Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Gibbs Disputes Arrington Comments

spanishomelette

What's your favorite body part on the opposite sex?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite body part on the opposite sex?

• chest
    • bootay
    • legs
    • other

I've stayed out of the Lavar drama up to now but I can't take it any more.

Here's the deal:

We're 3-1. We're in 1st place.

Did I mention 3-1?

We're ahead of the Eagles.

We're ahead of Dallas.

Oh yeah, we're 3-1.

If we were 1-3 I could see all the second guessing. But we're not.

If Joe, Joe, and Gregg think we are better off with Lavar on the bench I'm cool with it.

Because we're 3-1.

If Joe or Gregg want to suit up PeeWee Herman to play nose tackle, I'm cool with it.

Why? You guessed it...because we're 3-1.

I haven't tasted 1st place with a hope of staying there since the first time Gibbs was here so I would like to sit back and enjoy it.

So our defense isn't aggressive enough for some of you....

Soooooooo what?

We are winning games.

So get over it.

You're killing my buzz.

This is my sentiment exactly.

Gibbs Disputes Arrington Comments

Redskins Coach Says Linebacker Knows Reason for Benching

"Our coaching staff here has got tons of experience, and, I believe, plays the best guys. So at whatever point LaVar is the best person to be in there, I'm convinced he'll be in there. That'll pretty much end it for me, and I want to concentrate on playing Kansas City."

Done, and done.

I love it! Now we've got the Gibbs-Is-God crew up against the Lavar apologists! Keep swinging people!

If I wasn't already so sick of this ridiculous drama this would be really entertaining.

Is this the only thing worth talking about with a 3-1 record? God help us if we make the playoffs...

I'm sick of BS quotes like this one. When he played, Lavar did not "make one great play and then make four or five bad ones". He made an OCCASIONAL bad play. He made many more good plays than bad plays. Don't use ridiculous and slanderous accusations to try to make your point.

LaVar has lost a few games for us, as recently as his last full-time season in '03.

He and Trotter lost the Carolina game for us with their freelancing. Yes, it was freelancing.

He singlehandedly lost us the game against Miami that same season.

The same season, he misread a tackle on Jim Finn that led to a huge play and a game winning field goal for the Giants in OT. Jim Finn, not exactly a Pro Bowl-level player or anything like that. I swear people think of LaVar and they think of the "LaVar Leap" from Penn State and only that.

He tried that once in the Pros and whiffed, also.

I'm sick of BS quotes like this one. When he played, Lavar did not "make one great play and then make four or five bad ones". He made an OCCASIONAL bad play. He made many more good plays than bad plays. Don't use ridiculous and slanderous accusations to try to make your point.

Wow, that's pretty cool, dude. You can break down film, notice tendencies, know what defenses are being called, and know Lavar's assignment on every play better than the coaching staff. Sweet, man.

I wish I was as gifted as you.

In my opinion, Lavar just doesn't get it. Period. He keeps breaking Gibbs' rule

Number 1. DO NOT EMBARASS THE TEAM AT ALL, AT ANY TIME. His Terrell Owens' like attitude is growing tiresome. He appears (on the surface) to not care about learning GW's system and being a team player. He could be good, no GREAT, in this system but he seems too spoiled to me. Let him sit. Let him learn.

Could you be any further off base on this one Pskins? I don't think LaVar and TO are even in remotely similar situations.

I love Coach Gibbs, but something stinks with this LaVar thing. Fortunately for the team LaVar isn't like TO whose sole focus this off season was causing a disruption. "I love me some me!" Has Lavar ever even come close to adopting that kind of persona? Has Lavar ever questioned a teammates sexual preference or conditioning? Has he ever gotten into it with teammates and coaches on the sideline during a game?

LaVar is justified in defending his character and he has willingly accepted the critisism of his play. Even if he doesn't agree with it. Now all he wants is a chance to prove people wrong regarding his play.

If anyone thinks LaVar should just sit down and shut up about this, then they're not being realistic. He has said his piece, and I don't think you'll hear much more than a "no comment" from him or Coach Gibbs from here on.

As for not embarrasing the team. The team is doing a good job of that all on their own. Your highest paid defensive player is sitting on the bench, healthy, while your losing?

Keep in mind that this coaching staff has not seen a lot of film of LaVar playing within their scheme either. When he did, during the preseason of 2004, he sacked and forced a fumble from M. Vick that was ran back for a TD. During the opener he sacked B. Johnson, had 6 tackles and 1 pass defensed. Followed it up with 7 tackles and a pass defense against NYG.

That is where the actual game film ends on a healthy LaVar for this coaching staff within their system. Remember he did not participate during the majority of the 2005 training camp.

Unless this coaching staff is using game/ practice film from previous coaches tapes there has been little to review. Here's where your arguement of "with the knowledge of what he was supposed to be doing" would work against the current staff, as they were not a part of the former staff.

Plus, it would be difficult to gather practice film on him this season, since it has been reported that he does not get reps in practice either. LaVar has confirmed that and no coach has refuted it.

His brief perfomances last year should at least warrant some playing time this year. W. Holdman has yet to have such an impact. You know about as much about this situation as we do, so let's not challenge each other's ability to enter Redskin Park and breakdown game film with the coaches.

Seems like everyone is staying away from your post Lead Blocker. It's spot on. You can lead block for me any day! :applause:

:notworthy :notworthy :cheers: :cheers:

For me this is like a great offensive coordinator who has this great reputation for building offenses coming into Atlanta, installing his scheme and trying to make Michael Vick fit into it instead of using the gifts that Vick possesses and incorporating it into his offense.

LaVar has skills nobody else on our roster possesses and yet he's not being used? :doh:

Please

Great Point! i would say it be even more like benching Vick because he runs to much. :wavetowel

Reading the comments on this board has actually put me in a bad mood. I have to write something to ease my frustration.

I find some of this boards blind following of the coaching staff as rather funny. Several people have mentioned the fact that we are 3-1 as "good enough for them". Do you people forget 2003, or how about 2002. 3-1 records those years right? 2002 was 2-1 I think don't quite remeber. How did those seasons turn out? This last comment from Gibbs is puzzling at best. It is definitely a stab directly at Lavar's crediabilty.

I think there is way more to this situation than it seems. And it has nothing to do with Lavar's football play.

But hey, pay no attention to the man behind the curtains, we're 3-1.. ;)

God Bless Joe Gibbs, but there's no way LA should be riding the pines. It's patently absurd. We have a good defense, BUT:

1. they don't rush the passer;

2. they don't cause fumbles;

3. they don't get interceptions.

If we don't start doing those things, we won't go far in the playoffs, if we even get there. For those things you need playmakers and wreckers on defense. The most disruptive (to the offense) player we have is LA. GET HIM IN THE GAME!!!

Is it possible you are also completely wrong about this situation?

No. We'll still win a game here and there, but Brunell is CLEARLY washed up and won't take us anywhere this season. MAYBE we can eak out a 7-9 season with Brunell. Yay.

When Gibbs came back, it felt like a dream. Who could have guessed it would turn into a nightmare?

If you can't plainly see what's wrong with starting Brunell, then there's no point explaining it to you. You won't understand.

Brunell is washed-up. Finished. Done.

Let's prepare ourselves for the ugly coming truth. Gibbs will start Brunell. Ramsey is done in DC. This season and next season are shot. Maybe in 2 years Campbell will be ready to play and we can start building something. :(

I find some of this boards blind following of the coaching staff as rather funny. Several people have mentioned the fact that we are 3-1 as "good enough for them". Do you people forget 2003, or how about 2002. 3-1 records those years right? 2002 was 2-1 I think don't quite remeber.

You honestly can't see anything different about the '05 team versus the '02-'03 teams other than the initial record? This is a completely different team with different Coaches, players and, most of all, heart & attitude. I think it's safe to say our current 3-1 team is better than SOS's 3-1 team and Coach Gibbs won't quit on us halfway through the year.

I think Coach Gibbs has earned my trust as far as his Football knowledge more than LaVar, too, so yeah... I tend to believe Coach Gibbs a little more.

:logo: There is no way anyone should compare Lavar to TO thats totally ridiculous. I believe there is something else going on here we don't know about, but my main belief is as much as I love and respect Joe, Lavar and the Redskins if you are not going to play him trade him for someone who they feel will make a difference and let both parties go on with what they need to do ( this pissing contest is not doing anyone any good ) and actually is starting to disgust me. I also believe Lavar has the right to defend his character just as any one else does..:logo: :notworthy :cheers:

I've stayed out of the Lavar drama up to now but I can't take it any more.

Here's the deal:

We're 3-1. We're in 1st place.

Did I mention 3-1?

We're ahead of the Eagles.

We're ahead of Dallas.

Oh yeah, we're 3-1.

If we were 1-3 I could see all the second guessing. But we're not.

If Joe, Joe, and Gregg think we are better off with Lavar on the bench I'm cool with it.

Because we're 3-1.

If Joe or Gregg want to suit up PeeWee Herman to play nose tackle, I'm cool with it.

Why? You guessed it...because we're 3-1.

I haven't tasted 1st place with a hope of staying there since the first time Gibbs was here so I would like to sit back and enjoy it.

So our defense isn't aggressive enough for some of you....

Soooooooo what?

We are winning games.

So get over it.

You're killing my buzz.

We are 3-1 Probably could have been 4-0 and with LaVar riding the pine we will be 3-2 then 3-3 and the Eagles and Cowboys will catch up. Winning masks alot, when the losing comes and it's defensive related then everyone will be on the Arrington Bandwagon, Coaches make mistakes too and sitting LaVar is a mistake this TEAM can't afford to keep making. Remember a HARD HEAD MAKES A SOFT A$$ Greg Williams has a VERY SOFT A$$!! Sean Taylor and LaVar Arrington on the field at the same time. Enough said!

Not at all. They both were trying to play their view out in the forum of public opinion. The difference between TO and Lavar is that TO made the mistake of insulting on of the most popular players on the Eagles. He hasn't done that yet with Gibbs, but he's come very close.

Jason

Who has Lavar insulted? Give me a quote.

I'll compare it to the list of TO insults.

You honestly can't see anything different about the '05 team versus the '02-'03 teams other than the initial record? This is a completely different team with different Coaches, players and, most of all, heart & attitude. I think it's safe to say our current 3-1 team is better than SOS's 3-1 team and Coach Gibbs won't quit on us halfway through the year.

I think Coach Gibbs has earned my trust as far as his Football knowledge more than LaVar, too, so yeah... I tend to believe Coach Gibbs a little more.

Don't get me wrong, I see a completely different team. I have the feeling for the first time in 10 years that we have a team that cares about winning more than looking good. I also feel that we have a very stubborn staff that has done things their way and wants to prove people wrong, which I think is great.

I also believe that just because we are 3-1, agains't a somewhat weak schedule, doens't mean that we don't have alot of improving to do before the end of the season. I want us to be a playoff team, a team that dominates teams from time to time. That is what Gibbs did during his first regime, and he was famous for his adjustments.

With that said about Gibbs, I don't feel the same about G. Williams. He was hard headed about change in Buffalo and he seems to be following the same pattern. "Don't tell me who my starters are", "I say what players play" etc. Gibbs is doing nothing but what a great leader does. Put people he believes in, in a position they can succeed and defend them in public. I can't fault Gibbs for this. I just hope that ego's aren't getting in the way of letting this team become great.

BTW, I think Lavar is going about this situation wrong. I've listened to him everyweek on the JTS, tell us that he doesn't want to make this a issue. Doesn't want a soap opera, etc... Well then Lavar, STFU about it. Next time anybody ask's you a question, tell them no comment, or I'm working hard to help the team, nothing else.

Wow, that's pretty cool, dude. You can break down film, notice tendencies, know what defenses are being called, and know Lavar's assignment on every play better than the coaching staff. Sweet, man.

I wish I was as gifted as you.

If he was half as bad as people are saying now, why did Gregg Williams sing his praises last year, why didn't any of the other DC's that hated him bench him or adk for him to be traded?

I may not be a coach, but BS smells the same way no matter who is shoveling it. And this entire situation stinks.

LaVar has lost a few games for us, as recently as his last full-time season in '03.

He and Trotter lost the Carolina game for us with their freelancing. Yes, it was freelancing.

He singlehandedly lost us the game against Miami that same season.

The same season, he misread a tackle on Jim Finn that led to a huge play and a game winning field goal for the Giants in OT. Jim Finn, not exactly a Pro Bowl-level player or anything like that. I swear people think of LaVar and they think of the "LaVar Leap" from Penn State and only that.

He tried that once in the Pros and whiffed, also.

Not to mention, just because we can only notice the handful as fans watching our team doesn't mean there weren't countless other times that Lavar was either out of position or making the wrong read on a play...just because it doesn't go for a 50 yard TD, doesn't mean he wasn't making a mistake.

I would think that a large group of coaches would know more about this than we would. They have OBVIOUSLY seen something about his play that makes them uncomfortable about having him in there. Gibbs has had conversations with the guy and Lavar has been told what he needs to do to get on the field. I don't see how this topic is still open for debate...

If he was half as bad as people are saying now, why did Gregg Williams sing his praises last year, why didn't any of the other DC's that hated him bench him or adk for him to be traded?

I may not be a coach, but BS smells the same way no matter who is shoveling it. And this entire situation stinks.

Because, unlike Lavar, the team doesn't like to publicly lash out...they would never be critical of a player in public.

Gregg Williams has probably been planning on using Lavar this year whenever he's proven he's worthy to be on the field...but that doesn't mean he's got to tell everyone about his plans.

If Lavar had kept his trap shut this whole offseason after we paid him to settle the contract dispute when we needed not to after he insulted the team, the coaches for not talking about him and his knee enough, the owner for the dispute who has coddled this cat for years...all would be fine....Stop digging your own grave deeper lavar and STFU!!!!

Two points:

1) Lead Blocker's point about the coaches apparently only assessing LaVar on game film from the first 2 weeks of '04 and/or limited practice tape has merit, but does not cover all aspects of how a player is assessed. He is also assessed in the classroom, in the locker room, in the weight room, etc. It is possible that whatever is keeping the coaches from playing LA has as much to do with problems in areas other than on-field performance as it does what they have on film from a year ago. If, as Art suggests elsewhere, the man routinely gives the wrong answers in the classroom, and the guys ahead of him do not ...

2) most people seem to assume that LA is physically the same player today that he was pre-injury last September. That's a big assumption. After a full year of recurrent difficulty with a wheel, we have to at least consider the possibility that the man currently is NOT the same disruptive force we remember, but instead may be a step or two slower (which could well have been determined in preseason and the handful of snaps he's gotten since). Take away his physical freakishness, and what are we left with? A devoted student of the game who can make up for lessened mobility with smarts?

Just sayin'.

Because, unlike Lavar, the team doesn't like to publicly lash out...they would never be critical of a player in public.

Gregg Williams has probably been planning on using Lavar this year whenever he's proven he's worthy to be on the field...but that doesn't mean he's got to tell everyone about his plans.

That doesn't answer the question. If Lavar is as bad as people on this board now claim him to be, why is it that Gregg Williams had him as the starter and sang his praises last year? Why didn't any of the other DC critical of his play not make a move to bench him or move him to another team? Why was the team still willing to pay him more money if this stuff about every coaching staff not liking him are true?

The behavior of the team doesn't fit with the accusations being hurled at the player on this board by posters eagerly drinking the haterade.

Personally I'm going to believe Joe Gibbs, for now. I don't think Joe is a liar and I think he is telling the truth when he stated that he told Lavar exactly what he needed to do. The thing is until we know what Joe told him that statement doesn't mean much. He could have told Lavar "You have to work things out with the defensive coaches" or he could have said "you have to stop playing wreckless".....the first statement leaves Lavar's comments about the coaching staff not telling him how to get back on the field true, the second makes Lavar a liar. But Joe may have said none of these things and told him something different.

Until we know let's not demonize people and wait for the facts. Someone is BSing and we'll eventually know who it is.

Also the coaches do talk poorly of players to the media. One particular coach wasn't ramsey's biggest fan in the press in the past and this time accused Lavar of making one good player and 4 or 5 bad ones.

I really don't understand some of you people.

I would love to have Arrington out their wrecking havok, but I also like the feeling of watching my beloved Redskins win, and if the only Current Coach in the NFL who has already been inducted into the Hall of Fame thinks we have a better chance of winning with Lavar on the bench then I for one am all for Lavar "riding the pine".

Archived