Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone hold me, i'm scared ;(

coldpack

Even tho we're odd favorites to win. I'm still feeling scared for this weekend. Especially when shawn alexander is coming off a brilliant game against the cards.
Alexander's Grandmother could have been brilliant against that defensive front. He will be facing an entirely different defense this week.

Alexander's Grandmother could have been brilliant against that defensive front. He will be facing an entirely different defense this week.

LOL.

Thing is, if they beat us on the ground then they beat us outright. That's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about OUR running game. It is now the most questionable part of our offense now that Brunell is in decent shape.

If the game wasn't at home, I'd be a little nervious too... But I think FedEx will probably be the loudest it's ever been this weekend, and the Skins are going to have a big game :)

Agreed. That Chicago game was ridiculous. I saw old ladies standing up and screaming during those 3 false starts by the Bears.

Alexanders big game last week only made our defense that much more focused on him. Springs should know D-Jax's moves pretty well. The fans will be into this one big time. I think Portis will probably be up for this too, as Alexander is considered one of the best RBs in the game. If our offensive line plays well, i think we can definitely win this game. Maybe even score 20+ points!! :)

Alexander faced one tough defense so far this year and that was the Jaguars and he only ran for 73 rushing yards and 0 reciving yards and no touchdowns. If we strike early against the seahawks, Alexander want be a factor, but we have to score and not wait till the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Let me a give you a story that may soothe your nerves.

I attended a taping of Redskins Late Night last night. Defensive lineman Joe Salave'a was the guest. Before the taping I asked him how the team gets ready for Seattle after such an emotional win in Dallas. Here's what he told me:

"Man, losing is a terrible feeling. I don't want to go through that and no one on this team wants to go through that."

I think this team will be focused Sunday and ready to give the 'Hawks a fight.

It is now the most questionable part of our offense now that Brunell is in decent shape.

Wow.................You're actually more worried about our ground game then our passing game?? And 5 minutes of performance out of 60 minutes tells us that Brunell is in decent shape now??

Hey Bartender, give me what this guy's drinking and make it a double..........

Wow.................You're actually more worried about our ground game then our passing game?? And 5 minutes of performance out of 60 minutes tells us that Brunell is in decent shape now??

:cheers:

Hello? How many yards has Clinton + Ladell given us this year? Without that 41 yard run from our 4 yard line (Bears' defense playing pass all-the-way), it would be terrible. How many fumbles have occured in our running game? (1 Ladell turnover and 1 lucky recovery). How many times have we gone to our "stout" running game to get a 3rd down conversion? Have you seen Brunell? I think you're just so used to calling our passing game pathetic that it's hard to admit Brunell looks 10x better than last year. Legs, arm strength (especially) and accuracy. Clinton is our 4 million dollar man, and what has he done for us lately? Brunell? Pathetic last year. But worked his ass off and looks much better now. I'm confident we will get yards through the air. He's been hitting his targets - even with inadequate blocking.

Take away those 2 deep passes (which were absolutely beautiful passes, which Dallas KNEW was coming) and the majority of Brunell's passes are sweet spirals right where they need to be. How deep they are is another question, but it looks to me like he's capable of throwing it 50 yards.

Our offensive line, Clinton and Ladell need to step it up, do you disagree?

LOL.

Thing is, if they beat us on the ground then they beat us outright. That's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about OUR running game. It is now the most questionable part of our offense now that Brunell is in decent shape.

That is just the thing that our running game needs...a healthy passing game.

:applause: :cheers: :point2sky

Archived