Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Rock Be Cut Like Antonio Brown was??

skin_finatic

Rock isn't a rookie anymore, he should know better than to not cover up the football with both hands, ESPESCIALLY since this isn't the first time he's caughed it up.

What I'm saying is, humans only have two hands to protect one ball. Now factor in at least 3 sets of hands and their respective bodies trying to dislodge the ball...Fumbles happen. Even the best players in the league fumble.

Don't be so dramatic. Rock got crushed by 3 people. When Betts comes back you won't see too much of Rock in at RB.

Should we cut Brunell? How about our entire O-Line for having a bad game or the entire defense for missing like 10 tackles on the Priest screen.

She's expressing her opinions, too.

Nice, guys,, gang up on her for doing what you're doing, except she's not agreeing with you.

~Bang

Thanks Bang.

But it really is no big deal.

He is the goat of the game.

Brunell is some games.

Other players other times.

They can say all they want.

But it is Gibbs opinion that matters. And I heard Gibbs say Rock is an absolute Redskin.

So, when we make the playoffs and they all think Gibbs is all that again, we can revisit this.

Thanks!!

Blondie

You know what the sad thing was, as soon as he checked into the game when Portis went out and got his face mask worked on, I asked myself "why havn't we seen Rock in there giving Portis more breathers that much? He's a good runner." Then it dawned on me that maybe he had fumbling problems. So then I instantly said to myself and Rock on the TV screen, "OK Rock, hold on to the football. What ever you do, DON'T fumble the ball."

And what does he do? He fumbles the frickin' ball! #@%! :mad:

This depends more on whether they think they can do better with Broughton. You don't just cut a guy for punitive reasons on a whim, or to maintain a fan's view of consistency.

Cutting a Kick returner is a bit different, especially when you have two other experienced KR on the squad.

If everyone was cut for making a mistake we'd never get anyplace. When a guy is cut for screwing up, you better be damn sure the guy taking his place will do better.

James Thrash makes cutting Brown easy. Broughton makes cutting Cartwright hard.

~Bang

We not only cut a KR but a guy who is as FAST as moss. I know he had the fumble in the first game and horrible preseason game with the drops but he did well in the others. He was also young and could have developed into another deep threat. I think it was clear that Gibbs sent a message with his release especially after bragging about him all preseason and calling him maybe the fastest guy on the team and a potential big time threat at WR.

The whole point is Rock has been here a while and has had his shot and holding onto him because of special teams dosen't make any sense. If we can't replace a special teams player and a 3rd string RB then we have really bad scouts.

I like the guy. I also liked Antonio Brown. I followed him ever since he was at WVU and I think we used him as an escape goat for our turnovers. He had 10 times the potential that Rock has. So it's now rocks turn.

RFL really has no right to prop someone else for saying "people are expressing their opinions."

All he's done to me recently is state I shouldn't post because he doesn't agree with what I say.

Hypocritical, to say the least.

And I wouldn't cut Rock for the fumble, maybe even Brown would still be on the team if not for the fact he wasn't getting return yards and was making poor decisions and our kicker got hurt.

Guest amaprius

Brunell should be benched if he is constantly getting sacked and fumbling all the time like another QB we have.

Maybe even benched for good after all he has been playing well despite our sucky O-line and if we want to be consistent....LA plays well and is riding the bench....we need to keep our good players there.

And I heard Gibbs say Rock is an absolute Redskin.

Is an absolute redskin the same as a core redskin? If so that statement means about as much as someone's opinion of a player that they have personal ties to.

It is weak to say cut a guy after 1 bad game, though.

The guy is 3rd string but has value on special teams, he was in on offense due to injury to Betts not his ball handling skills.

Well I am furious right now and don't know if this thread is up because the site is so slow because its busy. Antonio Brown fumbled against the Bears and was cut.

If you watched Joe gibbs press conference you would see all the love he has for the guy...

The whole point is Rock has been here a while and has had his shot and holding onto him because of special teams dosen't make any sense. If we can't replace a special teams player and a 3rd string RB then we have really bad scouts.

The KR is replaced by a guy with experience in Thrash or Betts. Cutting Cartwright replaces him with a rookie.

I didn't say I agreed one way or another, I'm just trying to illustrate that hollering for Rock's head could end up leaving us in a worse situation, since Broughton has yet to prove he's worth a nickel.

the whole point is, you can cut a player for disciplinary reasons if you have someone who can do better. At KR, we have experience in Thrash and Betts. at 3rd Rb we haven't got that luxury.

~Bang

Archived