Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Gibbs Disputes Arrington Comments

spanishomelette

What's your favorite body part on the opposite sex?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite body part on the opposite sex?

• chest
    • bootay
    • legs
    • other

Guest sith lord
If Lavar had kept his trap shut this whole offseason after we paid him to settle the contract dispute when we needed not to after he insulted the team, the coaches for not talking about him and his knee enough, the owner for the dispute who has coddled this cat for years...all would be fine....Stop digging your own grave deeper lavar and STFU!!!!

After "we" paid him?

here are the answers....and I will highlight the biggest problem this coaching staff has with Lavar......I've said it once....and I will say it again....Lavar lacked the off season commitment that this coaching staff was asking of him

When asked about LaVar's inert status on the defense, Joe Bugel said, "You can't be a flash; you can't make one big play, then make four or five bad plays." Gregg Williams said that players who want to play "have to do it in practice." And according to Bill Maas, a Fox analyst who worked the Denver game, Williams pointed out LaVar "hadn't been to any of the offseason programs." Sounds like they're building a case, doesn't it?

Keep in mind that this coaching staff has not seen a lot of film of LaVar playing within their scheme either. When he did, during the preseason of 2004, he sacked and forced a fumble from M. Vick that was ran back for a TD. During the opener he sacked B. Johnson, had 6 tackles and 1 pass defensed. Followed it up with 7 tackles and a pass defense against NYG.

That is where the actual game film ends on a healthy LaVar for this coaching staff within their system. Remember he did not participate during the majority of the 2005 training camp.

Unless this coaching staff is using game/ practice film from previous coaches tapes there has been little to review. Here's where your arguement of "with the knowledge of what he was supposed to be doing" would work against the current staff, as they were not a part of the former staff.

Plus, it would be difficult to gather practice film on him this season, since it has been reported that he does not get reps in practice either. LaVar has confirmed that and no coach has refuted it.

His brief perfomances last year should at least warrant some playing time this year. W. Holdman has yet to have such an impact. You know about as much about this situation as we do, so let's not challenge each other's ability to enter Redskin Park and breakdown game film with the coaches.

:applause: This post has alot of substance to it my friend. Good job.

Gibbs and the Redskins don't need this when the heart of the schedule is coming up. I sure hope Lavar isn't causing a disruption especially when we have a chance to finally make some noise. I can't remember the last time Lavar caused a turnover or sacked a QB and he can't be staying in footall playing shape rocking the pine. You guys with the Lavar Jerseys better get the burgandy duct tape out. I think his heart is with Pittsburgh anyway and he sure doesn't care about us the true Redskin Fans.

dadirtbags....uh huh...does the name Sean ring a bell?

Yep. But, their are plenty of jock riders in that case, isn't there 62? He gets a free pass from the fans even though he snubbed our beloved coach multiple times. It seems to me, that his level of play has dropped compared to last year, but hey, as long as he makes "Jacked Up" that's all that matters, right? :rolleyes:

I still say this is personal. The bottom line is benching Lavar never became an issue until the contract situation and Lavar saying he was rushed back. Now Lavar may not be right for all of that but this coaching staff has benched Lavar mainly because of that. Gibb and the Skins organization can't convince me otherwise. This is personal. Which means the coaching staff is just as childish.

Gibbs and the Redskins don't need this when the heart of the schedule is coming up. I sure hope Lavar isn't causing a disruption especially when we have a chance to finally make some noise. I can't remember the last time Lavar caused a turnover or sacked a QB and he can't be staying in footall playing shape rocking the pine. You guys with the Lavar Jerseys better get the burgandy duct tape out. I think his heart is with Pittsburgh anyway and he sure doesn't care about us the true Redskin Fans.

Before last season Lavar forced 10 fumbles in 2 seasons. Greg Williams when Lavar wasn't 100%, had no problem putting Lavar down on 3rd down last year. Whats the problem this year? Wasn't he behind because of missed time last season. All of them are full of it.

Lavar can play football...no question about that..he is one of the best...but...if a player misses meetings and practices......that can hurt a team more than sitting a superstar.....and that is what this whole thing is about......Lavar becomes cancer by missing meetings and practices.....Players all of a sudden say to the coaching staff..... "so what if I'm five minutes late to this meeting...at least I made it here unlike Lavar....and once Lavar comes back you guys will play him no matter what"

Guys......Lavar needs to be a leader on this team in order to regain respect...this coaching staff is setting an example on Lavar!!!! Trust me on this one...this coaching staff would love nothing more than to play Lavar....but Lavar has to do everything this coaching staff asks of him....if not...he will sit.....Lavar missing practices and team meetings is what this is all about...Lavar thinking he is above this organization... If I was Coach Gibbs...I would sit him too until he showed he wanted to play and be a huge part of this organization....coming early and leaving late to weekly practices would be a good start for Lavar.....cheering on and sticking by his team mates vs running to the media about this mess would also win this coaching staff.......learning the plays inside and out.....showing Williams he knows his playbook better than most.....would also look good for Lavar....gibbs will not cave in....and Gibbs is using Lavar as an example to the other players not what to do or how to act if you want to remain as a skin!!!!

dadirtbags....uh huh...does the name Sean ring a bell?

Sean missed the mini camps.....Sean was at training camp!!!!...sean also worked his way back in the starting lineup (3rd string to 1st string)...sean made it to the meetings ....I'm sure Sean had a long talk with Gibbs and told Gibbs playing football is the most important thing in his life at this time......I'm sure Sean backed up his words during training camp which is why he is starting and playing

Two points:

1) Lead Blocker's point about the coaches apparently only assessing LaVar on game film from the first 2 weeks of '04 and/or limited practice tape has merit, but does not cover all aspects of how a player is assessed. He is also assessed in the classroom, in the locker room, in the weight room, etc. It is possible that whatever is keeping the coaches from playing LA has as much to do with problems in areas other than on-field performance as it does what they have on film from a year ago. If, as Art suggests elsewhere, the man routinely gives the wrong answers in the classroom, and the guys ahead of him do not ...

2) most people seem to assume that LA is physically the same player today that he was pre-injury last September. That's a big assumption. After a full year of recurrent difficulty with a wheel, we have to at least consider the possibility that the man currently is NOT the same disruptive force we remember, but instead may be a step or two slower (which could well have been determined in preseason and the handful of snaps he's gotten since). Take away his physical freakishness, and what are we left with? A devoted student of the game who can make up for lessened mobility with smarts?

Just sayin'.

Why don't they play him and lets see. Barring injury I'll bet you'll see an immediate impact from Lavar. Greg Williams is a good coach but any coach that suggests that they could find a situation to put Lavar in a game, is nuts or has personal issues. Lets be real. No one can believe that there was not at least one play in an NFL football game that a 3 time pro bowler can get in. Even if we play devils advocate and say well he's never in place which is some B.S. ! I'm not a pro coach but I've coached before and I know Lavar can help this defense.

dadirtbags....oh please....he deliberately avoided the voluntary workouts the coaching staff neverthless wanted the players to attend; he was involved in a shooting incident; there was a big flap over his dissing JG.........criticize LA as you chose....but don't apply a double standard. LA was also recovering during the off-season, as you know. and as you also know, because of all the flap over his claims that he was rushed into action prematurely last season...the coaching staff was deliberately measured in how they wanted him to work back into the fold. he ws under constant medical attention - the docs were calling the shots.

I understand your frustration. no one is coming out looking good in this - neither LA nor the coaching staff. but try to be somewhat objective.

Because, unlike Lavar, the team doesn't like to publicly lash out...they would never be critical of a player in public.

Gregg Williams has probably been planning on using Lavar this year whenever he's proven he's worthy to be on the field...but that doesn't mean he's got to tell everyone about his plans.

You beat me to it!

Before last season Lavar forced 10 fumbles in 2 seasons. Greg Williams when Lavar wasn't 100%, had no problem putting Lavar down on 3rd down last year. Whats the problem this year? Wasn't he behind because of missed time last season. All of them are full of it.

Maybe the problem this year is we are winning without him. He was forcing fumbles before his knee injury. I think he has gotten tenative and gun shy since his injury and is not the same player he was at Penn State.

I'm sick of BS quotes like this one. When he played, Lavar did not "make one great play and then make four or five bad ones". He made an OCCASIONAL bad play. He made many more good plays than bad plays. Don't use ridiculous and slanderous accusations to try to make your point.

God Bless Joe Gibbs, but there's no way LA should be riding the pines. It's patently absurd. We have a good defense, BUT:

1. they don't rush the passer;

2. they don't cause fumbles;

3. they don't get interceptions.

If we don't start doing those things, we won't go far in the playoffs, if we even get there. For those things you need playmakers and wreckers on defense. The most disruptive (to the offense) player we have is LA. GET HIM IN THE GAME!!!

Go back and watch film on Lavar. You have a lot of film to cover and a lot to learn. When you finally see the truth of it, come on back. We'll be waiting for you.

Why don't they play him and lets see. Barring injury I'll bet you'll see an immediate impact from Lavar. Greg Williams is a good coach but any coach that suggests that they could find a situation to put Lavar in a game, is nuts or has personal issues. Lets be real. No one can believe that there was not at least one play in an NFL football game that a 3 time pro bowler can get in. Even if we play devils advocate and say well he's never in place which is some B.S. ! I'm not a pro coach but I've coached before and I know Lavar can help this defense.

Due respect, DC, but no you don't.

You're like several thousand other Redskins fans who look at the situation from the outside in and think you know better than the professionals on in the inside. And nothing that anybody says to you is going to change your mind.

Right?

Maybe the problem this year is we are winning without him. He was forcing fumbles before his knee injury. I think he has gotten tenative and gun shy since his injury and is not the same player he was at Penn State.

OK he got hurt last season after the 1st 2 games. In which he produced more results than Holdman has in 4 games. He appeared in 2 more but didn't play the whole games because of his knee. Last season they (Coaches) never said anything about Lavar not getting it. He hasn't really played, so this kills the coaches arguments about him not doing his assignments. I'll say it again Ade Jimoh has gotten cooked under different coaching staffs here. Why does he gets snaps? I'm not just talking Special teams or injuries to 1st teamers. Jimoh gets snaps but he's bum as a corner. To tell me Lavar can't just rush the passer on 3rd and long which requires no responsibility. That tells me this is personal.

This whole Lavar thing is getting old reaaaaaaaally quickly..... :doh:

I agree!!!! most of the people on this site who are sticking up for Lavar.....want the skins to win....but not at the expense of enforcing rules which these players have to follow

Guys....you cant have it both ways!!!!!

A well disciplined team is what this coaching staff is aiming for.....if you all want wins.....discipline must be enforced!!!!

I'm sick of BS quotes like this one. When he played, Lavar did not "make one great play and then make four or five bad ones". He made an OCCASIONAL bad play. He made many more good plays than bad plays. Don't use ridiculous and slanderous accusations to try to make your point.

God Bless Joe Gibbs, but there's no way LA should be riding the pines. It's patently absurd. We have a good defense, BUT:

1. they don't rush the passer;

2. they don't cause fumbles;

3. they don't get interceptions.

If we don't start doing those things, we won't go far in the playoffs, if we even get there. For those things you need playmakers and wreckers on defense. The most disruptive (to the offense) player we have is LA. GET HIM IN THE GAME!!!

The problem with your perspective is our scoring record cannot allow for 2 bad plays per game. Look at last week. I want Lavarr on the field for the same 3 reasons you do, and frankly I saw Holdman get beat on the first of those two long runs last week. But Holdman has been where he needs to be the rest of the time.

Gibbs' tone when he answered this last query says tome this story is about to end. Either:

1.He will be deactivated

2.The offense will post enough points to allow him on the field.

Let's hope it is the latter!

OM...you know I value your insights/opinions very highly. and I even buy into the "they know better argument"...used ity myself in the PR situation. But there is a hole in that line of thought - the coaching staff isn't always right...unless you are maitaining they are infallible.

I have to be careful here...while I agree, in the main, with the idea that "father knows best"....it appears to have become the idea of last resort for many on this board. it's not a convincing argument in every instance.

dadirtbags....oh please....he deliberately avoided the voluntary workouts the coaching staff neverthless wanted the players to attend; he was involved in a shooting incident; there was a big flap over his dissing JG.........criticize LA as you chose....but don't apply a double standard. LA was also recovering during the off-season, as you know. and as you also know, because of all the flap over his claims that he was rushed into action prematurely last season...the coaching staff was deliberately measured in how they wanted him to work back into the fold. he ws under constant medical attention - the docs were calling the shots.

I understand your frustration. no one is coming out looking good in this - neither LA nor the coaching staff. but try to be somewhat objective.

LA milked his recovery!!!!! after the 3rd game of last season.....now he is back and ready to play 2 weeks prior to this season. come on!!!!! get real....this coaching staff watches everything that goes on...... there is a reason why Arrington is sitting.....and this is the reason why......I will stick by this coaching staff....you can have Steve (let his players do whatever weather it be on the cell phone...bringing in players girlfriends to meetings...leaving early from practice...showing up late) Spurrier!!!!!

Have you actually watched any of the games this season, sure Lavar makes plays but he gives up big plays too, so don't give me that B.S.

I happen to support Gibbs in this thing but how would "watching any of the games this season" prove ANYTHING about Lavar's play. He isn't giving up big plays while being firmly planted on the pine.

Also, the dork comment was unwarranted and uncalled for.

OM...you know I value your insights/opinions very highly. and I even buy into the "they know better argument"...used ity myself in the PR situation. But there is a hole in that line of thought - the coaching staff isn't always right...unless you are maitaining they are infallible.

I have to be careful here...while I agree, in the main, with the idea that "father knows best"....it appears to have become the idea of last resort for many on this board. it's not a convincing argument in every instance.

Nobody has suggested it is, Al.

But it's whole lot more compelling in the context of fans judging professional coaches from their computer screens on personnel decisions.

If you had to bet your life on either Gibbs/Williams or skinzruleALL/#56isaGOD, my guess is you wouldn't trot out the old appeal to authority fallacy very often, but appeal instead to common sense.

No? :)

Archived