Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx Field vs. Arrowhead Stadium ???

bryanyoung

Just curious about something. How does FedEx field matchup against Arrowhead stadium? On a scale of 1-10, and 10 being Arrowhead stadium, where does FedEx field rank with opponents and their fans fearing to come in to?

And, what would it take us fans to do to get FedEx field to that level?

:feedback:

Fed Ex is loud at times but we have the biggest stadium in the league. Maybe if we were not so busy doing the waive while our team was on Offense we would have enough energy to cheer our defense:doh: Too many Wine and Cheese fans who recieved the tickets from work that could care less about the skins.

Just curious about something. How does FedEx field matchup against Arrowhead stadium? On a scale of 1-10, and 10 being Arrowhead stadium, where does FedEx field rank with opponents and their fans fearing to come in to?

And, what would it take us fans to do to get FedEx field to that level?

:feedback:

All it takes is winning at home and everything else will come with it. RFK was harder to win in then Arrowhead stadium because we only lost 1 Playoff game there out of 12 and never lost the NFC championship at home out of 5 tries. Arrohead never won an AFC championship and only got to one. Fed Ex will be just like it when the the wins keep coming because the fans keep coming and getting louder and louder. I expect this year to be the beginning of true history for Fed Ex Field because Gibbs will make this stadium as hard to win in as RFK and even harder because theres 91,000 seats in Fed Ex vs 53,000 in RFK. if we win the next 3 games, 49ers, at GIANTS and 3rd game home vs PHILLY on Sunday Night, no teams gonna want to come here and play because we will be in 1st place in the NFC East and from here on out its the fight for home field advatage, the NFC East and Playoffs!!! Think its loud now, wait a few more weeks brotha ;-)

Well, I think our stadium is nicely laid out, big, and comfortable and it is made in such a way as it is very loud on the field if the fans are into it. The difference is the Chiefs fans actually seem to understand it's good to cheer for their team and how. We have fans doing the wave when our offense has the ball, don't get as into it as they should and are NOW talking about distracting from the effort of helping the team by rooting for Lavar.

Our stadium itself is nicer than Arrowhead, though they have a better traffic flow and better parking. Our fans can't be said to be as good on the whole. Now, if we start winning, I suspect no place will be like FedEx. If I can get to the sidelines for a game I'll try to compare it with KC for you but I don't currently have myself scheduled for either of the home games I"m going to as coverage.

KC has their crowd trained with that whole 'FIRST DOWN!' thing.

Stadium announcer : "...and that's good for another Kansas City"

Scorebore flashes FIRST DOWN

Crowd Shouts : "First down!"

Man that got annoying. I really didn't think Arrowhead was all that loud until our final 4TH down. Then it got deafing on the field.

I have mentioned before, I was at old Soldier Field in Chicago twice (before they rebuilt) and that place was SO freakin' loud. It was incredible. Much louder than I have ever heard FedEx. With 20-some thousand less people. I had to scream to talk to the person next to me. It has yet to get like that at FedEx when I have been there. However, the Chicago game this year was pretty sweet. People seemed to get pretty cranked up.

But I think the problem is that damn Club level. All the Chardonnay sippers. It kills us. But whatever. It's a revenue source. I guess I can understand. No matter how much it burns my butt.

no way any stadium is louder than our 90,000+ pit hole. seriously, i went to the seahawks game, sitting on the lower level, and dam, i couldn't even talk to my bro and i was shouting at the top of my lungs. Maybe I had 85000 people behind me but I'm telling you FEDEX will start rocking soon. I obviously can't say anything about other stadiums, as I've never been there, but fedex is LOUD. Oh yeah I see a lot of elder people...is this normal, cuz they never stand up, they tell you to sit down and shut up, and they just converse with their partners for the whole game, oblivious there's an awesome game being played on the field...when these people are gone...ohh my. WATCH out league.

oh yeah once we start winning consistently again we'll see more diehard fans coming and thus the stadium will be again 'bush league' <---i can't believe that guy actually said that. IS THAT NOT what a stadium is supposed to do, throw the other team of their game...whatever...bush league or not, I LOVE fedex. (minus the $7 beer and $8 ****tails...the HELL)

All it takes is winning at home and everything else will come with it. RFK was harder to win in then Arrowhead stadium because we only lost 1 Playoff game there out of 12 and never lost the NFC championship at home out of 5 tries. Arrohead never won an AFC championship and only got to one. Fed Ex will be just like it when the the wins keep coming because the fans keep coming and getting louder and louder. I expect this year to be the beginning of true history for Fed Ex Field because Gibbs will make this stadium as hard to win in as RFK and even harder because theres 91,000 seats in Fed Ex vs 53,000 in RFK. if we win the next 3 games, 49ers, at GIANTS and 3rd game home vs PHILLY on Sunday Night, no teams gonna want to come here and play because we will be in 1st place in the NFC East and from here on out its the fight for home field advatage, the NFC East and Playoffs!!! Think its loud now, wait a few more weeks brotha ;-)

Very well said MustangSteve. You got me pumped up for the rest of the season!!! :jump: I'll be doing my part, way up in section 406, screaming my head off as always.

KC has their crowd trained with that whole 'FIRST DOWN!' thing.

Stadium announcer : "...and that's good for another Kansas City"

Scorebore flashes FIRST DOWN

Crowd Shouts : "First down!"

Man that got annoying.

Not as annoying as the one game I saw in Denver..... ugh... that

"IN-COM-PLETE" was quick to get on your nerves...

(okay, okay... insert jab at the Eagles fans re: E-A-G-L-E-S Chant... (HERE))

And Art, I have yet to go to an NFL stadium that doesn't have better traffic flow and parking than FedEx..... nice stadium, awful parking situation... just sayin.

As for you guys in FedEx this year... well, I haven't been yet and won't go until 11/6 .... but you guys seem MUCH louder this year. The more the Skins keep winning the louder it'll be I imagine. I've sat in section 114 right by the visitor tunnel the past 3 years or so.... but I think I'll be up higher this year.... should be fun.

:cheers:

Archived