Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Lavar column -- this guy gets it :).

Art

Hey, the TEAM did that last line, not me.

My line would have been, "Now that you've read the definitive LaVar Arrington story, please visit ExtremeSkins.com to talk about something else."

I'm a noob. I've bothered myself to read all the latest rants about the state of this board, and the constant Lavarr banter. I think the discussion has some merit, but understand that it's tiring. Thanks for the article...and that last zinger in the quote above!

Hey, the TEAM did that last line, not me.

My line would have been, "Now that you've read the definitive LaVar Arrington story, please visit ExtremeSkins.com to talk about something else."

I laughed outloud when I read your reply. I knew there was a reason we get along.

The only area where I will question the coaching staff right now is this: I don't think the apparent policy of not speaking publicly about player moves is working. You leave the fans in the dark, carefully making only positive comments about a player, and then all of a sudden people realize what you've been saying in public doesn't match up with what you actually intend to do with that player. Happened with Ramsey, happening now with Arrington. "Oh yeah, he's great. Oh yeah, we want him to be a big contributor." Then all of a sudden, he's on the bench. Even if there may be positive intentions behind it, it clearly doesn't work in this era of "new media". Maybe somebody should try to get that point through to the staff. They've done a lot of good things to create a state-of-the-art media operation, but the info coming from the coaches right now is not very "adept" or "savvy" at all.

I agree with this post.

I was one of the "white-hot" pro-Arrington people earlier this week until Gibbs made his statement Monday (or Tuesday?). While I love Coach Gibbs, a LOT of the resultant furor could have been avoided by being more up front as to why Lavar isn't playing. This "package" and "not doing it in practice" nonsense is too elusive. Then Bugel made his comment which seemed to be a swipe at Lavar's intelligence and abilities.

Having been more direct and communicative would have possibly eliminated the emotional damage that has been done on both sides, and possibly have ended more happily for both parties.

good ol art is just another egotistical journalistic trying to prove what he writes is the all-knowing all-amazing truth. truth is my favortie washington redskins have just been getting lucky all year. their defense has not been as talented as last year, and a player like lavar will improve that immediately.

1st win was against a horrible bears team, and we couldn't even score a touchdown. anytime 3 field goals win a game = lucky

2nd win dallas destroyed us for 56 minutes. it was like a video game, just start bombing it and hope you get lucky. very lucky win, but i'll take it against dallas.

3rd win seattle misses a last second field goal to win it after driving the whole field to tie the game with a minute left? winning that game = lucky

1st loss, everyone felt it, luck had to run out sometime. if brunell connected on that 2 point conversion, the world was gonna end.

but quickly analyzing the last 3 games, our defense almost or does lose games by allowing 80 yard drives in the 4th quarter, or giving up the big flee flicker play to glenn, or two huge runs in denver. giving up BIG plays shows an UNDisciplined defense. Lavar isn't the answer to everything, but in the end he WILL help a defense thats not perfect. they're great, not perfect. bringing in lavar can't hurt, he's not a virus. he's the most talented guy on the team, and has been for 5 years. he's the man, get over it.

This is a sensitive subject that involves the team and Lavar. If he had such a problem with Free-lancing and was undisciplined why sign him to an extension and tell him he is the franchise player.

:2cents:

That was done by Snyder before Joe Gibbs and Company got here...you think that would have been done under Gibbs's watch...I don't thtink so.

You seem to think that the coaches tailor how they handle the media to how the fans feel. Wrong!! It's much more important to protect the team, including the players you are having issues with.

You can bet Lavar's teammates know exactly why he's not playing, and, given the success without him, are not going to choose his side over the coaches. However, if the coaches step out and throw Lavar under the bus by discussing the real problem in a public forum, the players will lose trust and respect for the staff. It's called Leadership, guys.

It isn't important to the on field success of the team that the fans know the inside info on these kind of deals. That there are those questioning the situation given the pedigree of the coaching staff, the play of the defense without Lavar, and the overall improvement of the team as a whole doesn't speak to how the situation is being handled, it speaks to the ignorance of the fan who can't grasp this simple fact.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Well said!

Yeah and the coaches say there was no situation in the Bronco game that fit putting Lavar in. Oh the term their using is package. I don't believe that. Lavar isn't clean in this but neither are the coaches. Both sides need to stop this.

Here ..Here.. :cheers:

Both sides are wrong and I would hopethe coaches could spare the drama and just tell us the truth without covering it up with this "packages" crap! :puke:

This is a great article. You have some great insight if only Lavar seen this and the media chose to believe this instead of making more to the situation that there is. We all want Lavar in there but we all want to win too. He can help us win, but as you stated, he is not bigger than the coaches or the team this time around.

Our you people actuly watching the Redskins, or just to caught up in your own little fantasy fan worlds. I challenge you all to look at the defense with Lavar in the game,and to look at the defense without him. You can compare the Bears game with any game this year and last. Football and all sports our about winning, and Lavar gives us the best chance to do that period............

Our you people actuly watching the Redskins, or just to caught up in your own little fantasy fan worlds. I challenge you all to look at the defense with Lavar in the game,and to look at the defense without him. You can compare the Bears game with any game this year and last. Football and all sports our about winning, and Lavar gives us the best chance to do that period............
More often than not on a run play the end has contain...not tackling reponsibility. Daniel's got contain. I think the coaching staff would be more clear about Holdman's inability to shed that block if this LA thing wasn't all over the media. They are trying to keep the team focused on objectives so they continue to quiet all the media chatter. Fact is Holdman's numbers are lousy. I believe in the coaching staff. But it kills me that LA and the staff cannot get on the same page. I think GW's personality has as much to do with this as anything, and Joe is definitely going to back a coach before a player regardless of whether Dan Snyder has dubbed him "The face..." or not. I have all faith in Gibb's. He managed a certain Wilbur Marshall back in the day, remember? In fact it would be great if Marshall would have a little chat with 56 asap.

"our..."?

'nuff said!

There is not enough film to evaluate this because Lavar has only played in 2 full games in this system...and they were both before he got injured...if you think that you are going to get the same Lavar that was leaping all over the place, you are mistaken...he is not going to be the same player he was before he injured his knee.

Great article, i think all of us fans need to get past the emotion of Lavar not playing, Lavar needs to do some soul searching. In the Marines we say "Know yourself and seek self-improvement", well Lavar seek improvement, like the coaches are telling you and you will play. :logo:

Here ..Here.. :cheers:

Both sides are wrong and I would hopethe coaches could spare the drama and just tell us the truth without covering it up with this "packages" crap! :puke:

EXACTLY - No more of this package crap. Play him or deactivate him. I'm tired of seeing more shots of Lavar on the sideline than the guy who is playing in his place.

"Like he's looking at his wristband," that's funny. How does it feel to come out of the closet? You're certainly not a scribe, they simply take dictation. I think it time to quit your day job, move to the big city and take a chance on becoming the great sports writer you've always dreamed of. I mean look at the competition, Tony Korndog, et al. Nice Piece.

EXACTLY - I'm tired of seeing more shots of Lavar on the sideline than the guy who is playing in his place.

Then turn off the TV...look you don't deactivate bakcups...Corey Raymer is not gonna be deactivated...Ray Brown is not gonna be deactivated...Ramsey is not gonan be deactivated...and Lavar is not gonna be deactivated...WHY...because they are all backups!

Then turn off the TV...look you don't deactivate bakcups...Corey Raymer is not gonna be deactivated...Ray Brown is not gonna be deactivated...Ramsey is not gonan be deactivated...and Lavar is not gonna be deactivated...WHY...because they are all backups!

My friend - you just named only offensive players who are in a completely different situation. I won't explain because you won't understand.

The ONLY defensive player that did not get on the field at Denver was Lavar. The defense had a big problem with DBs - specifically corners. It is simple math. If you are not going to play him at all. Deactivate him so you have the backups that you really need.

Keep reading - you will learn a thing or two.

As for turning off the TV. Please - I love my Skins and have been with them my whole life. I just know football and am afraid this lucky start is going to vanish like the Spurrier 3-1 start.

My friend - you just named only offensive players who are in a completely different situation. I won't explain because you won't understand.

The ONLY defensive player that did not get on the field at Denver was Lavar. The defense had a big problem with DBs - specifically corners. It is simple math. If you are not going to play him at all. Deactivate him so you have the backups that you really need.

Keep reading - you will learn a thing or two.

As for turning off the TV. Please - I love my Skins and have been with them my whole life. I just know football and am afraid this lucky start is going to vanish like the Spurrier 3-1 start.

Oh so you Mr. Cleo now, predicting what I will and won't understand??

I understasnd the situation with the corners...but how many passing yards did Denver have??? I believe it was under 100 yards. So the corners were not a problem last week.

I love the skins to and have been with them all my life as well...but the Lavar situation is out of our hands...so we should move on and deal with who we have that is playing and contributing.

Archived