Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Rock Be Cut Like Antonio Brown was??

skin_finatic

She's expressing her opinions, too.

Nice, guys,, gang up on her for doing what you're doing, except she's not agreeing with you.

~Bang

Bang...

Its not the fact that she is expressing her opinion but how she is. I dont know anymore, its not even worth opinionating over :laugh:

I like Rock, always have since we drafted him. He by no means lost the game for us, sure it didnt help with the fumble. But a guy his height, now this is MHO, but I think he has small hands and this will happen time to time. He is by far too important special teams player to get rid of.

Only thing that saves his job is s/teams. I would not let him carry the rock again.

He has cost us before with his fumbles as a rb.

I realise I didn't see the game, today, but,

Are you certain about him fumbling previously?

As far as I'm aware, he onlt touched the ball twice last year.

The year before that was Steve's last, and according to the redskins.com stats, ge carried 107 times, averaging 3.8 per attempt. (And, as I have pointed out once or twice, going 5 for 5 on fourth and short, and 11 for 13 on third and short.) But redskins.com doesn't list fumbles.

And in his rookie year (Steve's first), he had 3 carries.

I'm not claiming that my memory is good enough to just declare that he's never fumbled before, but it's possible that he hasn't.

Thanks Bang.

But it really is no big deal.

He is the goat of the game.

Brunell is some games.

Other players other times.

They can say all they want.

But it is Gibbs opinion that matters. And I heard Gibbs say Rock is an absolute Redskin.

So, when we make the playoffs and they all think Gibbs is all that again, we can revisit this.

Thanks!!

Blondie

If he needs cheering up (a distinct possibility), do a search in the '03 (I think) archives, and you'll find about 1,000 "Cut Steven Davis because he fumbles too often" posts.

(I'm not saying that the Skins owe Rock as much as they owe Davis. I'm simply saying that there are some folks 'round here who are real quick with the "Cut him" posts.)

If he needs cheering up (a distinct possibility), do a search in the '03 (I think) archives, and you'll find about 1,000 "Cut Steven Davis because he fumbles too often" posts.

(I'm not saying that the Skins owe Rock as much as they owe Davis. I'm simply saying that there are some folks 'round here who are real quick with the "Cut him" posts.)

Oh, I remember those posts. I remember much of the rantings and ravings of our board.

Today, I was very disappointed.....and I let those rantings and ravings get to me.

A mistake for a knowlegeable football fan.

It won't happen again.

Blondoe

In fact, as I see post after post claiming that Rock's mistakes cost us the game because it got run back for a TD (and, I guess, nobody else's mistakes are so easily associated with points), I'm now remembering a Steven Davis play where he fumbled into the end zone, and it got picked up by some idiot (Cowboy? or was it a Cardinal?) who ran it back 100 yards for a TD.

The general claim was that Davis should be cut because he somehow posessed the psychic ability to tell that a play was going to be important, and only fumble on those plays.

But yes, there were a bunch of people who blamed him not only for the fumble, but for the runback as well.

Archived