. I have a lot of respect for him and his talents - I've also said that in my view he's progressing in his career at the same rate his brother did thus far, which is no small compliment. But all of that is different from saying he and that offense are capable of beating us at this point without significant help from their defense. They're not.

Looking at the myriad statistics available for these 2 teams, and based upon the continuing improvement on both sides of the ball for the Redskins, along with the return of significant players to the field, such as Springs and Arrington, I had become convinced the Washington Redskins would probably win this important NCF East game... until I saw the piercing analysis from GIANTSWORLD in this post.

... But wait, what is this? Eli Will Own You Sunday --- EWOYS? Hmmmm.... I think what you *meant to say was, "Eli Will Own sKins Sunday," which would have created "EWOKS" -- it all makes sense now! Ewoks mean Star Wars, which means Evil Empire, which means George Steinbrenner, which means New York, so you're the Empire like in Star Wars, and that makes us the Rebellion, which means of course the Redskins are going to blow your "Death Star" of a team to smithereens!

This is the best post I've read in a long time.

Nicely done Dah-Dee! :cheers:

I too am sick of they overhyping of Eli and the Giants. Yes he is a playing very well for a 2nd year QB but they have played no one with a good D. Add to that the Giants D is just awful. Eli and his team will be exposed for the pretenders they are this Sunday. But I still expect a close game.

These forums and the media... all i see and hear are Eli Manning this, Eli Manning that...

why is everyone so concerned about Eli Mannig? I'm not. We've faced better offenses than the Giants, such as #1 Ranked Seahawks.

I think the more threatening quarterback is, thats right, Mark Brunell.

Mark Brunell leads what we see as the #2 Ranked Offense in the league.

Who is Eli Manning?

So the Giants say mess up Brunells timing by blitzing... ok... here is their problem... it leaves Santana Moss 1 on 1 with some no-name CB that plays for the 30th ranked defense in the league. Oh, who said Brunell can't avoid pressure and run? Did everyone forget that Brunell has the ability to avoid the pass rush??? ask Dallas and Seattle.

OK, so they double team Santana Moss... here is another problem for them... Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts, Chris Cooley, Mike Sellars, David Patten, James Thrash, Taylor Jacobs?... We have too many weapons on offense for a 30th ranked defense to contain.

I see the Redskins moving the ball at will against the Giants, and scoring on almost all of their offensive possessions. I see the Defense rattling Eli manning. Who can confuse a 2nd year QB better than Greg Williams D??? Even his older brother, Payton Manning, who i believe is way better, couldn't even handle a mediocre Patriots D the past few years.

Giants are gonna be exposed this weak, in a big way.

This is the game where the Redskins decisively show everyone that they are the team to beat in the NFC East. Then against the Eagles 2 weeks from now, they will show everyone they are the team to beat in the NFC, period.

perhaps i'm a little over confident. but our team is the most consistent team i've seen this year next to the Colts. Our D is good, stuggled (to me the big runs were flukes), but is getting better and better... and now #56 is implemented. . .

Our offense has been moving up the ranks... 11th, 7th... and now 2nd. Will we over throw Seattle for #1??? dont be surpised after the game against the Giants.

sure, we put 52 points on the 49ers, no need to celebrate... the one question is, who else put 52 points on the 49ers? no one. the COLTS, powerranking #1, only put up 28. To me, we lost to the Broncos, and the Giants beat the Broncos. One thing I've noticed, the Broncos has been the same team since they beat us, no improvement. The past few weeks, the Redskins have taken strides. We have gotten better.

Conclusion,

Giants are getting OWN3D this week.

This is the best post I have ever read and you might be a little overconfident but I'm right there with you. I agree with everything you say on this post. I think that we are a very bad matchup for the G-girls. :cheers:

sure, we put 52 points on the 49ers, no need to celebrate... the one question is, who else put 52 points on the 49ers? no one. the COLTS, powerranking #1, only put up 28.

Now that is a very good point.

And the Colts the supposed #1 team didn't blow out Houston either.....we are supposedly a paper team yet blew out who we should and could have easily had 60+ points.

And the Colts the supposed #1 team didn't blow out Houston either.....we are supposedly a paper team yet blew out who we should and could have easily had 60+ points.

the colts should have handled the texans better than they did.

we went easy on the 49ers... and still put up 52... not to mention Giants D isnt any better.

I'll give Eli credit and since he is only in his second year is scary.

The kid does have the look of Peyton and its very likely that he will be calling his own plays in upcoming season.

We better hope that in two years when brunell is done that Campbell is just as much a franchise QB we think he will be.

I dont think S Taylor will be exclusively on Shockey due to the size and physical attributes he may be covering the 6'5 Plaxico more than shockey

Looking at the myriad statistics available for these 2 teams, and based upon the continuing improvement on both sides of the ball for the Redskins, along with the return of significant players to the field, such as Springs and Arrington, I had become convinced the Washington Redskins would probably win this important NFC East game... until I saw the piercing analysis from GIANTSWORLD in this post.

... But wait, what is this? Eli Will Own You Sunday --- EWOYS? Hmmmm.... I think what you *meant* to say was, "Eli Will Own sKins Sunday," which would have created "EWOKS" -- it all makes sense now! Ewoks mean Star Wars, which means Evil Empire, which means George Steinbrenner, which means New York, so you're the Empire like in Star Wars, and that makes us the Rebellion, which means of course the Redskins are going to blow your "Death Star" of a team to smithereens!

I know this is the wrong thread but I couldn't resist.

eli.jpg

Archived