Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we a legit 3-0 team?

ILoveTheRedskins

Would you feel better if you'd LOST three games by a combined 6 points? Come on! The Skins did what they needed to do to win in each of those three games. Granted, there was some luck involved, but you really make your own luck by putting yourself in positions to take advantage of good bounces.

Look, your chances of going 16-0 are pretty dang slim. You're going to lose some games. That doesn't mean your season is going to come crashing down on you. You've given yourself a great start on the season, now take advantage of it. You should be revelling, not worrying.

We won three games. We didn't lose any. If there's any other criteria to deserve a 3-0 record I haven't heard of it.

Is this team a legitimate powerhouse? I don't think so. But luck will win you one game. Maybe two. Three? That's more than a coincidence.

We will lose some games this year and our record will balance out. But we aren't last year's Redskins. No amount of luck has won us three straight for over a decade.

Define a legit 3-0 team. the 91 Skins, yeah that was legit, but that is only cause we know how that season ended. Right now we are undefested and i don't care what anybody else has got to say about that. I don't care if we won by a combined 3 points, we are 3 wins closer to a playoff berth and on top of the divison right now.

I'd much rather be 3-0 and able to look back, realize there were repairable mistakes and be thankful they didn't crontribute to losses than 1-2 or 0-3 and thinking "if only this, that and the other thing, we'd be competetive... "

Looks much better knowing the team still hasn't put a whole game together yet, but heart has gotten them to 3-0. They know where they need to improve and this staff can get it done. I still think we'll ultimately wind up around 10-6, but my faith in this team is amazing.

bottom line is that we won the three games, I too would have liked a blowout, but dammit, 3-0 is 3-0, no such thing as an illigitimate 3-0. The only question is what will happen from here, and that remains to be seen. Next two games are huge tests to see where we stand against some teams that are expected to be playoff teams year after year.

Wins in today's NFL are hard to come by. 3-0 is a great start for a team that was picked to finish LAST in the NFC East by most of the pundits.

This team is beginning to take on Gibbs' persona. Mild mannered, conservative and very disciplined. This team will begin to fix the problem areas and concentrate on doing the little things right, which translates into beating teams that we really shouldn't be beating and winning the games we should. Total it all up and it equates to success and confidence.

Barring injuries, this team is a legit 10-6 or 11-5 team. Which will get us into the playoffs and maybe even a home game!

I'm not expecting Superbowl here, but a chance to put something together that will be successful for more years to come is what we are seeing. Enjoy this while we can. Five years seems long, but we are a quarter of the way through year two of Gibbs' return.

We will loose some heartbreakers this year. Maybe even a few games we "should have" won; however, we will be in every game and compete on a level we haven't seen with the Redskins since Jack Kent Cooke owned the team. Think about that for awhile.

What part about completing two long passes was lucky against the Cowboys?

Because it happened in the last 4 minutes of the ball game Art :rolleyes: When the Cowboys were EXPECTING the team to go deep... and they completed those passes anyways.

If the Redskins can't sustain 80-yard 11-play drives every single offensive possession.... than this team doesn't deserve to win football games.

/sarcasm.

A win is a win anyway you can get it so we're as legit as they other undefeated teams. But win the next one in Denver to go 4-0 and your chances of making the playoffs increase to 80%!!!!! With a win next week all this legit talk goes away.

I'm worried. Last night, after listening to MNF pregame and hearing that we only won the last 3 games by a COMBINED 6 points, I got nervous. Eventually this is gonna come crashing down.

Anyone else feel this way?

We won those games with a combined -4 turnover ratio, which means we make up for mistakes on the field and still play hard enough to win. Its a great thing.

Our defense is championship caliber. Our offense is looking more and more able every game. If Brunell keeps getting good pass protection and Portis keeps busting it through the holes, the 'Skins are a dangerous team.

In summary, Hell Yes This Team Is a Legit 3-0!!! :)

:dallasuck

In looking at the standings, I failed to notice an asterisk by our record. This isn't figure skating...there is no style points. A W is a W and they are hard

to come by in the NFL.

I don't think we're a great team, but we steadily working in that direction. The difference this year vs. previous years is we're winning these close games.

Personally, I'd rather be 3-0 by 6 points than 0-3 by 6 points. How may times have we all said we could have been (fill in blank) if we had only scored

3-7 more points a game.

Enjoy being 3-0! Why do we have to have the "sky is falling" mentality.

We won those games with a combined -4 turnover ratio, which means we make up for mistakes on the field and still play hard enough to win. Its a great thing.

The post to end all post about how legit we are. No team has gone IMO 3-0 with a negative turn over ration. Ask the Bucs, the Bengals and even the Donkeys how would their team do if they were in every game BEHIND in turnovers.

Lets just see for sh!ts and giggles.

Redskins - Bears 9-0 if not for the turnover by AB

Redskins - Cowturds 14-10 if not for the turnover by Brunell

Redskins - Seachickens 20-17 but it should have been the other way around and a lose.

Now I didn't even throw a few turnovers our way. Hell man watching ***** cats they would probably have lost the Bears game without all those turnovers.

Archived