Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Props to Brunell

footballhenry

Have to give the man props for managing a good game. His best play of the game, imo, was his scramble towards the end on third down. GREAT heads up play. Im starting to gain confidence in Mark, and thats a good thing. He went out and played a good game even though I didn't think he would. Im glad he proved me wrong this week:) 3-0 baby! :cheers:

honestly, i was one that was against the Ramsey benching... but today i must admit that this was definately the right move. Brunell is the man, he's a real leader and a manager of the game. Besides the pick and a couple bad passes he played a near flawless game.. big ups to MB!

He did a little more than manage the game, Henry. If you have a QB that just manages a game, you don't win. The "managing QB" is a hugh myth, IMO. You have to have a QB who can make big plays, and He's done that now 2 games.

I agree that Brunell did far more than just manage today, but the managing quarterback isn't so much a myth as a rarity. Once in a while you see those teams with strong defenses and running games who really do just rely on the quarterback to hold onto the ball and complete the occasional 3rd and long.

He did a little more than manage the game, Henry. If you have a QB that just manages a game, you don't win. The "managing QB" is a hugh myth, IMO. You have to have a QB who can make big plays, and He's done that now 2 games.

Steven, did you the the field pass in time to listen to the end of the game?

Have to give the man props for managing a good game. His best play of the game, imo, was his scramble towards the end on third down. GREAT heads up play. Im starting to gain confidence in Mark, and thats a good thing. He went out and played a good game even though I didn't think he would. Im glad he proved me wrong this week:) 3-0 baby! :cheers:

It should have been enough for you to know Gibbs had confidence in Brunell. But, he's in there for a reason. We may not be able to be GREAT with him in there, but, he can avoid critical mistakes Ramsey would put at risk. Ramsey would have forced several passes Brunell simply threw away. That's why Brunell is in the game.

May I please have the Patrick Ramsey fans admit defeat. Burnell give them Hell!

Admit defeat?, thats weak, weak.

Mark looked like a NFL QB this week, played well and we won today because of him.

I tend to believe this will carry over.

Winning is contageous, when its starts happening you want to hold onto it.

They are getting use to winning.

Mark Brunell played a great game. This team is still gelling, which is exciting. When we can hit those long passes (Week 2), run consistantly (Week 1), and convert on third downs and intermediate passes (Week 4) all in the same game, we'll be a GOOD offense, not just an average offense. This is also promising because the offense has shown that it can move the ball in many different ways. This will prove to be useful because we are going to play defenses that have many different combinations of stregths and weaknesses.

It should have been enough for you to know Gibbs had confidence in Brunell.

Blind faith is just that, blind faith.

Just because Joe says it it so does not mean it is.

I have been a fan all my life and have disagreed with him on several occasions.

Bottom line though is that e does know how to win and this team is starting to beleive that.

No one in their right mind can give Mark anything but props right now. He's avoiding the rush, keeping drives alive, and avoiding the turnovers. I'm not sure if we win any games this year unless he's starting. Kudos to a guy that deserves a clean slate and 2nd chance with all of us!

Bottom line though is that e does know how to win and this team is starting to beleive that.

Blind faith would insinuate you have no reason to have faith. In Joe Gibbs there's reason. In Patrick Ramsey's play, you had reason. In Brunell's play in preseason you had reason. It took blind ignorance not to appreciate the reasons for the move. It didn't take faith at all to appreciate the why of it. It simply took eyes and a brain and an awareness that Gibbs is more intelligent about football than us.

Some forget that.

Second the props to #8! If the line gives him time to step up, he is very accurate and still got some zip. He doesnt scramble for yards like he used to, but on the two where he took off, can you say HUGE! Like the rolling pocket as well. If this line really gels, this team could go a very, very long way! HTTR!

So that begs the question....who the f**k are you?

So, I think the lesson here is that we should have a little faith in our coach and the decisions he makes. Mark is everything Gibbs said when he brought him here last year. We're just now figuring it out. While we were busy complaining, Joe was putting a team together. :eaglesuck

Guess that's why he gets the big bucks.

Whoa, lets not get into the bash PR phase again, god that makes me sick when you guys start bashing our players like that. We dont know what would have happened had PR been QB all this time, but we ARE 3-0 and it seems for now Gibbs is on the right side of the tracks. And Henry, no point in trying to berate anyone for 'doubting' Gibbs for putting in Brunell, for by doubts about Mark Brunell have been reaffirmed more than not, but it seems this may be changing, lets hope:)

Archived