Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Major Props to Brunell and the Offense

footballhenry

Brunell is proving my worries trivial as he has been performing at a high level the past 2 and a half games. Since 4 min to go in the Cowboy game he has played lights out football, more or less, with this game most definitely being his best as a Redskin. Its too bad that we lose when Brunell gives us his best performance:(

With all that said...put Ramsey in!!!!....hahaha, jk. Brunell's taken hold of this team like a true leader. Making tough plays when we need them, smart, evasive,etc. I hope he can keep it up :cheers:

Best game of the season so far for the offense.

Offense played really good...Portis was moving around the passing game was pretty efficient....With the exception of a couple of big dropped passes and the safety we got stollen away, I thought we played a very good game....If you subtract the penalties and the fumble, we definately win this tough grind-it- out game on the road!!! It's not that I'm happy or excited we lost, but I am very confident we are improving week by week!!! GO SKINS.....HAIL!!!! The EAGLES GOT POUNDED BY DALLAS!!!! I hate Dallas like all SKINS fans should, but I was actually rooting for them today so we could maintain 1st place in the soon to be dominate, again, NFC East!!!!

PS: Ha, ....NFL.com actually has us in 2nd place even though we have a divisional win and the Giants don't....I love it...

Brunell is going from whipping boy to semi Celebrity Status with Redskin Fans. Glad to see by Lambda Chi Brother is making a small come back in the latter part of his NFL Career, hopefully he can keep it up and lead us to the post season.

Marc is one of the good guys in the NFL! :applause:

Green Bay shouldn't have wasted all their points for the season on the lowly Saints. Farve is going nowhere fast. They have a tough stretch of games coming up, and the "careless" Farve is gonna get a reality check. Believe it or not Farve, you aren't good enough to win with those losers around you. And Farve isn't great anymore anyways, like Rice, & Brown I feel he is maligning his record by playing like crap when he knows he can't do it anymore.

No such thing as a good loss and the "major props" offense only had 19 points and only 10 till midway through the 4th quarter. It doesn't matter how many yards if we don't score. BTW, 30 completions for 322 yards isn't that great when you consider he had to throw 53 times. This offense needs to learn how to finish drives.

No such thing as a good loss and the "major props" offense only had 19 points and only 10 till midway through the 4th quarter. It doesn't matter how many yards if we don't score. BTW, 30 completions for 322 yards isn't that great when you consider he had to throw 53 times. This offense needs to learn how to finish drives.

Did you miss the rain out there? The heavy ball. The multiple drops. All that? Brunell's performance was remarkable considering the conditions.

I did miss all but midway through the 4th quarter of the game (and I only heard that on radio), but 19 points is only 19 points no matter how many yards they had. You can have all the first downs you want, but this teams needs to start converting more TD's. When I see threads stating the defense lost this game and I look at the stats, it makes me laugh. This is a great defense but occassionally they need to offense to score more than 20 points. Until they do, the 440 plus yards don't mean much.

BTW...If you say Brunell played remarkable, I'll take your word for it. The question becomes, what does this offense need to do to score more points?

Time.

Look at the quotes from Denver players. They were frustrated they couldn't generate pressure. Our protection schemes are coming together. Teams will slow the blitzing down for fear of these demoralizing grind-it-out drives. Remember when Norv was here he believed in a defensive system that forced teams to grind it out all game feeling they'd eventually get bored and stop.

But, if you can grind it out, you just take the life from opposing teams. Teams will start dropping more into coverage. When we get to that point, we'll start doing different things with the run, then the play action opens up even more.

We're just a hair away from really taking off with the scoring. It'll happen in a game we explode for 30 and we arrive. You can see it building. Now, we have a quarter of the season on tape. This is one full rotation of coaching tape. Tendencies are going to be there. We have to adjust and keep teams guessing as they adjust to us.

But, you're starting to see other teams simply have no answers for all the weapons we have. The response to that is to do more in coverage. Then everything opens up a little more.

If we are gonna drop 30 on someone, I'd say we have a great chance each of the next two weeks. Now, having not seen the game, was the blocked FG a result of a low kick or do we have some issues up the middle?

Bad kick. They had no penetration. Novak is gone when Hall can kick again.

Brunell completed 30 passes for 322 yards and 2TD...

very impressive...I dont remember the last time a Redskins

QB threw for over 300 yards?

He came pretty damn close against the Girls...291.

I tell you what though....I'm worried about Brunell throwing 50+ passes. His arm might fall off if he keeps up that pace!! I'm hoping they utilize the rush a little bit more against the Chiefs.

BTW...If you say Brunell played remarkable, I'll take your word for it. The question becomes, what does this offense need to do to score more points?

Brunell played great, period. Not superhuman, not perfect, but for the conditions he played great. Even Bronco fans think so.

Given what is going on with this team now, I'd say the answer to your question is pretty simple.

They'll continue to improve their scoring as they play more and become tighter as a unit, knowing each others moves, tendencies, and rythyms in different kinds of actual game situations, and also whenever they play lesser defenses than the ones they've played so far.

Archived